Author Topic: Shaun Grigg [merged]  (Read 179634 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Re: Shaun Grigg [merged]
« Reply #690 on: December 06, 2014, 08:24:45 PM »
My favourite Bowden party trick - standing with the ball as teammates streamed past at full pelt with acres of clear space in front of them and refusing to give it off , before eventually kicking it backwards or sideways to either another stationary teammate -or better yet, one under pressure. Awesome stuff - used to get me right out my seat let me tell you.
It wasn't only you! :banghead :banghead

It was even better when his brother played and they just played kick to kick in the backline

Let's not forget his other party trick - dropping non-contested marks and handball receives under moderate pressure, falling to ground, hand balling to disadvantage, goal to opposition team.

Repeat x 22 per year.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #691 on: December 06, 2014, 09:02:34 PM »
My favourite Bowden party trick - standing with the ball as teammates streamed past at full pelt with acres of clear space in front of them and refusing to give it off , before eventually kicking it backwards or sideways to either another stationary teammate -or better yet, one under pressure. Awesome stuff - used to get me right out my seat let me tell you.
It wasn't only you! :banghead :banghead

It was even better when his brother played and they just played kick to kick in the backline

Let's not forget his other party trick - dropping non-contested marks and handball receives under moderate pressure, falling to ground, hand balling to disadvantage, goal to opposition team.

Repeat x 22 per year.

It's just a cavalcade of fond memories...
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #692 on: December 06, 2014, 10:24:15 PM »
Common chaps. We are all tigers.

Keep it civil. We all want success! Agree to disagree. :gotigers

Everybody luv everybody pls.   :'(

Chaplin is a nice guy

Grigg is cool

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #693 on: December 07, 2014, 07:50:51 AM »
Better judges than some of you bozos have him winning two best and fairests and being AA twice and giving over 10 years of service to the club.
I can understand people having a bit of fun with some players that have played for our great club that maybe lacked some basic football skills but to single out Joel and Campbell with their records shows a lack of intelligence IMO.
If it makes you feel like a big man i guess for for it though.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #694 on: December 07, 2014, 08:49:46 AM »
Better judges than some of you bozos have him winning two best and fairests and being AA twice and giving over 10 years of service to the club.
I can understand people having a bit of fun with some players that have played for our great club that maybe lacked some basic football skills but to single out Joel and Campbell with their records shows a lack of intelligence IMO.

Lack of intelligence? Cmon Big Tone, not the brightest light on the Christmas tree yourself  ;)
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #695 on: December 07, 2014, 09:41:18 AM »

Lack of intelligence? Cmon Big Tone, not the brightest light on the Christmas tree yourself  ;)

So Dooks, how does 2 pages of denigrating Bowden and Campbell contribute to this thread?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #696 on: December 07, 2014, 11:40:20 AM »

So Dooks, how does 2 pages of denigrating Bowden and Campbell contribute to this thread?

Its ranking the poo-ness

Is the griggster poo or is he very poo

Contributes a lot: by contrasting with past poos.

Gigantor

« Reply #697 on: December 07, 2014, 11:46:00 AM »
Shaun is probably one of my least favourite footballers ,but its obvious the selectors feel he contributes significantly to the cause ,just wish my knowledge of football was sufficient to be able to see what exactly his contribution is.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #698 on: December 07, 2014, 01:18:17 PM »

I guess it's comparing, substantiating and gauging the weaker attributes of previous outside players to Grigg.

To me it's constructive. And honest. Rather than accepting weaknesses and hiding behind the jumper.

If that upsets some of the blunter tools in the shed to the point they instigate name calling then so be it. You have to accept some posters limitations. I'm sure they are nice people and play a mean banjo
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #699 on: December 07, 2014, 01:42:46 PM »
So is bagging players who played 200 games + for the club is a sign of intellect?
Interesting.

Also, do you really think the last 2 pages have been constructive - is that how you conduct an opposing view in your workplace?
Do you question people's intelligence because they have a different view?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #700 on: December 07, 2014, 01:46:15 PM »
Shaun is probably one of my least favourite footballers ,but its obvious the selectors feel he contributes significantly to the cause ,just wish my knowledge of football was sufficient to be able to see what exactly his contribution is.

the number of 'kids'he will block from getting a game is growing

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #701 on: December 07, 2014, 01:51:38 PM »

the number of 'kids'he will block from getting a game is growing

Same with Newman, Pettard etc
"Sliding doors moment.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #702 on: December 07, 2014, 02:04:30 PM »
Bowden was stuffn useless.

Cheating, showboating idiot.