Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 426157 times)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Reece Conca [merged]
« Reply #630 on: April 30, 2013, 09:56:35 PM »
Conca confident about return
By richmondfc.com.au
3:51pm AEST Tuesday, April 30, 2013

“It sort of came out of nowhere,” Reece said.

“I just went out to kick a set shot before training on Tuesday, didn’t really feel quite right, so came in, saw the medical staff, and got a precautionary scan.  It showed a bit of a hot spot in the fourth metatarsal.

“It’s a similar injury to what I had last year, but we’ve got it really early, which is great.

Read more and the full article here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-04-30/conca-confident-about-return

That's the best news. Will wear a moon boot for a bit and then jump into Foley's crusty harness on the AlterG.

exactly.....stuff the footy show for making up the rumour that it was a fracture of the navicular....

The problem is you're comparing the footy shows vs the RFC's word against each other and when it comes to injuries its a dead heat

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #631 on: April 30, 2013, 10:13:56 PM »
Conca confident about return
By richmondfc.com.au
3:51pm AEST Tuesday, April 30, 2013

“It sort of came out of nowhere,” Reece said.

“I just went out to kick a set shot before training on Tuesday, didn’t really feel quite right, so came in, saw the medical staff, and got a precautionary scan.  It showed a bit of a hot spot in the fourth metatarsal.

“It’s a similar injury to what I had last year, but we’ve got it really early, which is great.

Read more and the full article here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-04-30/conca-confident-about-return

That's the best news. Will wear a moon boot for a bit and then jump into Foley's crusty harness on the AlterG.

exactly.....stuff the footy show for making up the rumour that it was a fracture of the navicular....

The problem is you're comparing the footy shows vs the RFC's word against each other and when it comes to injuries its a dead heat
:whistle :clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

gerkin greg

« Reply #632 on: May 01, 2013, 09:25:58 AM »
The club should keep as much injury info in-house as much as possible

Don't know why people expect complete transparency

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #633 on: May 01, 2013, 10:16:35 AM »

I sort of agree, but keep it one way or the other. I'd prefer to not know anything than to be fed lies

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #634 on: May 01, 2013, 01:51:25 PM »
I have a feeling it may take longer than
anticipated.

gerkin greg

« Reply #635 on: May 01, 2013, 01:52:26 PM »

I sort of agree, but keep it one way or the other. I'd prefer to not know anything than to be fed lies

They are required to make some sort of list available by the AFL. Just about every club fibs about their injuries. Hardly an issue IMO, unless you barrack for the Tiges, then everything from the grass patterns on PRO, Dean Polo's haircut, what colour highlighter Dimma has on his desk, to who we should have drafted at pick 169 in 2003 is an issue.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #636 on: May 01, 2013, 02:04:05 PM »

They are required to make some sort of list available by the AFL. Just about every club fibs about their injuries. Hardly an issue IMO, unless you barrack for the Tiges, then everything from the grass patterns on PRO, Dean Polo's haircut, what colour highlighter Dimma has on his desk, to who we should have drafted at pick 169 in 2003 is an issue.

Dean who?

:lol

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #637 on: May 01, 2013, 02:06:20 PM »

I just don't see why they can't say it?

gerkin greg

« Reply #638 on: May 01, 2013, 02:42:45 PM »

Can't say what?

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #639 on: May 01, 2013, 02:54:33 PM »

Can't say what?
:lol

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #640 on: May 01, 2013, 03:36:34 PM »
Don't know if I missed the joke but I can't see why they don't say the truth

gerkin greg

« Reply #641 on: May 01, 2013, 03:45:32 PM »

I missed the joke too.

Let's say for arguments sake that Cotch will miss this week with injury (touch massive wood) and the club are aware straight after the Freo game that he'll miss. Do you come out on mon/tues and list him injured so the fans know the score or do you let your opponent spend the week planning for him as usual? Why give your opponent any edge/inside info whatsoever, no matter how small?

Or are you going on about the club listing injuries as 6-8 weeks instead of 6 or 8 or 7? I think that is just because injuries are variable in so many ways, definitive time frames are hard to get accurate.

Seriously, WGAF

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #642 on: May 02, 2013, 03:09:10 PM »
I thought gerks was taking the pee with that question.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #643 on: May 02, 2013, 03:49:37 PM »

I missed the joke too.

Let's say for arguments sake that Cotch will miss this week with injury (touch massive wood) and the club are aware straight after the Freo game that he'll miss. Do you come out on mon/tues and list him injured so the fans know the score or do you let your opponent spend the week planning for him as usual? Why give your opponent any edge/inside info whatsoever, no matter how small?

Or are you going on about the club listing injuries as 6-8 weeks instead of 6 or 8 or 7? I think that is just because injuries are variable in so many ways, definitive time frames are hard to get accurate.

Seriously, WGAF

Its more the longer term injuries. Chaplin is out with concussion oh wait no its calf. Foley has a bruised heel, oh no wait he ruptured his achilles. Vickery fell off a bike no wait his getting both shoulders reconstructed. I guess it's a petty thing I just don't like being lied to  :thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #644 on: May 30, 2013, 09:07:07 PM »
A bit of a surprise but Reece is being brought back via Coburg this week.