Author Topic: "My game was pretty awful, really" - Joel  (Read 2761 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
"My game was pretty awful, really" - Joel
« on: July 09, 2007, 04:54:14 AM »
Bowden 'pretty awful' for Tigers
July 8, 2007 - 9:56PM
The Age

Each week during this AFL season, two Richmond players have sat with coach Terry Wallace at his mid-week media conference and then done the same after the match.

It was Joel Bowden's turn this week and the timing could not have been worse.

The All-Australian defender had a nightmare in his side's 20-point loss to the Kangaroos at Telstra Dome.

Coach Terry Wallace dragged him at one stage during the last term for a pointed chat over the telephone.

With Wallace sitting next to him, Bowden was asked post-match if it was a "direct" call from the coach.

"It was and that's the coach-player relationship, you have to direct and I accept that, my effort wasn't good enough," Bowden said.

Wallace immediately added: "And you get up Monday morning and get on with the next one, that's what it's about."

Bowden was under no illusions about his performance, which featured uncharacteristic turnovers that resulted in Kangaroos goals.

"My game was pretty awful, really - a few terrible turnovers, didn't complete the task that was set for me," he said.

"Coincidentally, on turnovers in the backline, it hurts on the scoreboard."

But Bowden had plenty of mates - had the Kangaroos kicked straight, it would have been a blowout.

http://news.realfooty.com.au/bowden-pretty-awful-for-tigers/20070408-mmv.html
----------------------------
09 July 2007   Herald Sun
Rebecca Williams

All-Australian defender Joel Bowden copped a last-quarter bake from Wallace. He made several uncharacteristic errors, while his body language at times late in the game looked terrible.

"I thought it was pretty awful, really," Bowden said of his game.

"There were a few terrible turnovers and I didn't complete the task that was set for me. There were turnovers in the backline and that hurts on the scoreboard.

"I accept that my effort was not good enough."

Wallace said he had no hesitation ripping into Bowden on the phone.

"You have to call it straight, it does not matter who it is, you have got to call it straight," he said.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22040194%255E19742,00.html

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
Re: "My game was pretty awful, really" - Joel
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 01:05:18 PM »
joel you are a liability !!!

he has been a disease !!!

Tigermonk

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 01:21:22 PM »
Joel Bowden plays bigger than his size most weeks when if RFC recruited some tall players or adapted some to play the backline & let Joel play as a sweeper style setup player he is we would see a even better player but he is about burned out as it is from playing in the bigger role when he is shorter than Patrick his brother

Bowden is one of the AFL top players how can you judge him a desease

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 01:50:19 PM »
The problem is Joel is in our leadership group, played over 200 games and you expect consistency by now.

West, Harvey, Brad Johnson these guys week in week out keep doing the right things, playing well, bleeding for their team.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007, 02:02:20 PM »
give bowden some slack,

gees , his forst off game for quite a while now

been damn good for us!

what gets up may a hole  is that joel was dragged after a poor kick but the f head of a c johnson is always safe no matter how slow he runs, how many times he falls to th eground, no matter how bad he kicks and handpasses and no matter how crap he is, the blonde headed p o o f never gets dragged!

Ox

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2007, 02:04:16 PM »
UNCHARACTERISTIC -WTF?

Tat muta fukker has everyone fooled.......but me

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2007, 03:55:01 PM »
give bowden some slack,

been damn good for us!

what gets up may a hole  is that joel was dragged after a poor kick but the f head of a c johnson is always safe no matter how slow he runs, how many times he falls to th eground, no matter how bad he kicks and handpasses and no matter how crap he is, the blonde headed p o o f never gets dragged!
Had me confused there.  I couldn't work out why you were abusing Chris Johnson and how could his hair be blonde  :lol :rollin

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 03:59:20 PM »
give bowden some slack,

been damn good for us!

Had me confused there.  I couldn't work out why you were abusing Chris Johnson and how could his hair be blonde  :lol :rollin

sorry julz, im trying not top swear but as u can gather , johnson really irritates me!

Ox

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 05:51:16 PM »
Its nothing new folks.
Us old schoolers have been trying to enlighten u all on
the fraudulent presence of this wanker.

A real stat orientated player = puts himself above the club and now it seems,most of the kids.

hole sob

Tigermonk

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 09:40:14 PM »
give bowden some slack,

been damn good for us!

Johnson  ;D your spot on there X his always on the ground after a contest he wants to get too  ;D infact you see alot of Tiger players dive on the ground l think its some new skill Wallace has coached into them

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2007, 10:15:50 AM »

Disease?Liability? Your reality is not my reality. All I can do is shake my head in disbelief when I read opinions such as this.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2007, 01:21:42 PM »

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 01:52:31 PM »

Disease?Liability? Your reality is not my reality. All I can do is shake my head in disbelief when I read opinions such as this.
I think our forum is infiltrated with terrorists :banghead

Ox

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2007, 02:18:49 PM »
hole sob

Yes you are. >:(

lmoa - no worries, "person that supports Bowden and thinks he's a champ" :rollin

Loser

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2007, 02:32:09 PM »
Let's discuss things without the name-calling shall we ::)