Author Topic: Shaun Grigg [merged]  (Read 179638 times)

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
Re: Shaun Grigg [merged]
« Reply #915 on: July 06, 2015, 10:42:32 AM »
Whatever floats your boat

I'd be more comfortable asking what Ryan Crowley is doing next year
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #916 on: July 06, 2015, 10:52:09 AM »
Probably dyeing his hair given how old he is...

Maybe we should see if Ling is available? He'll only be 35...

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #917 on: July 06, 2015, 10:53:32 AM »
He's like three years older than Grigg...

Why not play someone who is not soft like arnot, or someone that has ability like donuts? In that role...

This Grigg is a good tagger myth is hilarious
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #918 on: July 06, 2015, 11:02:47 AM »
Because Arnot has nowhere near the running capacity of Grigg. Grigg isn't lightning but he can run all day and provide outside movement.

Arnot is exclusively an inside midfielder.

McDonough I don't think would cut it in the midfield. Is a small FWD.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #919 on: July 06, 2015, 11:07:19 AM »
Gordon? He's like twice as fit as Grigg and is doing a nothing role ATM. Hardwick a seems to want him in the team? Newman? Can't be any worse than he's current output, surely . Grigg  was not a tagger but has been 'taught' - why could not arnot? I do agree he looks fat / not fit. Hell grigg 'was, (is?) a soft outside winger. I'm getting a bit sick of promising kids shown the door without a go. Donuts is a mid 100% I reckon

Gibbs bog comming up

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #920 on: July 06, 2015, 11:15:40 AM »
Gordon? He's like twice as fit as Grigg and is doing a nothing role ATM. Hardwick a seems to want him in the team? Newman? Can't be any worse than he's current output, surely . Grigg  was not a tagger but has been 'taught' - why could not arnot? I do agree he looks fat / not fit. Hell grigg 'was, (is?) a soft outside winger. I'm getting a bit sick of promising kids shown the door without a go. Donuts is a mid 100% I reckon

Gibbs bog comming up

Yeah I think Gordon has the attributes to make a tagger. Would be worth a try. But I think Grigg is getting the job done fine.

Newman should be fed his favourite meal and taken down to the back paddock. Has lost leg speed too.

Arnot simply isn't fit enough. He probably never will be. He has a physique suited to inside midfield work and that's where I would like to see him playing more often.

And TBH Grigg has been a lot tougher this year. He's averaging more tackles and I've actually seen him not shirk his responsibilities at times this year lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #921 on: July 13, 2015, 02:58:15 AM »
Grigg turns spuds into business success

aflplayers.com.au
Jul 10, 2015

AFL players have a great understanding of the food that fuels them. They have to. But Shaun Grigg has taken that dedication to a new level.

The Richmond midfielder’s love of SpudBar products is now his business.

His investment in the chain originated from his inability to prepare a decent meal for himself. It then developed from a desire to have a life outside of football.

“When I got to Carlton I was living with a couple of the boys from the club and I wasn’t the greatest cook,” Grigg told aflplayers.com.au.

“I was looking for something quick and easy and healthy for athletes. It’s been a pretty big part of my diet since.”

These days Grigg enjoys a spud or salad from one of his own SpudBar franchises, including one in the Tigers’ heartland in Swan Street, Richmond.

Grigg and his business partners now have 15 SpudBar stores to their name, including interstate ventures, and are steadily growing the franchises.

“Spudbar has been around since 2000 and aims to provide tasty food that’s healthy, great value, quick and casual,” Grigg explained.

“It’s a really good fit for a sportsperson and there’s a connection for me that is really natural.

“One of the great things about the business is the fact Matt Wilkinson is the chef and he’s always coming up with new ideas.

“He’s worked at some of Melbourne’s best restaurants and brings that to SpudBar.”

Grigg is hands-on with the business and enjoys helping new franchises get off the ground.

“I did a couple of business courses early in my career so I am putting them into practice now and also getting some real-time experience,” Grigg said.

“It’s important to have some time away from the game. Something like this keeps me pretty busy and gets your mind ticking over on other things.”

Grigg, who played 43 games with Carlton, is injury free after hamstring troubles impacted his 2014 campaign.

He is enjoying his footy and looking forward to a Friday night showdown with a number of former teammates when the Tigers take on the Blues at the MCG.

“I had four great years at the Blues, made a lot of friends, and had some great coaches.

“The opportunity came up to move to Richmond and I saw that they were building something pretty special so I jumped at the chance at it and haven’t looked back.”

http://www.aflplayers.com.au/article/grigg-turns-spuds-into-business-success/

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #922 on: July 13, 2015, 05:51:42 AM »
Apparently the business partner came up with the name while watching Grigg land a couple of helicopter punts inside 50....
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #923 on: July 13, 2015, 06:15:09 AM »
 :lol

Absolutely the reason why his game has improved. I can't think of no other reason
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #924 on: July 14, 2015, 09:30:27 PM »
Shaun Grigg on ABC radio ...

AUDIO: http://audioboom.com/boos/3368261-shaun-grigg-on-abc-in-the-rooms-post-rd-15

* Probably when I first came over to Richmond we had some big bulls in the midfield like Shane Tuck and Daniel Jackson.  So with those boys retiring, there were a couple of spots up for grabs. I want to play through the midfield a bit and sort of just play everywhere rather than just be plonked out on a wing. So, I’m enjoying my footy at the moment.

* I was challenged that if I wanted to play that role then I had to get my balance right between contested and uncontested possessions.  So I worked pretty closely with Brendon Lade, the midfield coach. Mark ‘Choco’ Williams as well really drove me just to those high standards that I want to play to. At stages, I still play on the wing or half-forward, to give the boys a bit of a chop-out.  But it’s good to have a bit better balance.

Full article: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2015-07-14/grigg-grabs-midfield-chance

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #925 on: July 31, 2015, 07:42:21 PM »
According to Champion Data, Grigg's output this year has improved by 37%. His AFL ranking has gone from 597 up to 210.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-31/the-inquirer-drop-offs-and-turnarounds

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #926 on: July 31, 2015, 09:11:41 PM »
597 ...

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #927 on: July 31, 2015, 10:39:38 PM »
He's definitely improved.

He's not the same player he was.
He chases, he goes in and he wins just as much contested ball as uncontested & he tackles which is all the things he never used to do. I don't hate him any longer.  :clapping
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #928 on: July 31, 2015, 11:48:49 PM »

He chases, he goes in and he wins just as much contested ball as uncontested & he tackles which is all the things he never used to do. I don't hate him any longer.  :clapping

He has been great this year, I'd love to see him use his right foot come next year
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #929 on: August 01, 2015, 12:50:18 AM »