Author Topic: Shaun Grigg [merged]  (Read 179636 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Shaun Grigg [merged]
« Reply #870 on: May 31, 2015, 01:14:03 AM »
Zlatan give it a rest, you're being childish. Grigg has been excellent this year. Most players have poo moments - can think of examples for every player on our list if you really want to start picking bones.

He had 20 touches, made space/provided an option on the lead all night, jagged two goals, and kept Watson VERY modest.

Most suspect bloke tonight for me was Chaplin. Came good in the 4th but that's about it.

Chappy was poot
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #871 on: May 31, 2015, 10:41:53 AM »
Playing some great footy this year. The whole team is lifting

:gotigers

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #872 on: May 31, 2015, 05:42:39 PM »
Grigg has really stepped up this year .
Comfortably in our top 22 now.

you sure

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #873 on: May 31, 2015, 06:57:49 PM »
Grigg has really stepped up this year .
Comfortably in our top 22 now.

you sure

Never been a fan. Actually will say I m one of his harshest critics

but right now he is playing good footy and is clearly in our best 22
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #874 on: May 31, 2015, 09:10:38 PM »
And I thought WAT was always harsh on Edwards :lol geeeez Zlatan your hatred is truly making you bias

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #875 on: June 01, 2015, 10:13:37 AM »
And I thought WAT was always harsh on Edwards :lol geeeez Zlatan your hatred is truly making you bias

would you agree grigg wont play key position?

grimes - elton/astbury
           - rance

- reiwoldt
mcbean - griffith/vickery
maric

would you agree grigg is inferior, or less of a defender than: titch, deledio, martin, cotchin, miles, vlastuin, b.ellis, mcintosh. bachelor. houli?

grimes - elton/astbury - bachelor
vlastuin  - rance - houli
b.ellis - cotchin - mcintosh
s.edwards - reiwoldt -  :huh
mcbean - griffith/vickery - deledio
maric   - martin - miles

note: 18 can play at one time. 21 in total. One 'substitute' - the more rational people will agree the above seventeen are ahead. For example, while not light years superior to Grigg; Houli and Bachelor are more capable defensive types thus more suited to a back flank or pocket than mr Shaun 'he who does not like running backwards into defensive areas'.Miles and vlastuin have a infinitely higher ceiling. where as your deledio class, in comparison, doesn't require discussion. The reality is, there is one spot in the #18. For you mate Shaun. And that means neglecting youth like Corey Ellis, Lennon, Mendue, Lambert, Donuts etc. or a former first rounder, young Conca. Then the question is, is Grigg actually ahead of Thomas, Knights, Pettard, Foley, Newman, Gordon etc.?

Or is he just an overrated, downhill, flat track, spud. That looks good when the team is flying but is the first to crack with his mate Troy Chaplin. When the going gets tought, as the clear weakest link in the chain with the smallest amount of upside? I personally wish him well and hope he flourishes. However i fear he is a listblocker that will destroy some kids career, with a manager in Hardwick that is not capable of dropping a favorite when out of form.

Who do people expect to drop out - if we get a danger or rockliff or shild?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #876 on: June 01, 2015, 10:21:07 AM »
Certainly does fly when we are flying does the ol Griggster but he should stay in the team based on his form. He is ahead of Conca let's be honest here.

His form will turn around soon enough though,  perhaps when he signs the next contract that the RFC give him in the next month   :banghead
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #877 on: June 01, 2015, 10:23:51 AM »
Certainly does fly when we are flying does the ol Griggster but he should stay in the team based on his form. He is ahead of Conca let's be honest here.

His form will turn around soon enough though,  perhaps when he signs the next contract that the RFC give him in the next month   :banghead

you reckon

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #878 on: June 01, 2015, 11:42:53 AM »

Thought I was fair actually, called it how it was as I am doing now with the great Shane... ;D ;D ;D ;)
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #879 on: June 04, 2015, 02:39:33 AM »
Grigg is now equal second on our goalkicking list this year. He's averaging a goal per game, so he's heading for over a 20 goal season which is good return for a midfielder.

Riewoldt   25
Grigg         9
Griffiths      9
Martin        7

http://finalsiren.com/Fixture.asp?SeasonID=2015&TeamID=8&Sort=Goals%20Desc#player

Grigg is also second for tackles at Richmond this year, averaging 4.1 per game. That's a jump from 3.2 tackles per game last season.

Miles       40
Grigg      37
B.Ellis     36
Martin     36

http://finalsiren.com/Fixture.asp?SeasonID=2015&TeamID=8&Sort=Tackles%20Desc#player

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #880 on: June 04, 2015, 06:53:12 AM »
Grigg is also second for tackles at Richmond this year, averaging 4.1 per game. That's a jump from 3.2 tackles per game last season.

Miles       40
Grigg      37
B.Ellis     36
Martin     36

http://finalsiren.com/Fixture.asp?SeasonID=2015&TeamID=8&Sort=Tackles%20Desc#player

They are great numbers for Grigg & Ellis B considering where they were last year
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #881 on: June 04, 2015, 09:22:47 AM »
Which is why players shouldn't necessarily be judged on past reputations - good or bad
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

tony_montana

« Reply #882 on: June 04, 2015, 01:14:28 PM »
Which is why players shouldn't necessarily be judged on past reputations - good or bad

agreed, unfortunately some players get labelled for life. If Grigg continued on with this type of output I'd have no qualms whatsover with him keeping his spot in the side. Everyone deserves a chance and I personally love it when players dig in and really improve themselvs. Rance is one, Edwards is another, they were shockers early on in their careers and have now become key players

Offline Zlatan

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #883 on: June 04, 2015, 02:03:31 PM »

newman straight into the guts?

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #884 on: June 04, 2015, 02:32:18 PM »

newman straight into the guts?

Yep preferably with a karate kick