Author Topic: I can feell a mutiny coming on  (Read 15701 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: I can feell a mutiny coming on
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2004, 11:25:57 AM »
I have had a gutfull of these people using this once proud club as their own personal agenda, they have inflated ego's that need stroking well i've got news for them this club belongs to the members and supporters not individuals.
I dont give a stuff who is right or wrong just sort out the s..t so this once powerful club can be
once agained be feared instead of being made a laughing stock of.

Spot on tigers80 -excellent post

And welcome to OER  ;)
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2004, 02:17:30 AM »
Tiger rebels reject Casey peace bid
24 July 2004   
Herald Sun
Jon Pierik

REBEL Richmond member Michael Pahoff says president Clinton Casey's offer to put himself up for re-election 12 months early in a bid to bring peace to Punt Rd isn't good enough.

Casey said on Thursday he was prepared to put his fate in the hands of the members at the club's annual general meeting in January, 12 months before he is due to seek re-election.

But Pahoff said last night January was too late and he wanted a board spill in late September.

It also emerged last night that John Ilhan, the owner of the Crazy John's mobile phone empire, is keen to join the Tigers board, as long as Casey isn't in charge.

Pahoff maintained he would hand in his petition of more than 100 signatures and force an emergency general meeting unless the Tigers president agreed to his call by Tuesday.

"If Clinton Casey is prepared to announce a full board election to be held before the end of September, I will withdraw the petition," Pahoff said.

"That will give Greg Miller two months of quiet. He'll have the remainder of July, all of August and he'll have all of September . . . to make the decision he needs to make."

Miller is leading Richmond's search for a coach to replace Danny Frawley and is worried the off-field instability may hurt the club's chances of securing its No. 1 target.

Pahoff did say he was pleased to see Casey "starting to move" after giving him a seven-day deadline early last week to plan for change.

Casey said on Thursday the two people known to be calling for a spill – former board member Brendan Schwab and Pahoff – were driven by personal issues.

Pahoff said this was nonsense.

"I don't know Clinton Casey personally to be able to make a personal opinion of him," he said. "The only personal issue I have with him is he destroyed my football club."

Ilhan said last night he had the time to join the board of his beloved Tigers but was not interested in being president.

But bad business dealings with Casey in the past had soiled his relationship with the embattled leader.

"No one has actually asked me (to join). If they did it wouldn't be with the current board," Ilhan said.

"I have had a few bad business dealings with them.

"We tried a couple of sponsorship deals in the past, but they (the Tigers) weren't professional."

The Tigers this week met prospective coaches Terry Wallace and Rodney Eade.

Both are likely to be interviewed again by Miller next week.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,10225211%255E19771,00.html
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2004, 02:25:25 AM »
"The only personal issue I have with him is he destroyed my football club."

Its not YOUR Fukken football club Tiny Tim Spandau Ballet boy.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2004, 02:33:38 AM by Ox »

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2004, 02:26:25 AM »
Any chance we could sign a petition that will make Michael Pahoff stuff off? :banghead
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2004, 03:05:41 AM »
Pahoff maintained he would hand in his petition of more than 100 signatures and force an emergency general meeting unless the Tigers president agreed to his call by Tuesday.

"If Clinton Casey is prepared to announce a full board election to be held before the end of September, I will withdraw the petition," Pahoff said.

"That will give Greg Miller two months of quiet. He'll have the remainder of July, all of August and he'll have all of September . . . to make the decision he needs to make."

"I don't know Clinton Casey personally to be able to make a personal opinion of him," he said. "The only personal issue I have with him is he destroyed my football club."

Clearly now it wouldn't matter what Casey offered as the only thing that would satisfy Michael is Clinton quitting.

What's the big deal about having a GM in late September?! The new coach would have already been appointed (Michael keeping this up is only creating more uncertainity in regards to this). Players contracts and delistings would have already been decided upon and settled. Any off-season recruits would be fairly well signed and sealed although not publicly released. The present board would have had to already budgeted for these all these things and the new coaching and recruiting staff would have already basically decided upon what they plan to do during the trade and draft period. Late September is too late anyway Michael. An alternative board would have to be already in place if it wanted to have control over these decisions. As a result IMO it makes no difference whether a GM is held in late September or January.

Nah it's not personal Michael. You only blame Casey solely for all our problems yet you give Schwab and Welsh who would have also played a major role in the decisions of the last 5 years your full support. Go figure!  :banghead

Hey Michael it is OUR football club ::).

Ilhan said last night he had the time to join the board of his beloved Tigers but was not interested in being president.

But bad business dealings with Casey in the past had soiled his relationship with the embattled leader.

"We tried a couple of sponsorship deals in the past, but they (the Tigers) weren't professional."

On SEN it was mentioned that John Ilhan and Casey had only met once. According to Casey yesterday the club went for Motorola instead.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
How Selfish!!!
« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2004, 04:36:41 PM »
Another day and another article about the petition man.  >:(

Michael Pahoff wake up and smell the coffee. Do you actaully have any idea what you are doing? More importantly do you really care? >:( >:(

So it's Michael Pahoff's way or no way - SELFISH >:( >:( >:(

How generous of you Mr Pahoff-  ::) Is this offer supposed to make me feel better? Because what it doens't - it makes my blood boil

Casey said on Thursday the two people known to be calling for a spill – former board member Brendan Schwab and Pahoff – were driven by personal issues.

Pahoff said this was nonsense.

Mr Pahoff,

You say you cannot make a personal opinion on Clinton Casey but the "only personal issue" you have is with Clinton Casey because in your eyes he has single handedly "destroyed your football club".

Guess what - that is personal and your comment about it being your club is selfish but I'll get to that in a minute

"No one has actually asked me (to join). If they did it wouldn't be with the current board," Ilhan said.

"I have had a few bad business dealings with them.

Fair dinkum - what is it with these "alternative people". John Ilhan says he would be happy to join the board but not a board with Casey on it. Guess what John; supposedly a former director Brendan Schwab you may have heard of him - well there are people saying he is trying put together an alternative ticket - have you considered calling him and offering your services - is it really that hard.

Also, if you were not happy with the "professionalism" shown by the Tigers why didn't you do something about it - like joining the board and trying improve things rather than complaining. All the alternatives are big on pointing fingers but show little else. Enough already :banghead

The only personal issue I have with him is he destroyed my football club."

You selfish egotisitcal man - how dare you. "Your football CLub".

No no no ....

it is "OUR FOORTBALL CLUB". It is not yours or mine it is OURS. And Mr Pahoff you really need to start realising this FACT or perhaps you don't want to because the moment you do it stops being about you. Well I have a newsflash for you - this isn't about you it is about the Richmond Football Club

How much do you Mr Pahoff really care about the RFC? Do you care that you are helping to destroy it?

It is disgraceful that 1 man can sit back and hold OUR football club to ransom.

Go ahead with this petition Mr Pahoff and you'll show us how much you really care about OUR footy Club and how selfish you really are

« Last Edit: July 24, 2004, 04:39:12 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: How Selfish!!!
« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2004, 04:59:31 PM »
It is disgraceful that 1 man can sit back and hold OUR football club to ransom.

Holding the club to ransom is a good way of describing it WP. This petition has now come down to a straight forward form of blackmail. And Michael reckons Casey is dictatorial  ::).

froars

« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2004, 05:00:51 PM »
Remind me never to cross you WT  :rollin

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2004, 05:21:09 PM »
WP - up until Michael Pahoff announced he would present his petition on Tuesday I would not have agreed with your sentiments about him. Now I am leaning towards your view because I can't think of any valid reason he would be still presenting it.
The alleged alternative are reportedly going to raise and present their own petition so Pahoff's is not required.

If this alternative moves on the back of his petition they will instantly lose a lot of credibility in my eyes for the mere fact that the EGM will have been forced by someone who has never had any intention of anything other than removing Casey and at the same time never having any intention of providing an option to Casey.

