Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 426158 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Reece Conca [merged]
« Reply #855 on: September 09, 2013, 03:29:26 PM »
Devastated Conca says Tigers can build on loss to Blues
By Matt Thompson and Nathan Schmook
afl.com.au
11:22am AEST Monday, September 9, 2013

INJURED Richmond midfielder Reece Conca says the Tigers are devastated, but the shock loss to Carlton will only benefit the club in the long run.

The Tigers coughed up a 32-point lead against the Blues to go down by 20 points in front of a record elimination final crowd of 94,690.

Conca was subbed out of the game after injuring his hamstring early in the first quarter, robbing the Tigers of crucial late run.

He headed for scans on Monday morning still not clear on the damage, but the young midfielder insisted the loss would only motivate the players for 2014.

"It's not great - obviously we went in with pretty high expectations but you know Carlton were just the better team on the day," he said.

"It was pretty devastating but we had a really good year, we'll build off that and just look forward to next year."

Tigers coach Damien Hardwick tried to put on a brave face after the disappointing loss, but admitted it was a painful premature end to a season that promised so much.

He acknowledged it was hard to be positive about the future when his overriding emotion so soon after the game was "pure disappointment".

"It's probably a hard question to ask a coach after an elimination final loss whether there's a bright future, but there is. We know there is," Hardwick said on Sunday evening.

Conca is out of contract and in demand after a superb second half of the season.

The 21-year-old fought back from a serious foot injury to play the last 13 games, cementing himself as a key member of the Tigers' deep midfield.

The West Australian has high currency with West Coast and Fremantle, with the Eagles reportedly already putting an offer to him.

Conca's negotiations with Richmond dragged this season, with a number of high profile Tigers working to re-sign with the club.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-09/well-keep-building-conca

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Conca happy to sign two-year Tiger deal but finances remain an issue (Age)
« Reply #856 on: September 10, 2013, 02:09:12 AM »
Meanwhile, Conca wants to remain at Punt Road and is happy to sign a two-year deal, as was made clear to the Tigers months ago. But finances remain an issue.

It is understood Conca is after about $350,000 a season, believed to be a modest rise on the final year of his initial three-year deal.

West Coast and Fremantle have expressed interest in Conca, taken with the sixth overall pick in the 2010 national draft, and he has begun to consider a return home. Industry sources believe Conca would secure a healthier pay day should he emerge on the open market.

Conca's season ended in a shattering manner when he tore his hamstring early in the elimination-final loss. He went for scans on Monday morning. ''It's not great. Obviously, we went in with pretty high expectations,'' Conca said.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tigers-contract-fight-20130909-2tg3x.html#ixzz2ePcpxDm6

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #857 on: September 10, 2013, 02:11:36 AM »
stuff him off.
Soft prick.
Caracella and Balmey.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #858 on: September 10, 2013, 07:04:10 AM »
stuff him off.
Soft prick.

Yep
Very replaceable

Trade for an inside
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #859 on: September 10, 2013, 09:00:59 AM »
Trade for Eagles 1st pick keep that and trade pick 11 to GWS for Adams who is basically the same player

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #860 on: September 10, 2013, 11:24:19 AM »
350 is a reasonable price

Rampstar

« Reply #861 on: September 10, 2013, 11:27:22 AM »

I agree. 350k is spot on for Conca IMHO. If the club cant pay him that then they have stuffed up the payscale at Richmond.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #862 on: September 10, 2013, 11:33:43 AM »

I agree. 350k is spot on for Conca IMHO. If the club cant pay him that then they have stuffed up the payscale at Richmond.

Waiting for Martin?

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #863 on: September 10, 2013, 12:28:34 PM »

:clapping

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #864 on: September 10, 2013, 02:08:24 PM »
I know there's been mention of Conca tearing his hammy, but is there any info on the extent of the tear, how long he'll be out etc.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #865 on: September 10, 2013, 02:17:57 PM »
I know there's been mention of Conca tearing his hammy, but is there any info on the extent of the tear, how long he'll be out etc.

He won't play again this year
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #866 on: September 10, 2013, 02:33:37 PM »
I'd happily pay this bloke $350k. More so than I'd pay Dusty $600k

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #867 on: September 10, 2013, 02:40:07 PM »

:lol :lol

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #868 on: September 10, 2013, 04:20:47 PM »

:lol I mean will he have full half maybe even no pre season?

tony_montana

« Reply #869 on: September 10, 2013, 05:39:34 PM »

surely we aren't at the edge of the cap? surely its too keep room for free agents?