Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 426177 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: West Coast chasing Conca
« Reply #720 on: July 05, 2013, 09:36:30 PM »
I get the feeling Conca will stay as will the other lads.
Dan Richardson has spoken to the boys in relation to the Geelong model and staying with on field success or being greedy to chase big bucks at minnow or fledgling clubs.
Don't get me wrong I don't want him to leave but money might not be his only reason to concider going home. The two together might make it a little bit harder than just if it was a money decision.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #721 on: July 05, 2013, 09:45:04 PM »
Dan Richardson has spoken to the boys in relation to the Geelong model and staying with on field success or being greedy to chase big bucks at minnow or fledgling clubs.
Don't get me wrong I don't want him to leave but money might not be his only reason to concider going home. The two together might make it a little bit harder than just if it was a money decision.

Possibly I just look at Harry Taylor and think that's quality. He's payed in two flags and can easily go back home and live like a king but he chose to stay.

Conca whilst no Harry Taylor is only just finding his feet and I feel there is a real determination and belief in the group to reap what has been sown in the last few years. Further to that I feel he will be an unfulfilled talent if he heads home as he will become complacent as here he will excel due to the knowledge he worked for his success.

I feel he'll stay. :thumbsup

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #722 on: July 05, 2013, 09:48:21 PM »
I hope we don't pay overs for Conca just because of the WCE offer. That's how we have got into trouble before. Let's face it, Reece has been OK since he was drafted but OK is about as far as I would go.. IMO will never be elite. A good honest footballer that will give his all. Just ask yourself, would we be noticeably worse without him if he decided that home is where he wanted to be??

If Conca left, Tuck retired and Foley got injured again then we'd be up the poo. We've got Vlastuin now and Arnot might be something, but it's slim after that. I don't want to lose Conca or anyone, the team has only just started to click and we need everyone and can hopefully add to it. Unless we could pilfer Shuey or one of their foot soldiers like Gaff or Masten with their first rounder, or go find way to get Adams off GWS, losing Conca could be a bit of a blow.

I don't think we'll lose him, but I reckon the option of more coin and playing back in his home town would certainly be tempting.

:pray
Fair points dwaino.
But I think you are dreaming if you think we would get Gaff or Masten and their first round pick. Talk about over inflating our players worth! Gaff or Masten would be a fair swap IMO. Both teams would be happy enough with that sort of trade.
Also think you are selling short our midfield a bit.

Yeah I know that would be dreaming  :laugh: but just saying unless we could get that sort of return then we'd have a hole in the middle. Not sure it's selling the midfield short though. Just using the same hypothetical, Conca gone, Tuck retired, and Foley with that heel/ankle again, who do we have? Vlastuin, Arnot, Helbig, and Lonergan if you want to include a current rookie listed player. We got through injuries this year and won games due to midfield depth, and if Conca and Tuck weren't around then we're already starting two quality first choice midfielders behind. Of course only using the Tuck example because he's been talked out of retirement a couple times now.

We can't afford to wind back at the moment, we really have to add or do like for likes at the worst if we're going to challenge anything.
Tuck hasn't played for a while now and we seem to have covered him pretty well.  And Foley seems to be recovering pretty well. Pretty sure if Conca left we would almost definitely get a mid in return and as you said with Arnot, Lonergan, Helbig and Dea (Dea not a mid but him in the side frees up other players to run through there) screaming for an opportunity to play in the midfield. And even the possibility of picking a few more in the up coming draft I think our midfield stocks could handle the departure of Conca.
Anyway it's probably only a crock of shyt. :thumbsup

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #723 on: July 05, 2013, 11:02:13 PM »

Possibly I just look at Harry Taylor and think that's quality. He's payed in two flags and can easily go back home and live like a king but he chose to stay.

Conca whilst no Harry Taylor is only just finding his feet and I feel there is a real determination and belief in the group to reap what has been sown in the last few years. Further to that I feel he will be an unfulfilled talent if he heads home as he will become complacent as here he will excel due to the knowledge he worked for his success.

