Author Topic: Shaun Grigg [merged]  (Read 179633 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Shaun Grigg [merged]
« Reply #750 on: March 22, 2015, 11:16:15 AM »
Yes it was a practice match but this is the best game I have seen Grigg play. Hard ball gets :o who would of thought! Fantastic effort turning his previous soft attack on the ball completely around. Plays round 1 for mine...if that's the new standard.
I agree machine, I felt both he and houli were harder at last week in Albury.

I was impressed by his game today
Is this the final year of his contract?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #751 on: March 22, 2015, 03:52:18 PM »
Yes it was a practice match but this is the best game I have seen Grigg play. Hard ball gets :o who would of thought! Fantastic effort turning his previous soft attack on the ball completely around. Plays round 1 for mine...if that's the new standard.

Yes it is, YaBB. Grigg signed a two year deal in 2013 until the end of 2015.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #752 on: March 22, 2015, 04:03:18 PM »
I've seen this movie before. Richmond cannot resign him before the end of 2015.
Absolute no go zone.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

No More

« Reply #753 on: March 22, 2015, 04:05:11 PM »

don't worry doc, Hartley will give the Griggster a new contract and the club will claim it as a big coup  ;D

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #754 on: March 23, 2015, 02:08:42 AM »
And he'll accordingly go back to a big softy helicoptering it into the forward line

Did play well though give him that

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #755 on: March 23, 2015, 02:21:31 AM »
Still did very little real defensive running and will no doubt be back to his jogging, pointing & waving best soon enough.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

tony_montana

« Reply #756 on: March 23, 2015, 12:17:30 PM »
I want to see this gun tagger in action, whose he got first up? Marc Murphy? Gibbs? Judd on one leg?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #757 on: March 23, 2015, 12:30:23 PM »

That comments going in the pool room... ;D
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #758 on: April 12, 2015, 08:18:16 AM »
Why does this bloke get a game?

Can anyone tell me what dimwit sees in him. Claw, Alberto, WP?? Can anyone answer this
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #759 on: April 12, 2015, 09:22:01 AM »
OER Tribune,
Don Fistiki
Sunday 12 April 2015.

Grigg re-signs for 3 more years

On a day where Richmond succumbed meekly by 19 points to the Western Bulldogs and more tragically Bachar Houli was spruiking how much Alex Rance loved the club, some positive news has emerged from the club with Sean Grigg re-signing with the club for 3 more years.

Dan Richardson was very upbeat last night despite the loss claiming the re-signing of Grigg as a "monumental coup". Furthermore he added " Noone in the league can go one handed, one legged and more importantly more single minded in avoiding any contact whatsoever than Shaun. We feel we have really helped to lock in another piece of the puzzle that is the RFC".

The re-signing of Grigg has lifted a the gloom at Punt Rd albeitly briefly given the courting of Rance from both WA clubs and the sceptre of former player's Ben Cousins erratic off field behaviour in recent weeks.  Apparently Dan Richardson was hopeful that Alex Rance would commit to the Tigers by the end of the year, as hopeful as he was winning tattslotto last nigt.

" Getting 6 numbers isn't that hard. It's not as hard as Alex Rance signing a new RFC contract and if I just get Division 6 with one number and 2 supps well that's a start".
Grigg was not available for comment, however it is believed his contract close to 1.2 million over 3 years makes him one of the better paid players at the club given the recent committment made by Dustin Martin and captain Trent Cotchin"

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #760 on: April 12, 2015, 04:06:31 PM »

Can anyone tell me what dimwit sees in him. Claw, Alberto, WP?? Can anyone answer this

Don't know why you are asking me

I've wanted him gone for 2 seasons now. Served his purpose in his first 2 years but he is nowhere near our best 22

He is slow at the best of times, yesterday he was slower than a snail

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #761 on: April 12, 2015, 04:22:41 PM »
Probably the worst, and least influential 20 possession game I can recall of any player.

The one handed marking attempt in the centre of the ground when the game was in the balance and resulting turnover will HAUNT me for as long as he stays on our list.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #762 on: April 12, 2015, 04:31:47 PM »

I've wanted him gone for 2 seasons now. Served his purpose in his first 2 years but he is nowhere near our best 22

i was merely asking for someone to give me a reason why he is getting selected. I know where you stand on him.

If anyone wants grigg in the team step forward and let us know why as i cant see it.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #763 on: April 12, 2015, 05:14:42 PM »

i was merely asking for someone to give me a reason why he is getting selected. I know where you stand on him.

If anyone wants grigg in the team step forward and let us know why as i cant see it.
Tigeritis™©® permits mediocrity.
It clouds ones judgement & makes the ordinary look passible.
It accepts near enough as good enough.
It gives games to players past their use by date.
It allows for incompetence.
It makes excuses for inept performances.
It celebrates a finals appearance despite an awful result.
It makes 3 possession performances acceptable, giving it excusable critiques to add to its validity.
It thinks Vickery is a good footy player.
The club that keeps giving.

Gigantor

« Reply #764 on: April 12, 2015, 05:21:04 PM »
Sean occupies real estate on the football field better than anyone in the league ;D