Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 426162 times)

gerkin greg

Re: Reece Conca [merged]
« Reply #135 on: April 13, 2011, 01:23:52 PM »
Rohan has had a year in the system and is a half forward flanker. He also played games down back last year.  ???

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #136 on: April 13, 2011, 04:16:16 PM »
Rohan has had a year in the system and is a half forward flanker. He also played games down back last year.  ???
Was going to say the same thing.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #137 on: April 13, 2011, 04:35:43 PM »
Was going to say the same thing.

yeah im sure you were.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2011, 08:39:59 PM »
I agree that Conca hasn't shown much yet but he has only played three games and been given big defensive responsibilities very early. I keep going back to highlights package I saw of the kid and the talk of his tremendous leadership skills. I think, much like most early draft picks, his natural game is based on skill and attack not on defense. In fact if young players are too defensive then they do not stand out and are not picked up so young players are rarely rewarded for this aspect of their game.

I think Conca would shine more if he was placed on the wing or as a rotating midfielder but Dimma is looking long term for his development not immediate. He is fufilling an important role for the team also something you would rarely give to a new recruit.

I think the backline will not be in his long term future. He was recuited as a midfielder not a backman like Batchelor. What he is gaining is a wonderful education extremely early which recruits rarely if ever have the luxury of gaining. His stint in the backline forces him to mold his defensive side of his game where, if he was moved directly into the midfield, he may have gone into automatic pilot and played his normal attacking game regardless of the coaches directions. 

Big ask of a young fellow but probably a big reason he doesn't seem to have 'shined' to date.

Just my opinion of course.... ;D

gerkin greg

« Reply #139 on: April 13, 2011, 08:57:59 PM »
big ask to ask tigers supporters to look long term stripes
after 30 years most can't look past the next beer

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #140 on: April 13, 2011, 09:05:54 PM »
big ask to ask tigers supporters to look long term stripes
after 30 years most can't look past the next beer

Whose shout? Yours you bastard

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #141 on: April 13, 2011, 09:08:06 PM »
I agree that Conca hasn't shown much yet but he has only played three games and been given big defensive responsibilities very early. I keep going back to highlights package I saw of the kid and the talk of his tremendous leadership skills. I think, much like most early draft picks, his natural game is based on skill and attack not on defense. In fact if young players are too defensive then they do not stand out and are not picked up so young players are rarely rewarded for this aspect of their game.

I think Conca would shine more if he was placed on the wing or as a rotating midfielder but Dimma is looking long term for his development not immediate. He is fufilling an important role for the team also something you would rarely give to a new recruit.

I think the backline will not be in his long term future. He was recuited as a midfielder not a backman like Batchelor. What he is gaining is a wonderful education extremely early which recruits rarely if ever have the luxury of gaining. His stint in the backline forces him to mold his defensive side of his game where, if he was moved directly into the midfield, he may have gone into automatic pilot and played his normal attacking game regardless of the coaches directions.  

Big ask of a young fellow but probably a big reason he doesn't seem to have 'shined' to date.

Just my opinion of course.... ;D

Good post Stripes.
Personally I see a heap of ability there.
Admittedly I have been focusing on his positives but I really see a raw kid with extremely slick moves and genuine dual sided ability who's finding his way at the elite level in a young team by facing a baptism of fire.

As has been said countless times juniors don't always burst onto the scene like a Chris Judd or Dustin Martin. They are the exception, not the rule.

BUT so confident am I of Reece's success, I am willing to bet that he will be considered a bonafide gun by 2014.

gerkin greg

« Reply #142 on: April 13, 2011, 09:09:33 PM »

your shout wogballs, you dogged yours when you didn't turn up round 1

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #143 on: April 13, 2011, 09:11:50 PM »

your shout wogballs, you dogged yours when you didn't turn up round 1

Listen up vanilla face, as I explained at the time, i was skeet shooting...  >:(

gerkin greg

« Reply #144 on: April 13, 2011, 09:16:22 PM »
 ;D

skeet skeet skat cat

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #145 on: April 15, 2011, 10:16:59 PM »
Now just before the end of the Pies game and he has 22 possessions. Have they been valuable possessions, how has he played??

Do a few people on this thread have to pre-heat the oven to cook their humble pie or has his possessions been easy ones.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #146 on: April 15, 2011, 10:18:28 PM »
Hes been very serviceable

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #147 on: April 15, 2011, 10:32:22 PM »
Hes been very serviceable

Now for you to say that actually means he was outstanding...hahaha
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

10 FLAGS

« Reply #148 on: April 15, 2011, 11:08:13 PM »
showing good signs same with Batchelor and afew other youngsters.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #149 on: April 15, 2011, 11:34:23 PM »
both conca and batchelor showed terrific signs tonight...conca is growing in confidence, sheesh once he adds some muscle to that frame look out, and batch is a real carbon copy of joel bowden, he should go for his marks more though he has good hands, plenty of time with the pill and a deadly kick
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled