Author Topic: Sydney Stack [merged]  (Read 202466 times)

Broadsword

Re: Sydney Stack [merged]
« Reply #1005 on: August 03, 2022, 01:07:56 AM »
If he makes it he's a gun.

Very impressed with the club with how it is handling contracts such as Stack and Dan Rioli--giving them KPIs or similar and giving short deals until they prove themselves. No knee-jerk longer deals to ward off rival suitors. I like it.

Online georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1006 on: August 03, 2022, 02:25:57 AM »
I just hope the penny drops and he rocks up to preseason on hood shape because if he puts it altogether is A grade talent.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1007 on: August 21, 2022, 08:28:18 PM »
Sydney Stack mark 3rd term @RichmondVFL

@Richmond_FC  v Frankston #Punt road

https://twitter.com/WLudbey/status/1560917417916010497

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1008 on: September 14, 2022, 06:50:40 PM »
A "wait and see" regarding Stack and if he stays on or goes - Callum Twomey on the AFL website.

https://www.afl.com.au/video/842743/the-price-of-lobb-and-rioli-how-will-dunkley-domino-fall-

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1009 on: September 27, 2022, 05:42:38 AM »
This was posted on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/TheRichmondJourney/posts/pfbid02RxVU6eiRKvpsDUg7p1tz2ETKTLLFvDmUBNF7NPfQk1sgbR2RysSuHa5gvpinbfZfl?comment_id=488610316212058

Quote from: Daniel Cards
Kevin Stack your comments arent exactly doing anything positive for sydneys case mate! There is a lot to be said about family members talking on behalf of a player and i encourage you to stop before you start to impact his other prospects.
Lots of us tigers supporters are in sydneys corner but not if we see hi dad calling ithers nerds and running his mouth against the club who gave sydney a second chance

Broadsword

« Reply #1010 on: September 27, 2022, 06:46:53 AM »
I was wondering where he got his advice from. Now I know why it's rubbish.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #1011 on: September 27, 2022, 09:11:36 AM »
That would probably be the end of anyone else taking him
He’s been a problem since we picked him up and the club has shown amazing patience because of his undoubted talents
Well done dad  :wallywink

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1012 on: September 27, 2022, 09:36:15 AM »
peeed off at RFC lol

We took a chance on him and he hadn't really made the most of it

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1013 on: September 27, 2022, 10:29:07 AM »
I think what he his Dad fails to realise is that if delisted his son as a rookie becomes a free agent

So he can go anywhere.....and surely it is up to his manager to looking after him in this regard

But what I know I'm just an internet nuffy  ::)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1014 on: September 27, 2022, 11:17:48 AM »
Just a Dad standing up for his son, but going about it in the wrong way.
He probably deserved a game on some of his performances in the 2’s but he had no good Will in the bank and there was a few kids who hadn’t broken the rules ahead of him

Has talent but needs to show resilience, consistency and be a team player to make it
If an opportunity ever comes up again he better grab it with two hands because it will be his last at senior level

Offline Buddysucks

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1015 on: September 27, 2022, 11:24:43 AM »
Nothing wrong g with being a protective dad, but geez, he got paid bloody good money to play VFL and as many have stated, the kids agent should be finding him his next job. Maybe we have kicked tyres on a trade and there is zero interest.

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #1016 on: September 27, 2022, 01:27:38 PM »
Hes not wrong about the Facebook nerd comment. :lol

Good god 97% of Richmond fans on those pages have NFI
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Broadsword

« Reply #1017 on: September 27, 2022, 01:38:22 PM »
Hes not wrong about the Facebook nerd comment. :lol

Good god 97% of Richmond fans on those pages have NFI
I made the mistake of going on BigFooty after the GF. Similar story.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1018 on: September 28, 2022, 02:57:32 PM »
What next for Sydney Stack? Xavier Clarke on the future of young Tigers talent

Jackson Clark
National Indigenous Times
28 September 2022

Richmond assistant coach Xavier Clarke is backing talented youngster Sydney Stack to retain his spot on the Tigers’ list for the 2023 AFL season.

Clarke believes the 22-year-old is one of the most talented players on the Tigers’ list and hopes he can improve his professionalism in the off-season.

“I think we’ll give him another chance at this stage from my understanding,” Clarke told SEN Fridays at the Top End.

“Hopefully if we do, he takes it with both hands and we see the Sydney Stack that we love to see.”

“We all want him to play, he’s one of the most talented players on our list.”

Stack burst onto the AFL scene with a blistering debut 2019 season which saw him finish third in the AFL Rising Star voting behind Sam Walsh and Connor Rozee.

The West Australian excited Tigers supporters with his high marking and hard hitting, which included a hip-and-shoulder which flattened Melbourne midfielder Jack Viney.

His season included a four-goal performance against St Kilda and a 24-disposal effort against North Melbourne.

Stack played 17 games in 2019, but has only added a further 18 in the following three seasons due to injury and ill-discipline.

Clarke said Stack’s needed to improve his professionalism and is hoping the young gun will make good decisions while away from the club.

“We all know ‘Stacky’ is highly talented and he’s still figuring out what it takes to be an elite AFL player, that’s the reality,” he said.

“His challenge is now, this time of the year, what he is doing away from the football club.

“He has improved each year that he has come back and if he does get an opportunity again next year, we want him to come back day one and make a statement.

“The players who have good pre-seasons generally have good seasons – he is trying his hardest and we all want him to play and do well.”

Stack featured in two games for the Tigers in 2022, with one of those games being the unused medical sub.

He gathered five disposals and two tackles in his team’s win over West Coast in round seven.

The utility player had a solid season at VFL level, playing in 15 games for the Tigers across a variety of positions.

https://www.nit.com.au/what-next-for-sydney-stack-xavier-clarke-on-the-future-of-young-tigers-talent/
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 03:14:30 PM by one-eyed »

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1019 on: September 28, 2022, 03:07:00 PM »
Well this is positive