Author Topic: Reece Conca [merged]  (Read 426175 times)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Reece Conca [update]
« Reply #2190 on: July 10, 2016, 03:23:48 PM »
LMAO

Can't even make depression references on here now.  :snidegrin
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2191 on: July 10, 2016, 03:53:55 PM »
I am not talking about the 50 meters or the free kicks, I am talking about how bad he is, he is too slow, cant read the play. he is a mile behind it.

Must be gone at years end.
LMAO, thats what every one is saying about about hampson and you are swinging off his nuts like he is in brownlow form.

flabbergasting, much

I have said Hampson is doing what he has to, he is doing a good job, as I have said before, he is not the long term answer but at the moment he is all we have. I hope that settles it for you once and for all.
No it's not good enough! How could you even think this is when I for one thought you to be less of an apologist than most. You may be right about Batchelor but your way off the mark here. Just because he's the only option doesn't mean that he doesn't need to do more than just tap the ball. It's unacceptable and mediocre to suggest he's doing a good job as he just isn't doing enough and what he is doing is still substandard, pathetic & dumb.
Your beginning to sound like Bojo when discussing this Spud.

Who in the team can do better???? So much bagging of him with absolutely no alternative suggestion.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2192 on: July 10, 2016, 04:11:37 PM »
He does make errors but honestly when he first came into the side after being drafted he was one of our better users of the ball. I think what people have to remember is that he has had his fair share of injuries and hasn't had an extended run of games to regain his touch and conditioning.

I think he can still play a part and at only 24 next month he can be one of the core group of experienced players working along side the up and coming younger players that Hardwick is belatedly introducing.

He is no doubt a much maligned player but I am confident he will be a better player next season assuming he isn't part of some trade in the off season and he has no further injuries.

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2193 on: July 10, 2016, 04:18:03 PM »
He does make errors but honestly when he first came into the side after being drafted he was one of our better users of the ball. I think what people have to remember is that he has had his fair share of injuries and hasn't had an extended run of games to regain his touch and conditioning.

I think he can still play a part and at only 24 next month he can be one of the core group of experienced players working along side the up and coming younger players that Hardwick is belatedly introducing.

He is no doubt a much maligned player but I am confident he will be a better player next season assuming he isn't part of some trade in the off season and he has no further injuries.

:clapping

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #2194 on: July 10, 2016, 04:21:43 PM »
I am not talking about the 50 meters or the free kicks, I am talking about how bad he is, he is too slow, cant read the play. he is a mile behind it.

LMAO, thats what every one is saying about about hampson and you are swinging off his nuts like he is in brownlow form.

flabbergasting, much

I have said Hampson is doing what he has to, he is doing a good job, as I have said before, he is not the long term answer but at the moment he is all we have. I hope that settles it for you once and for all.
No it's not good enough! How could you even think this is when I for one thought you to be less of an apologist than most. You may be right about Batchelor but your way off the mark here. Just because he's the only option doesn't mean that he doesn't need to do more than just tap the ball. It's unacceptable and mediocre to suggest he's doing a good job as he just isn't doing enough and what he is doing is still substandard, pathetic & dumb.

Who in the team can do better???? So much bagging of him with absolutely no alternative suggestion.
That's a seperate issue that highlights the ineptitude of the whole footy department including list management, recruiting & coaching staff.
The fact that no one could do better at this moment doesn't change that fact that the Spud is just a crap player despite his "improvement".
The club that keeps giving.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2195 on: July 10, 2016, 04:24:38 PM »

flabbergasting, much

That's a seperate issue that highlights the ineptitude of the whole footy department including list management, recruiting & coaching staff.
The fact that no one could do better at this moment doesn't change that fact that the Spud is just a crap player despite his "improvement".

He is the best we have at the moment whichever way you look at it and thats it.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2196 on: July 10, 2016, 04:42:10 PM »
Thread's about one of our useless midfielder/hbf's not our useless ruckman....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2197 on: July 10, 2016, 05:09:20 PM »
Let's just have one mega thread, the theme is all the same.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2198 on: July 10, 2016, 05:13:48 PM »
Not a bad idea considering the crap we have in the team.