I feel he'll stay. :thumbsup

Well said, T-bag.  :thumbsup

the claw

« Reply #724 on: July 06, 2013, 12:17:28 AM »
talking of wce the word in the west is woosha is gone they are chasing clarkson pretty hard.

also the word is the coach has done a wayne carey and the missus has gven an ultimatum.

also the word is shuey has actually done his shoulder and wont play again this yr.
finally word is  darren glass will dfinately retire which means if mitch brown goes home they will be desperate for a kpd.

all from  i must say  what has been a good reliable source in the past.

the claw

« Reply #725 on: July 06, 2013, 12:27:51 AM »
Conca for EMac get it done tigs :clapping
dont want to be a kill joy but mackenzie is not going to leave his home town.an out of contract player wanting to go home would suggest we are in no position to demand.
a win win trade would have to our best bet.

will say it again wce have some very promiising talls that we sure could do with.
if conca wants to go home a common sense ask would be lycett a very promising 20 21 yr old ruckman plus  maybe a reasonable pick 2nd 3rd round as well..which we could use on a mid. after all wce can afford to offload a young ruckman when they have cox naitanui and sinclair on their list as well.atm the one area we have a little depth in is midfield. it wpould probably be a good scenario for both sides.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #726 on: July 06, 2013, 01:23:50 AM »
dont want to be a kill joy but mackenzie is not going to leave his home town.an out of contract player wanting to go home would suggest we are in no position to demand.

will say it again wce have some very promiising talls that we sure could do with.
if conca wants to go home a common sense ask would be lycett a very promising 20 21 yr old ruckman plus  maybe a reasonable pick 2nd 3rd round as well..which we could use on a mid. after all wce can afford to offload a young ruckman when they have cox naitanui and sinclair on their list as well.atm the one area we have a little depth in is midfield. it wpould probably be a good scenario for both sides.

Lycett was dropped earlier in the year in favour of Sinclair.  I'd be spewing if we traded Conca for him.

the claw

« Reply #727 on: July 06, 2013, 08:40:15 PM »

Lycett was dropped earlier in the year in favour of Sinclair.  I'd be spewing if we traded Conca for him.

mate hes still an undersized 20 yr old who has done well to even get a game i dunno what sort of expectations you have on baby ruckmen but hes doing nicely against men in the wafl.
hes an infinately better prospect than sinclair more agile bigger frame better skills and hes 3 yrs sinclairs junior.

we need a ruckman and we need to be ready for when ivan goes and we need onewho can perform the role when ivan is sore or injured. if we took him at the end of this yr hed be in yr 4 and ready to play afl at a reasonable level.

anyway lets see if we lose conca to the eagles what do we need most that they have or are going to lose.  we sure could do with another kpd what about mitch brown and a draft pick.

imo atm most people over rate conca and what hes worth as it is.

for me  a real promising tall/ruckman  whos had 3 yrs of development put into him plus a decent pick is more than fair compensation but hey thats just my opinion.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Reece Conca [merged]
« Reply #728 on: August 10, 2013, 08:03:56 PM »
Richmond needs Conca's signature

New football manager Dan Richardson has done an outstanding job in securing the Tigers' key players this season, but he has much work left to do ahead of finals. While Dustin Martin is the big name out of contract, Reece Conca highlighted how important he is to the club's future on Saturday. Yet to sign on beyond 2013, the young West Australian has high currency both in WA and Victoria. He kicked three goals in the first half and finished with 21 possessions. Now could be a good time for a deal to be finalised.     

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-08-10/talking-points-tigers-v-lions

TigerTimeII

« Reply #729 on: August 10, 2013, 08:16:35 PM »
more important than martin
smarter and has more strings to his bow

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #730 on: August 10, 2013, 08:18:49 PM »
Our leading player til half time.

Led the tackles, 10 posessions and hit the scoreboard for 3.0 goals

Wasnt to shabby in the second half too. One of a few who kept trying
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #731 on: August 11, 2013, 01:44:16 AM »
Love this kid in our side need to sign him up ASAP.

Rampstar

« Reply #732 on: August 11, 2013, 10:23:36 AM »
Love this kid in our side need to sign him up ASAP.

we cant afford to lose conca. rather delist an extra player down the list than lose conca coz of salary cap issues.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #733 on: August 11, 2013, 10:25:01 AM »

Not as crazy as it sounds.

Conca compliments the team perfectly. His tools are great foil for Lids, Chimp etc.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #734 on: August 11, 2013, 10:26:10 AM »

Cant agree with that, very good and important but Martin is a match winner, kicks the goals when we need them and kicks the un kickable ones. Just as hard at it as Conca but with more skill.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"