Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 426169 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Reece Conca [merged]
« Reply #435 on: June 03, 2012, 07:34:55 AM »
He can come across as a bit clumsy and undisciplined at times as shown by that free paid against him off the ball in the last quarter when we had the ball. At the same time he has grunt and I don't want to see the kid take a backward step. I love the way he plays and even though we won I still think the umpire was a class A+++  Richard Head for paying the free.

That free was absolute crap as both players were holding and wrestling but I was filthy with Conca for being involved in it in the first place, given the field position and state of the game - smacked of Jacksonesque stupidity.  Part of his learning curve and I would suggest he gets that learning reinforced by Dimma in no uncertain terms in the coming days!

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #436 on: June 03, 2012, 08:35:33 AM »
yeah, agree with that smokey, except that reece flung the opponent away, which is what drew the umpires attention.
Reece seems to have an appetite for the physical contest which can only be applauded. Unforntunatly the more time you spent near the line, the more chance you have of crossing it. I'm reasonably confident that reece has the smarts to learn from when he gets it wrong, though
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #437 on: June 03, 2012, 08:43:49 AM »
He can come across as a bit clumsy and undisciplined at times as shown by that free paid against him off the ball in the last quarter when we had the ball. At the same time he has grunt and I don't want to see the kid take a backward step. I love the way he plays and even though we won I still think the umpire was a class A+++  Richard Head for paying the free.

That free was absolute crap as both players were holding and wrestling but I was filthy with Conca for being involved in it in the first place, given the field position and state of the game - smacked of Jacksonesque stupidity.  Part of his learning curve and I would suggest he gets that learning reinforced by Dimma in no uncertain terms in the coming days!

A few weeks ago we had two frees paid against us for holding after the player had hadballed.  West Coast game I think.  This was identical but the ump didn't see Saad block and hold Reece.  Poor umpiring.  Maybe Conca shouldn't have overdone it and give away a  free but a good umpire would have spotted Saad's hold (it was about 5 meters past the man on the mark) and a different story.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #438 on: June 03, 2012, 03:04:03 PM »
One thing that stood out last night about Reece is he rarely fumbles even in a high pressured high stakes game like Friday night and his ball use would be up with the best at Richmond.

as he matures he will be even more composed.
no concerns with this kid. :thumbsup

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #439 on: June 03, 2012, 04:36:06 PM »
One thing that stood out last night about Reece is he rarely fumbles even in a high pressured high stakes game like Friday night and his ball use would be up with the best at Richmond.

as he matures he will be even more composed.
no concerns with this kid. :thumbsup

Yep will be a 200 game player for us. :thumbsup

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #440 on: June 03, 2012, 06:13:11 PM »

stupid umpire shouldve pinged saad for holding the man. All conca was trying to do was get his arms free from saads grasp.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #441 on: June 04, 2012, 09:17:52 AM »
knocks up getting the football

Is starting to use his express pace and elite kicking ability.

Will be a cornerstone of our midfield for the next decade.

Is tracking ahead of the curve, and has great leadership potential.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #442 on: June 04, 2012, 01:52:11 PM »
THat umpiring decision was stuffing ridiculous, how could he pluck a St.Kilda one from that when we were the ones with the ball, it would obviously be Saad trying to interfere with Conca to cruel his run on stuffing muppet.  Obviously you have to stand there and be molested like a pedo's play thing lest you give away the kick, if you play for Richmond...
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #443 on: July 08, 2012, 04:27:53 AM »
Going by yesterday it looks like Conca has been given Foley's rover role in the midfield while Axel is out. 23 possies, 8 clearances, 6 tackles and 4 inside 50s.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline jordie2tivendale

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #444 on: July 08, 2012, 06:10:44 AM »
Yeah loads of man love  for the kid , still boggles me why he was omitted from the Crows clash the week before...

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #445 on: July 08, 2012, 03:04:02 PM »
He did a lot of good inside work in the first half, but he dropped off a bit in the second. He will be an important player for us in a few years as his body matures.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline tigtuff12

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #446 on: July 08, 2012, 05:38:21 PM »
He did a lot of good inside work in the first half, but he dropped off a bit in the second. He will be an important player for us in a few years as his body matures.

^ agree mate - first half was hopefully an example of what we can expect to see for years to come...shows plenty, composed and hard at it - given another preseason or two plus the development of his own game and those around him & I think we got ourselves a ripper
...the fighting fury...

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #447 on: July 08, 2012, 08:45:04 PM »
dont worry about RC. :thumbsup

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #448 on: July 08, 2012, 08:52:45 PM »
Reece Conca will continue to be a very important player in our midfield cog for us.

Love the way this kid goes about it. :thumbsup

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #449 on: July 09, 2012, 02:36:15 AM »
Yeah loads of man love  for the kid , still boggles me why he was omitted from the Crows clash the week before...

Ditto.

Batch too. Very odd