Author Topic: Shaun Grigg [merged]  (Read 179634 times)

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: Shaun Grigg to Richmond (Official) [merged]
« Reply #255 on: May 16, 2011, 03:30:01 PM »
Grigg defensive efforts against North Melbourne were second to none. Saved us 2 goals with 1on1 battles as the last defender.

Was poor yesterday. 1 bad game out of 8.

Drop Grigg? You are joking  :rollin

Nope, not joking.
Been poor for a few weeks now, in my opinion. On more than one occasion yesterday I saw him give up a chase,  not go in hard enough or just look generally disinterested.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #256 on: May 16, 2011, 03:59:39 PM »
Nope, not joking.
Been poor for a few weeks now, in my opinion. On more than one occasion yesterday I saw him give up a chase,  not go in hard enough or just look generally disinterested.

lol you either dont watch any games or just miss the parts that Grigg is involved in the play! Yes he was poor this week but so was most of the side, before that he has been playing very solid football including a couple of bog's........

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #257 on: May 16, 2011, 04:42:22 PM »
Nope, not joking.

lol you either dont watch any games or just miss the parts that Grigg is involved in the play! Yes he was poor this week but so was most of the side, before that he has been playing very solid football including a couple of bog's........

Yep agree.
Go Tigers!

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #258 on: May 16, 2011, 04:53:01 PM »
Nope, not joking.

lol you either dont watch any games or just miss the parts that Grigg is involved in the play!

I reckon I'd get to a few more games than you would down there in Deliverance country.    :thumbsup
Always watch the replay too.
Agree that we had a lot of poor players yesterday. Most were at least having a dip, though. I dont think Grigg did. Thats the type of crap you get dropped for.
Just my perspective. 

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #259 on: May 16, 2011, 04:54:36 PM »

including a couple of bog's........

do tell....

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Shaun Grigg is thriving in Tigerland (Ballarat Courier)
« Reply #260 on: May 26, 2011, 12:50:29 PM »
Shaun Grigg is thriving in Tigerland
By Melanie Whelan
Ballarat Courier
26 May, 2011

SHAUN Grigg says he is enjoying his best AFL football in the yellow-and-black.

Grigg has built a consistent role through the Richmond midfield, since requesting a transfer from Carlton in trade week last October.

The Tigers are stirring this season and the 23-year-old from Ballarat said he was “loving it”.

Grigg has been focused on improving his football, in whatever role coach Damien Hardwick demanded.

A smooth transition and fresh start helped.

The results are starting to show.

Grigg has been averaging 24 disposals this season, including a match high of 30 possessions against Collingwood, developing into an onfield leader in an emerging Tiger outfield.

“Consistency is the one thing I’ve been aiming for since the start,” Grigg said.

“I just want to be consistent and play my role for the team – sometimes that might be blocking players and next week it might be my turn to get my hands on the pill.

“We’re definitely a young team – but that’s no excuse.

“As soon as you put on the Richmond Football Club guernsey, a bloke’s age is irrelevant.

“You’re another soldier for the Tiger army.”

Grigg played down talk the Tigers would finish in the eight this season, saying it was something a playing group always aimed to reach.

But, in an even competition, the Tigers approached one week at a time with the belief the scoreboard would take care of itself.

The Tiger faithful have still begun to rally in full voice this season with Richmond on the rise, especially after a 16-point win against top-four team Essendon on Saturday night.

Arriving from Carlton, Grigg is no stranger to blockbuster crowds but he said there was still something special about an 83,000-strong crowd for the Dreamtime at the ‘G clash.

Grigg said the build-up to the game was unique but once he was on the field, it was all about the game.

Having the backing of Richmond supporters was also something he has enjoyed getting used to hearing, too.

“They are very passionate supporters,” Grigg said.

“People don’t always realise just how many there are out there.

“Now we’re winning more games, there’s heaps coming out of the woodwork.”

Grigg said he loves belting out the Richmond song after a win, partly because it’s the same theme he sang through his junior football at Redan.

The Lions have always been good supporters of his career, Grigg said, and he tried to keep track of their progress in the Ballarat Football League.

Grigg also sponsors Sam Giblett and hoped to see the defender back in the Redan seniors soon.

The Tigers’ campaign continues in Darwin on Saturday night against Port Adelaide.

http://www.thecourier.com.au/news/local/sport/football-australian-rules/afl-shaun-grigg-is-thriving-in-tigerland/2175181.aspx

gerkin greg

Re: Shaun Grigg [merged]
« Reply #261 on: May 26, 2011, 01:05:06 PM »
disposal has been a bit on the rank side recently

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #262 on: May 26, 2011, 01:10:41 PM »
Made a couple of poor desposals by foot on the weekend plus that dodgy handball through the goals that cost us but since arriving I have been impressed by his consistency. While he'll never be one of our best he gives us grunt in the middle and the depth every good side needs to succeed.

Hope he regains his confidence this week and finds his kicking boot

Offline TheUmpire

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #263 on: May 26, 2011, 01:35:54 PM »
Grigg may be averaging 24 disposals this season, but I reckon he gets half of those by running behind a player who marks or gets a free kick and then he stops and props. He is a confusing player. I can't work him out. I think it's play him in the guts or don't play him at a;;.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #264 on: May 26, 2011, 06:23:44 PM »
Made a couple of poor desposals by foot on the weekend plus that dodgy handball through the goals that cost us but since arriving I have been impressed by his consistency. While he'll never be one of our best he gives us grunt in the middle and the depth every good side needs to succeed.

someone (yourself or mr magic?) replied when i commented about Martins errors that most of his errors are with short passes. I think this may very well be the case with grigg as i noticed the other night that it was mainly the short passes he stuffed.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Big Punt

• Tiger Rookie
  • Eat 'em Alive!
« Reply #265 on: May 26, 2011, 08:25:36 PM »
Not sure that defence suits him. But I suspect its part of his development process.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #266 on: May 26, 2011, 11:17:26 PM »

someone (yourself or mr magic?) replied when i commented about Martins errors that most of his errors are with short passes. I think this may very well be the case with grigg as i noticed the other night that it was mainly the short passes he stuffed.

Yes you're right. He finds the short passes more difficult than long kicks due to the added pressure and precision that are placed on short kicks compared to long bombs.

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Shaun Grigg is thriving in Tigerland (Ballarat Courier)
« Reply #267 on: May 27, 2011, 12:11:25 AM »

“You’re another soldier for the Tiger army.”

:thumbsup   I like it Griggy
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #268 on: May 27, 2011, 12:19:13 AM »
Oh for Gods sake, he has been an asset, he is doing the job Hardwick wants him to do and he has been doing that job better than Collins ever could have done.

Great pick up and great to see the passion he has for the club in his first year!!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #269 on: May 27, 2011, 10:47:48 AM »
IIRC, both his turnovers last week were when we went backwards with the ball and the Bumblers started pressing really hard and closing down the space.

I thought it was a mistake to go backwards, but not being at the game, I wondered if we didn't have the long, get-out option in position along the boundary line.  They don't show those things on the idiot box.  I was shouting at the screen to kick it long, along the line, but he didn't hear me.

Was it the mailman who was supposed to provide the long option?  Was he there?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 03:39:54 PM by Muscles »