Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 426137 times)

dwaino

Re: Reece Conca [merged]
« Reply #1080 on: December 12, 2013, 08:54:13 PM »
If Heppell was a Tiger he would just be another skinny back flanker and we should have gone a genuine mid like Conca.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1081 on: December 12, 2013, 09:49:53 PM »
Who cares Conca v Heppell. Not taking Parker over Batch was the mistake. Darling is better than Heppell. He'd be the one id want with time again.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1082 on: December 12, 2013, 10:57:05 PM »
IMO, the biggest drafting mistake of the Hardwick era so far is taking Griffiths over Carlisle.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

the claw

« Reply #1083 on: December 13, 2013, 12:47:28 AM »
seeing as you are heppels biggest fan why dont you provide us with some facts?

hard ball gets
1%ers
clearances
inside 50s
goals
2nd efforts
squib ratio

etc.

sorry i forgot brownlow votes
you would not ask that question defending conca if you took the time to look at the stats for yourself.

conca v heppell
10.4 kicks 12 .6
7.3 hb 9.7
3.8 marks 5.3
0.3 goals 0.2
2.8 tackles 3.1
6.1 contested pos 7.7
11.1 uncontested pos 14.8
1.0 1% 1.8
2.3 inside 50 3.2
2.3 clearances 2.5

thats just some of  the basic stats and heppell wins in most of em.

just to finish games played
conca v heppell
17 2011 23
18 2012 20
17 2013 19
i find it a bit rich to suggest lack of games or significantly more games to heppell is an excuse as to why conca has not performed as well. apart from the first yr there is little difference between them and even in yr one conca played 17 games.
its funny all some of us are saying is heppell has been the better performer to date and there are people slashing their wrists. most awards most stats and basic traits all say heppell has performed better yet you would think the boots were being put in to conca.
why cant people just be honest with themselves. why do they feel the need to defend every single thing richmond.
its funny im accused of being bitter but blokes who cant even be honest when theres overwhelming evidence says to me there is a real inferiority complex going on.

all you insecure buggers you  know what. its okay we didnt get the better player just as long as we got a good one at pick 6.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1084 on: December 13, 2013, 02:00:40 AM »

all you insecure buggers you  know what. its okay we didnt get the better player just as long as we got a good one at pick 6.
Agree. I reckon Reece is 6th best of the 18yo's in this draft. Are the 5 guys I rate better all guys who went above him? No. I'd say he's better than Day, Gaff and Polec. But not as good as Heppell, Darling and Prestia.

In regards to Reece's injuries, it's more the pre-season's that he has missed than actual games. For example 2011 he had barely any pre-season then played 17 games. Not many games missed but the lack of pre-season will affect the quality of them. Hasn't had a full pre-season yet or even close to it and he isn't getting one again this year. Maybe he will never get one and he will just stay around this level which is fine or maybe he can get fit and go up another notch.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1085 on: December 13, 2013, 02:02:53 AM »
IMO, the biggest drafting mistake of the Hardwick era so far is taking Griffiths over Carlisle.
That one at least made sense. Both were highly rated and injury prone, we got unlucky that our one stayed that way and the other got fit.

Batch over Parker was awful. Parker won the B&F over Scully as a 17yo and was talked up as a top 10 pick. Batch was a nobody who from memory didn't even play Champs. Weren't they even in the same team now that I think about it? Meaning if we watched that much Batchelor we surely saw Parker.  :lol

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1086 on: December 13, 2013, 02:22:43 AM »
did batch no win the b+f in the tac gf winning side

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1087 on: December 13, 2013, 08:52:10 AM »
i find it a bit rich to suggest lack of games or significantly more games to heppell is an excuse as to why conca has not performed as well.

But you're wrong again coz Conca has performed well !

why cant people just be honest with themselves

Seriously dude , that comment is so patronising it's laughable

its funny im accused of being bitter but blokes who cant even be honest when theres overwhelming evidence says to me there is a real inferiority complex going on.

There you go again with delusions about people not being honest. Overwhelming evidence ? lmao !! I know who has the inferiority complex.

lol , nice angle but that's a patronising fail too. I'm totally secure , and being totally honest....we got the better player.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Rampstar

« Reply #1088 on: December 13, 2013, 08:57:04 AM »
Its pretty clear Heppells a better player IMHO. He gets more of the footy and he is a better user of the footy too.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1089 on: December 13, 2013, 09:02:52 AM »
its okay we didnt get the better player just as long as we got a good one at pick 6.
Ill probably be accused of taking it out of context, but this is the bottom line.
getting a lesser player doesn't really hurt you down the track, getting a bust does.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1090 on: December 13, 2013, 02:56:47 PM »
Its pretty clear Heppells a better player IMHO. He gets more of the footy and he is a better user of the footy too.

Wrong.  Heppell does several things better than Conca, but he is not a better user of the footy.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #1091 on: December 13, 2013, 05:03:31 PM »

Wrong.  Heppell does several things better than Conca, but he is not a better user of the footy.

Whilst he doesn't really pull off the freakish passes by foot that Conca can on the odd occasion, I'd say Heppell is a far more reliable, smarter and consistently cleaner user of the ball than Conca is.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #1092 on: December 13, 2013, 05:10:17 PM »
Agree that Hep uses it better than Concs. 
Heppel is better outside while Concs is better inside, I reckon.

Gigantor

« Reply #1093 on: December 13, 2013, 06:05:03 PM »
AS I have previously stated at this point in time I rate heppell above Reece ,but not by much.Reece has the "grunt " factor something invaluable to a team.I don't think heppell has this

the claw

« Reply #1094 on: December 13, 2013, 11:39:45 PM »
i find it a bit rich to suggest lack of games or significantly more games to heppell is an excuse as to why conca has not performed as well.

But you're wrong again coz Conca has performed well !

why cant people just be honest with themselves

Seriously dude , that comment is so patronising it's laughable

There you go again with delusions about people not being honest. Overwhelming evidence ? lmao !! I know who has the inferiority complex.

lol , nice angle but that's a patronising fail too. I'm totally secure , and being totally honest....we got the better player.
where does it say conca has not performed well. all it says is heppell has performed better. id suggest you stop being so anxious  and take more time when reading.

hmm patronising commments. yep im guilty they were supposed to be. patronising or not they are correct imo. heppell has been by far the better player to date. when so many are saying something and its backed up by nearly every criteria there is,   when people deny  just about every criteria there is in comparing two players  then those people are kidding themselves.

oh finally im glad to hear your totally secure, obviously  deluded but secure,  i suppose we cant be perfect. and yep the comparisons evidence  when all things are weighed up is overwhelmingly in heppells favour.
i know why dont you bring up a a comparison useing stats useing performance useing awards and while your at it why not a strengths/ weakness  analysis and comparison.
you see i can be so sure of myself and be so condescending because ive done all that.