Author Topic: BEN COUSINS [merged]  (Read 214138 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: BEN COUSINS [merged]
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2007, 06:40:07 PM »
Can you pass in the PSD.
Yep you can as long as you can rearrange your list so there's the required 38 senior listed players.

At the moment Richmond has only 3 spots on the senior list empty and hence 3 picks. All 3 picks need to be used in the National draft as that's the minimum so we can't use our PSD pick anyway unless we either delist another player or demote a player to the rookie list.

That's not true .. You can have all three picks in the PSD if you choose and pass on the ND
I thought participating in the National draft was compulsory.

NAB AFL Draft:
It is compulsory for clubs to participate and by this stage they can have a maximum of 35 players on their list.

http://www.afl.com.au/Season2007/NABAFLRisingStarsProgram/NABAFLDraft/tabid/282/Default.aspx
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2007, 10:39:48 PM »
In the papers tomorrow it says Cousins' manager has approached at least one club before Cousins flew overseas. St Kilda was also a potential suitor around trade week time.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2007, 11:30:57 PM »
In the papers tomorrow it says Cousins' manager has approached at least one club before Cousins flew overseas. St Kilda was also a potential suitor around trade week time.

Gee wouldnt that be a smart idea.

Re-unite the Underworld boys.  :lol  :rollin
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2007, 12:01:36 AM »

You can have all three picks in the PSD if you choose and pass on the ND
I think you'll find that this is not true and that you must use a minimum of 3 picks in the ND.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2007, 01:10:28 AM »
I would be very surprised if it was Cousins. :whistle

Please tell me it's Ben Rutten. :pray

As for Cousins. Absolutely not!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2007, 05:14:41 AM »
AFL could act on Cousins
Caroline Wilson | October 26, 2007

THE AFL is looking at charging Ben Cousins with bringing the game into disrepute in a move that would almost certainly result in the drug-addicted 2005 Brownlow medallist being banned from playing football next season.

While Cousins said yesterday that he wanted to return to football, no club has yet put its hand up to recruit the 29-year-old, who would almost certainly be prevented from returning before 2009 if the AFL Commission had its way.

The league is exploring its legal options should Cousins challenge its bid to refuse to accept his nomination for the draft. The commission, led by chairman Mike Fitzpatrick, is scheduled to decide on both Cousins and West Coast — which again faces punishment ranging from fines to the loss of draft picks or premiership points — when it meets over two days on November 19 and 20.

http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/afl-could-act-on-cousins/2007/10/25/1192941242859.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2007, 05:20:36 AM »
From Caroline Wilson | October 26, 2007 | The Age

It also emerged that Cousins looked at a move to St Kilda at the end of the 2007 season, a move thwarted on the eve of trade week by coach John Worsfold. The Saints now seem unlikely to consider Cousins.

"I wanted to get him (Cousins) out of Perth a long time ago," said Nixon. "I spoke to them (St Kilda) about a possible trade and Ben went to John Worsfold, who knocked back the idea."

Collingwood, Carlton, Geelong, Brisbane and Melbourne have all ruled out considering the troubled footballer, while Richmond, which has the first pick in the pre-season draft, did not respond to The Age last night.

There was speculation the Tigers would look at placing Cousins on the long-term injury list for 2008 with a view to playing him in 2009.

Collingwood president Eddie McGuire said any such decision would ultimately rest with coach Mick Malthouse but that he doubted the club would consider Cousins.

Link

"I read all these newspaper reports about clubs saying they do not want him. That's different in what they're saying to me," Nixon said.

Collingwood has not dismissed the notion of claiming him in next year's national draft. Hawthorn, Essendon and St Kilda told the Herald Sun they would not take Cousins on their lists if he was eligible. Others would not comment.

Link.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2007, 07:07:49 AM »
lets go get ben!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2007, 10:43:59 AM »

Ramps

« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2007, 11:40:44 AM »
Rutten would be a good get indeed. And I will be first to congratulate the club if it can get him in the PSD.

Offline Bateman

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2007, 12:18:27 PM »

You can have all three picks in the PSD if you choose and pass on the ND
I think you'll find that this is not true and that you must use a minimum of 3 picks in the ND.

I'll bow to the knowledge of 'Weaver ' on BF who knows AFL rules inside-out.

Here's the link: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9292185#post9292185

22nd October 2007, 18:57    #75 
Weaver
BigFooty Moderator

Club: Richmond
 Re: The Delisted players are decided . . . .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by David3030 
Its not allowed, we either have to upgrade him or delist him from the rookie list, only allowed 2 years on rookie list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_rise_ 
No, it is now three years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_rise_ 
Because King has been upgraded he will be the "mature rookie" in his 3rd year.

It is 3 years but Howat is too old. He also can not be the mature-age rookie because he has already played AFL. He needs to be promoted or cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by telsor 
My understanding was 3 is the minimum in the draft, which leaves us 0 for the PSD.

People need to stop bandying around this minimum 3 picks thing. You have to have 3 vacancies. We can pass on them all if we like and use 3 PSD 

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2007, 12:18:45 PM »
weaver knows his buttcrack better than anyone

Offline Bateman

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2007, 12:19:50 PM »
weaver knows his buttcrack better than anyone

You don't rate him??

Why, because he tells you what you don't want to know/hear!!!

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2007, 12:21:45 PM »

Good on you.
I'll bow to the knowledge of Greg Miller at RFC who knows the rules inside-out.  :)

I emailed him asking the question and he replied confirming a minimum of 3 picks must be used in the National Draft.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Bateman

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2007, 12:24:31 PM »

Good on you.
I'll bow to the knowledge of Greg Miller at RFC who knows the rules inside-out.  :)

You're game