Author Topic: BEN COUSINS [merged]  (Read 214134 times)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: BEN COUSINS [merged]
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2007, 12:29:34 PM »

I'll bow to the knowledge of 'Weaver ' on BF who knows AFL rules inside-out.

Good on you.
I'll bow to the knowledge of Greg Miller at RFC who knows the rules inside-out.  :)

I emailed him asking the question and he replied confirming a minimum of 3 picks must be used in the National Draft.

Oh so he is replying to emails is he.  Or replying to some . . .
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2007, 12:50:21 PM »

Oh so he is replying to emails is he.  Or replying to some . . .
I don't know about any others but he replied to mine.  ???

Weaver is one of the most informative people on the forums. On this point I thought he was incorrect but wasn't sure, so I decided to ask someone who I knew would be able to set me straight. He was kind enough to reply to my question.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Bateman

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2007, 12:53:26 PM »

Weaver is one of the most informative people on the forums. On this point I thought he was incorrect but wasn't sure, so I decided to ask someone who I knew would be able to set me straight. He was kind enough to reply to my question.

Has anyone actually met Weaver (Damian Streets) in person??

Offline tigerfan1961

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2007, 01:45:16 PM »
We all said the same great things about Akermanis last year Hellenic.  He did very little for the Doggies.
Be stupid to draft him.

Different types of players. Cousins runs all day and does all the tough things. He was/is a leader on the field and we would me crazy not to take him for nothing in the PSD. Who else are we going to get, Guy Richards???

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2007, 06:27:11 PM »
Rex just said on 3aw that Richmond shouldn't touch Cousins with a 10-foot pole.

The Swans have said today they have no interest in Cousins.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2007, 06:30:55 PM »

someone is spreading the rumour that we will pick him up, and this person is pretty confident that it will happen.

see that cuzzy missed his plane to LA and will spend an extra day in Sincity, all rather interesting....anyone spotted GM yesterday or today up Sydney way.

Tigermonk

« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2007, 06:45:33 PM »

Rex can get stuffed he should stay out of it
it should be what the club wants not the ex players or media

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2007, 09:35:37 PM »
Rex is right.

Tigermonk

« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2007, 09:37:45 PM »

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2007, 09:40:31 PM »
That's a bitchin' avatar Monk.

Is she for real?

Such gorgeous facial features.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2007, 12:48:24 AM »

Has anyone actually met Weaver (Damian Streets) in person??
Nope. I find Weaver's posts on junior footballers good reads as he goes into a lot of detail with them although he can be a bit "out there" with his ranking of draftees. He was kind enough to give OER his RFC history summary from his old Monash site. He is also part of the tiger talk yahoo email list/board which has been running since 1996. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2007, 12:58:29 AM »
someone is spreading the rumour that we will pick him up, and this person is pretty confident that it will happen.
Is that you rogerd3?  ;) ;D

Cousins turns 30 in June next year. Even if some miracle happens and he gets himself cleaned up, if he was placed on the long-term injury list to play in 2009 that would make him almost 31 and not having played a game in 12-18 months.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 05:53:35 AM by one-eyed »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2007, 06:02:32 AM »
Cousins AFL exit to put out fires
Chip Le Grand | October 26, 2007 | The Australian

When asked if he was looking forward to playing in the AFL again, Cousins replied, "absolutely". Asked whether he would remain overseas for several months, he said: "Hopefully not. I'd like hopefully to be in training by then."

One of two inferences can be made from this.

The first is that Cousins, for all his unquestioned talents as a footballer, has become delusional about his place in the game and the AFL's tolerance for his drug-related behaviour.

The second is that Cousins understands better than anyone the AFL's tolerance for his drug-related behaviour and knows a comeback in 2008 is indeed a possibility.

Either way, the implications for the league are much the same. With a parting smile and a couple of off-the-cuff remarks, Cousins has forced the governing body to confront the question of his legal status as an AFL player, a question it had quietly hoped to avoid.

At its next commission meeting on November 19, the AFL will debate whether it would allow a team other than the West Coast Eagles to recruit Cousins in this year's national or pre-season draft.

If the AFL gives a green light to Cousins joining another club, it will be seen as a humiliating snub to Canberra and a betrayal to the Eagles.

But in the aftermath of Cousins' sacking by the Eagles - a decision the AFL strongly supported - the AFL's position has been weakened by a decision by police to abandon a charge of possession of a prohibited substance against the former club captain.

The only outstanding charge against Cousins is a traffic offence, failure to submit to a driver assessment test.

This time last week, AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou said playing football again should be the least of Cousin's concerns.

Since then rival clubs have begun considering Cousins as a potential recruiting target.

Link.

The Pies via Malthouse aren't interested in Cousins.

Link.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2007, 06:08:25 AM »
Is that you rogerd3?  ;) ;D

Cousins turns 30 in June next year. Even if some miracle happens and he gets himself cleaned up, if he was placed on the long-term injury list to play in 2009 that would make him almost 31 and not having played a game in 12-18 months.

he is in better shape than any footy player in afl/vfl history

he is in 10 times better shape than what robert harvey ever was

cousins could play til he is 37 no worries

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2007, 07:51:48 AM »
He'll be lucky if he lives to 37 the way he's going.