Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 426169 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Reece Conca [merged]
« Reply #120 on: April 11, 2011, 06:05:33 PM »
You dont think he needs to hone his defensive skills then Torch?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #121 on: April 11, 2011, 10:14:47 PM »
This season was seen as another development season. Leave the kid where he is and when he learns enough move him to the half back line. His skill in kicking will be an asset from there and free up Deledio to sit permanently in the midfield. :thumbsup

Tigermonk

« Reply #122 on: April 12, 2011, 01:02:31 AM »
Had a man crush on heppel predraft as
I thought he sounded like he'd slot in well. To see him in a essendon jumper is sickening. I wish him no luck in life. 

Conca looks a jet. Stoked how he looked vs Carlton.

Will win a Brownlow medal Heppel, been trained very well & excellent listener  :thumbsup  ;D

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #123 on: April 12, 2011, 07:13:45 PM »

Yes, in the midfield.

If that is the case, why doesn't Martin and Cotchin play in the backline to hone in their defensive skills?

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: April 12, 2011, 07:43:53 PM »
Personally I think we have a real find on our hands here.
Can't wait until this kid's matured a bit physically and gained more match experience because his skills are out of the box.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: April 12, 2011, 07:58:21 PM »

Yes, in the midfield.

If that is the case, why doesn't Martin and Cotchin play in the backline to hone in their defensive skills?

Martin because he has the body and ability to win the hard ball, something we lack. Perhaps he should have spent a bit more time in defence early on though.

Cotchin...? dont really have an answer to that.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #126 on: April 12, 2011, 08:16:19 PM »
Cant really understand where this thread has gone and why so many are having a go at Conca.

OMG 3 games of AFL and we are eating our own again. Gee we couldn't get enough of this kid after the Blues game and the Saints game...

This thread should be about supporting a kid thats played 3 games....sheesh...unreal. Bag the list cloggers for Gods sake, but give the kid more than 3 games.

White, Edwards, Morton, Connors, Graham, etc...etc.... should all have their threads brought back and they should cop more than the have before Conca cops anything.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #127 on: April 12, 2011, 09:47:34 PM »
Can't wait until this kid's matured a bit physically and gained more match experience because his skills are out of the box.

seriously man not being a smart arse im really not, but i just dont see it in him. Ive been to all games and pre season and i saw nothing that jumps at me from him. Maybe his a late developer who knows.

If we were talking about Helbig i would say yeah i can see where your coming from but in 3 games ive seen nothing except one mark running back with the flight. Kicking seems okay nothing special. He doesnt seem to have the smarts in 3 games, i would expect from a top 6 pick

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #128 on: April 12, 2011, 10:07:57 PM »

seriously man not being a smart behind im really not, but i just dont see it in him. Ive been to all games and pre season and i saw nothing that jumps at me from him. Maybe his a late developer who knows.

If we were talking about Helbig i would say yeah i can see where your coming from but in 3 games ive seen nothing except one mark running back with the flight. Kicking seems okay nothing special. He doesnt seem to have the smarts in 3 games, i would expect from a top 6 pick

doesn't have the smarts?? u must be joking.  he's shown more smarts than any of our draftees

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #129 on: April 12, 2011, 10:12:32 PM »

seriously man not being a smart behind im really not, but i just dont see it in him. Ive been to all games and pre season and i saw nothing that jumps at me from him. Maybe his a late developer who knows.

Are you serious??

Seems you are. Oh well we'll see in time..
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 10:30:51 PM by Mr Magic »

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #130 on: April 12, 2011, 11:04:39 PM »

lol......this is one post I know will come back to bite you on the arse ;D ;D

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2011, 09:10:55 AM »

lol......this is one post I know will come back to bite you on the behind ;D ;D

its an opinion and i hope im wrong, more likely i am wrong that right.

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2011, 09:23:30 AM »
Conca's been given a couple of hard lessons and been beaten soundly there is no denying, but the thing I have been pleased with is his ability to think his way out of a tight situation and not panic when under pressure.  The step up to ALF level is huge and he's been played on some very smart footballers. Experience will teach him how to play on a player like Milne.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2011, 10:20:41 AM »
Conca's been given a couple of hard lessons and been beaten soundly there is no denying, but the thing I have been pleased with is his ability to think his way out of a tight situation and not panic when under pressure.  The step up to ALF level is huge and he's been played on some very smart footballers. Experience will teach him how to play on a player like Milne.

im a believer in you should play in a position which your best suited at. I dont see Heppell or Gary Rohan playing off a HFF or BP

I didnt see Jarrod Blair start off in a back pocket against Milne.

Conca is a midfielder is he not well thats where he should be placed. Im sick to death of players being played in different positions.

He can learn to tackle being in the midfielder i.e Martin last year. Tell me why wasnt Martin placed in a Back Pocket last year to hone his defensive skills?

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2011, 11:32:36 AM »
Martin's defensive skills arent great. Maybe Hardwick has realized that he should have spent some time down back.
It may not have seemed like it on the weekend, but we dont need Conca in the middle right now as much as we needed Dusty in their last year. Or Cotch for that matter.