Author Topic: Daniel Connors - 2010 expectations?  (Read 7772 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Daniel Connors - 2010 expectations?
« on: January 18, 2010, 12:18:05 PM »
What are your expectations for Connors in 2010 and what would be a good year for him?

Career so far:
          Games   Disposals   Marks  Tackles  G.B
2007:     4          13.8         5.0       0.5     0.1
2008:     4          14.3         5.5       1.8     5.3
2009:     2            7.0         4.0       0.5     1.0

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerStats.asp?PlayerID=1780&SeasonID=ALL

At Coburg 2009: 10 matches for 7 goals. Twice named in bests. --- VFL stats link

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
Re: Daniel Connors - 2010 expectations?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 12:53:01 PM »
I would like him to regain the stats he had in 2008 but at least 15 games if not the whole season.
The boy has the goods and i think he will be one of hardwicks favorites as i see him as a similar type of player.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 01:06:14 PM »
IMO this kid has got what it takes and we have seen glimpses of his "potential". Unfortunately injuries have hampered his career to date and this will be the first time he has actually completed a full pre season, if I am not mistaken.

I would really expect him to have an impact this year, lets just hope he can sort out his, apparent attitude. He is a hard nut, hard at the ball, good skills and he can take a great mark. He is also a goal kicker and he is not scared to take on the opposition.

Connors could turn out to be the big revelation of the season so long as he can join the dots together, I think Hardwick will give him the chance and it's up to him to take it.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 01:29:16 PM »
A good attitude and 15-20 games.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 01:30:07 PM »
All I want is for him to string a few consecutive games together to see if he can live up to his reported potential. I too have seen glimpses of talent but I have no idea if he will be a consistent performer. If injuries trouble him this year then its bye bye for mine once his contract expires.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 01:57:25 PM »
This is his 4th year - it's absolute make or break.  Either he steps up significantly or he is gone.  A couple of flashes is all we have to go on, injured or not, and with a new broom not scared of making as many changes as are necessary then he has 2 very simple choices - shape up or he will be shipped out.  I hope he does step up and make it (as I do for every single recruit we get) but we gave JON and Meyer 4 years each and we were screaming for their heads a long time before they eventually went - Connors has done no more than either of them.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 02:32:49 PM »
It's his last chance.

I have no expectations for him after the past couple of years.

I hope this year he can show me why I should have expectations about him beyond a flash or two of potential.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 03:24:53 PM »
Connors was lazy and soft at times from reports at Coburg matches. Needs to get himself fit and work hard and play at least 10 games next season.

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 03:53:43 PM »
nothing ... delisted 31/10/2010.

:)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 04:09:20 PM »
Connors was lazy and soft at times from reports at Coburg matches. Needs to get himself fit and work hard and play at least 10 games next season.

Would need to play more than 10 I would think Davey, unless injury halted a run of good games.  Of the younger players, he is the one sitting in the hottest seat this year.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2010, 06:12:43 PM »
This is his 4th year - it's absolute make or break.  Either he steps up significantly or he is gone.  A couple of flashes is all we have to go on, injured or not, and with a new broom not scared of making as many changes as are necessary then he has 2 very simple choices - shape up or he will be shipped out.  I hope he does step up and make it (as I do for every single recruit we get) but we gave JON and Meyer 4 years each and we were screaming for their heads a long time before they eventually went - Connors has done no more than either of them.

Ditto  :thumbsup

Needs to get above the shoulders right first, the talent is there, it is the application that's the issue IMHO

His injuries cannot be used as excuse because compared to what others have had his have been relatively minor
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

tony_montana

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2010, 06:20:35 PM »
to be delisted

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2010, 07:09:48 PM »
Connors = RFC for the last 30 years

delist now and spare us watching this fool at Coburg
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2010, 10:39:03 PM »
Just needs to become more unselfish and team orientated. He is more likely to try and attempt the spectacular and look for glory than help a team-mate improve the odds. Connors needs to mature and learn to make the right decisions and the right times. At training he was able to lead his team to think laterally and break through the zone by hand so his non conformist personality can be a great asset if Hardwick can learn how to control it.

Hope he can play 15 games and cement a place in the team.

Stripes

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2010, 11:39:29 PM »
Well Connors seems to have had more people getting on his back then Polo did. Now you can use stats and games played all you like but if Connors can get it together he will be of more value to the team than Polo IMO.

Connors has more flair to his game, he is bigger, better skilled and he is from what I have seen, prepared to take the game on. Yes he was injured and yes this is his first pre-season and IMO look out Polo.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"