"Rucks:

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2199 on: July 10, 2016, 05:17:12 PM »
Contract status?
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2200 on: July 10, 2016, 05:31:27 PM »

In other words, one of those guys who never really has had his poo together....and it shows.

Sorry but no moref kn excuses for these list clogging b graders, of which he is the king.
You dont just become a standout player when your entire career has been one of inconsistencies but
"you did a couple of things"
Cut the losses and cut him.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
Re: Reece is the word (RFC site)
« Reply #2201 on: July 10, 2016, 06:45:43 PM »
Lolz

Reece is the word
richmondfc.com.au
By Tony Greenberg 7:10 PM Thu 18 Nov, 2010

Richmond has snared gun West Australian midfielder, Reece Conca, with its first selection in the 2010 AFL National Draft.

The Tigers’ Recruitment Manager, Francis Jackson, had no hesitation in reading out Conca’s name at tonight’s (Thursday, November 18) Draft, held on the Gold Coast.

Conca had been penciled in by the Tigers as their No. 1 Draft choice for several months.

The 18-year-old, from WAFL club Perth, had thoroughly convinced Tiger talent scouts he was their man at the No. 6 selection overall in the Draft, due to his excellent all-round football skills, versatility, and impressive leadership qualities.

In 2010, Conca was vice-captain of the WA team at the under-18 National Championships, and he was considered unlucky not to be named as an All-Australian.

At WAFL level, he worked his way up from Perth’s colts team to senior ranks late in the season and had an immediate impact, highlighted by a best-on-ground performance in just his fifth game, against ladder leader Claremont.

“We’ve been very keen on Reece since Round 1 of the WAFL this year.  I saw him (in the colts) against East Fremantle, where he had 35 touches and dominated,” Jackson said.

“All-up, he played only seven colts games this year, one in which he was injured, yet still managed to finish equal sixth in the competition’s Jack Clarke Medal, after six best-on-ground performances.

“He’s just such a well-rounded player.  He’s got high endurance, really good speed and outstanding lateral movement and awareness.  I’m sure that his peripheral awareness, and understanding of what’s happening around him, is a direct result of him playing soccer up until the age of 13.

“Not only does he win a lot of the ball, he’s a very, very good user of it.  Out of all the kicking profiles that we’ve done, his is the best.  He can take a good mark, his decision-making is outstanding, and his ability to win one-on-one footy, as well as win outside footy, is just a joy to watch.

“We’ve tracked his progress closely all year, watched him play live every game, and he doesn’t appear to have any weaknesses.

“I’m sure when Tiger supporters look at his highlights’ package on our website, they’ll realise why we’re so delighted to have picked him up.”

Conca’s intelligence is not merely confined to the football field . . .

“He has been doing a commerce/psychology degree at Trinity College in Perth, but he deferred this semester,” Jackson said.

“We gave all our psych tests from the Draft Combine at the end of the season to the Club’s psychologist, Kim Stephens.  He didn’t know any of the players - all he had was 30 names, with 30 psych profiles for different tests - and Reece came out No. 1.

“So, he’s the complete package . . . an outstanding kid."

Jackson had a nervous wait along the way, fearing one of the clubs with selections before Richmond early in the Draft, would take Conca.

“He had an ankle injury later in the season and subsequently had a bit of a bone spur removed through surgery, which meant he missed the last two rounds and the Colts finals - but I was more than happy with that,” Jackson said.

“We even had to hide our interest from former Richmond player, Brian Leys, who is the CEO of Perth, because we were so keen on him and didn’t want other clubs finding out.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/105377/default.aspx
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2202 on: July 10, 2016, 06:47:34 PM »
Trade to a WA club. If we're lucky we'll get a third rounder….. :banghead
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2203 on: July 10, 2016, 06:52:32 PM »
All-up, he played only seven colts games this year, one in which he was injured,

Consistency
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2204 on: July 10, 2016, 07:19:23 PM »

flabbergasting, much

He is the best we have at the moment whichever way you look at it and thats it.

I would be playing Griffiths and McBean before Hampson