Author Topic: 10 things I have loved about Richmond in 2011  (Read 1480 times)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
10 things I have loved about Richmond in 2011
« on: September 05, 2011, 12:22:29 PM »
1)The goal spread
Dimma talked about the importance of this during the pre season.
We all loved Jack winning the Coleman in 2010 but in order to become a better team we had to find other avenues to goal.
In 2010 ,Jack kicked 31% of our goals....In 2011 Jack kicked only 20%
Over all we had 5 players kick 25 goals plus which was fantastic.

2) Vickery
36 goals for a skinny kid in just his third year.Love his agility and "sticky hands".Could we have 2 power forwards next year ? :pray

3) Martin
For once we are the envy of other clubs. 33 goals was a delightful suprise.I love the man child.

4) Rance

Resembled a giorgio armani model trying to play football in the past..... arguably the most improved player on our list.

5) Cotchin

I don't think there is any debate to who our best player is anymore. 18 goals is a nice return too.

6) Rockin Robin

Had his head on the chopping block at the start of the year....Now with Rance one of our most improved.Love the energy he brings to the team and 29 goals is a terrific return.I would currently have him in our top 10 players.

7) The Jake King ride.

Had a period of 14 games over 2010/11 where he kicked 30 goals....His goal against Brisbane in rd 6 was hilarious.But Jake's year did fizzle out-only kicked 6 goals after rd 12.

8) Bachar Houli

Exceeded expectations without doubt...looks like a gun player.Suffer in ya jocks bummers.

9) Conca and Batchelor

Many posters still question the wisdom of selecting Conca with pick 6....Reece has shown more in 17 game than Richard Tambling has in 100+ games.Shame Ritchie Shame.
Batchelor looks like a beaut...both players received rising star nominations.

10) Dreamtime at the G

As good as it got in season 2011. Beat the Bombers who were flying at the time.
For one week we got to indulge in some finals fantasy....before it unravelled against Port the following week.
Unleash the tornado

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: 10 things I have loved about Richmond in 2011
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 01:37:20 PM »
The below quoted 'loved' sections are what I am most excitied about -

1)The goal spread
Dimma talked about the importance of this during the pre season.
We all loved Jack winning the Coleman in 2010 but in order to become a better team we had to find other avenues to goal.
In 2010 ,Jack kicked 31% of our goals....In 2011 Jack kicked only 20%
Over all we had 5 players kick 25 goals plus which was fantastic.

The fact that we have changed our forward structure now to ensure we are less predictable and reliant upon one forward is what we all have been praying for ever since our Richo days. Bodes well for the future.

2) Vickery
36 goals for a skinny kid in just his third year.Love his agility and "sticky hands".Could we have 2 power forwards next year ? :pray

Keep praying - if Griffiths comes on we may in fact have 3!  :thumbsup

3) Martin
For once we are the envy of other clubs. 33 goals was a delightful suprise.I love the man child.

I love the fact that we actually got an early pick correct for once. Will only improve too which is the scary thing. Needs to come back from the off season fit and healthy this time.

4) Rance
Resembled a giorgio armani model trying to play football in the past..... arguably the most improved player on our list.

A full back for the next ten years is what we have been praying for and Rance show every sign of being that man. Just needs support now...

5) Cotchin
I don't think there is any debate to who our best player is anymore. 18 goals is a nice return too.

The funny thing is is that in years to come I hope there is plenty of debate. I hope Martin, Lids, Cotch and even Conca are all debated over as to who is our best midfielder. While Vickery, Jack, Rance, Houli etc are thrown up against them in debates who is our best overall player. I think this is a realistic possibility.

8 ) Bachar Houli
Exceeded expectations without doubt...looks like a gun player.Suffer in ya jocks bummers.

Will work with Newman and Batchelor to run the ball off the halfback next year. Is a beautiful kick and has shown plenty of defensive desperation this year too. A fantastic find/trade! :thumbsup

Edited to crrect multiple quotes
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 01:41:21 PM by WilliamPowell »

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 02:46:46 PM »
Dylan Grimes showed a bit as well

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 03:16:14 PM »
3) Martin

I love the fact that we actually got an early pick correct for once. Will only improve too which is the scary thing. Needs to come back from the off season fit and healthy this time.

Bit hard on Cotchin, Riewoldt, Deledio and Vickery... ;D
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 03:35:56 PM »
Great thread to brush away our negative battering- myself included at times!! thanks!!  :thumbsup
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 03:38:45 PM »
Dylan Grimes showed a bit as well

He should be No. 11.

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 03:48:08 PM »
I think Jake the snake Batchelor should be given legs 11.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 04:01:58 PM »
I think Jake the snake Batchelor should be given legs 11.

In terms of output on the field for a sustained period you're probably right but I'm not certain in terms of importance atm. ???

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 05:21:51 PM »
The improvement in King, Nahas, Rance and Vickery has been fantastic. Martin will be a very good player. Cotchin is a fantastic leader and should be captain. Brett had a good season. Batchelor, Grimes, Helbig and Conca are finds. Houli and Griggs have been good pick ups. The goal spread was very good.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 07:21:40 AM »
Which head Robin have on the chopping block? If it's the one I'm thinking, would've been a massive axe!
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.