I also dread the shambles the threatened EGM might be if Pahoff is running the show because I sense growing ill-feeling towards him. I still believe he is well meaning but think he is blinded by his apparent vendetta to oust the current board no matter what.

It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline gustiger12

• Tiger Rookie
  • unleash the passion
« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2004, 05:27:46 PM »
If he presents the petition without revealing his supposed viable alterative he should be banished to Iraq

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2004, 10:48:41 PM »
Well this mystery alternative ticket has only got until Monday to reveal themselves otherwise Michael will be presenting his petition without providing any alternative let alone a viable one. This is ridiculous! :scream

Ox

« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2004, 11:16:41 PM »
ROOOOLIN @ MICHAEL PAY-OFF

Seems to be what he's loking for. :scream

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2004, 10:25:18 AM »
Remind me never to cross you WT  :rollin

I am usually a pretty calm, laid back chappy but when things get me angry - well I suppose I get fired up with the best of 'em :)  ;)

Bottom line is I love this Club - we all do - if we didn't we wouldn't care about what is going on. We all want the same things; to survive and and be successful. If we didn't we wouldn't post here, we wouldn't have created this site - get the picture

I hate seeing where the Club is financially. But to say it is the fault of 1 person is stupid. There are 9 people on that board; all adults who are supposed to be free thinking and able to make there own decisions. These people made the bad decisions - all of them and if any one if them voted in favour of something simple because Clinton CAsey supposed told them too - well they shouldn't be there now or in the future. As I have said many times you cannot have it both ways. The financial plan of the Club this year was wrong because they banked on playing finals - and clearly that was stupid. But this adminsitration isn't the first to do that.

Mr Pahoff wants the whole board removed but he seems to forget that 2 of the current board (March & Mathies) were elected by the members in January (remember we had an election) the other person elected at the time Peter Welsh has since quit for what reasoins none of us are 100% sure of because he said in the press it was because of a lack of time but we are now hearing through the papers it was because of Casey. But again he was elected so those elected shouldn't be turfed out now.

Again as I have said before Mr Pahoff has flipped flopped more than a politician since he started this. IMO what he has shown in the last 48 hours is nothing but contempt for the members of the RFC and a selfish need to get his own way at the expense of our Footbal Club - the Club that I know I love with a passion and I have no doubt the majoirty here do as well.

Offline Struggletown

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2004, 01:28:56 PM »
I'll be peeed off if he presents the petition without an alternative, but equally peeed off if he is merely a puppet for an alternative hiding behind him pulling the strings.
So l guess hes damaged goods to me regardless :help
Since he has collected the 100 signatures required he has failed to confirm or deny working alongside an alternative, a shifty and non-transparent stance that Phantom used to accuse Casey of!!  Go figure... :-\
Drink,Drugs and Shagging models.
The rest l just wasted.
  George Best on where his millions went

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Tigers to chase petition signees
« Reply #119 on: July 26, 2004, 02:05:33 AM »
Tigers to chase petition signees
26 July 2004   
Herald Sun
Bruce Matthews

RICHMOND plans to approach every member on challenger Michael Pahoff's petition to try to talk them out of forcing a board spill at the club.

President Clinton Casey said yesterday the Tigers would get in touch with each signee to emphasis the destructive nature of what they have agreed to back.

"We're certainly going to look forward to contacting every single person who's on that list," Casey told Richmond's official lunch guests at the MCG.

"I really can't believe that the members that this Pahoff has cornered two or three weeks ago fully understand what they were signing, fully understand the timing and the damage that this petition could potentially cause."

The petition containing the minimum 100 signatures which, under the constitution, requires the club to call an extraordinary meeting which would become due before the end of the season is expected to be lodged at Punt Road tomorrow.

"They say they're going to deliver it to the football club next week and they are going to do that unless the entire board resigns which would at that point leave the Richmond Football Club with no CEO in the chair, no coach for next year, no board, no president," Casey said.

"That's a position that we think is completely unacceptable for this footy club, so if the petition does get delivered, we're certainly going to contact every single person."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,10245508%255E19771,00.html