Author Topic: Next Two Weeks - SHOW US  (Read 1975 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Next Two Weeks - SHOW US
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2014, 04:32:58 PM »
As we go into the next two rounds, we go in against the best. These two teams (Cats and Hawks) exemplify what our game is all about, as do the players. They are 100% committed to their individual team tasks and plan. The players are skilled, disciplined, focused and they never shirk or shy away from a contest, this is what our game is about. This is what makes a team.

The next two weeks are very important for the players I have named below IMO. They have done nothing to very little for the past 5 weeks. They have shown areas of weakness, poor skill level, poor decision making, lack of accountability, lack of run and carry, lack of fitness and overall a non commitment to win the hard ball and support/protect their team mates.

The next two weeks will tell us if these players are part of the future or are they are just going to be the typical list loggers going forward? It will also tell us, up to this point in time if we have recruited players of a high caliber or if we have missed out yet again on more suitable and better players recruited ahead of them, both from a draft perspective and trade perspective (including free agency).

Ellis: King of the pre-season time trials.....it ends there. Has reverted to his poor delivery of the ball and really seems to be lacking confidence and courage amongst other areas.

Conca: 5 games in, should he be at match fitness by now or will we use a pre-season injury as an excuse all year? He had that standout game in the pre-season and really has not shown any signs at all since then. Where has his hardness and courage gone? Has he kicked a goal this season??

Edwards: Where is this player at after 8 years, he has played everywhere on the ground INCLUDING FORWARD and he delivers very little return. Everyone says leave him in the pocket but when we did that regularly he was not consistent, if we put him there he needs to deliver like Betts does! He needs two very big games and if we play him forward he needs to kick 3 goals in each of those games as a minimum.

Chaplin: I really thought this player would be an asset to the club, was he ever any good? He really has let himself down this year, he has done nothing, is there hope?

Morris: Cannot question his courage but stupid decisions and lack of skill on occasion really let him down. Needs a big two games and he really needs to provide run and carry out of the backline.

Grigg: Since joining the club he has gone backwards, I thought he showed a lot initially but he is another player that has no courage, wont defend and is now letting his skill level decline. This bloke could be something but he actually looks disinterested. Must get involved and motivated in the next two games.

Grimes: A couple of years ago this player was our backline savior....what now? Too many interrupted pre-seasons but now he should be showing us more, is he there, will he get back to his best or at least his potential best? Can he lift and take a big scalp over the next two weeks?

Newman: I have absolute respect for this player but there comes a time, make the call Chris. The game has passed him, he is just missing at the moment, he fills a gap and that's it. We need to play Miles and Chris you need to step down for this to happen. I really don't think he can handle the pace of the Hawks and Cats, he will be found out with his lack of pace.

Astbury: Is going ok, but ok doesn't cut it against the Cats and Hawks, he will have his pants pulled down if he doesn't really lift to the next level. I see him as a plodder, he is on the verge of the upward spiral or the downward slide. Must claim a big scalp out of the next two games, he needs to silence their best forward.

Above are the players that I believe need to lift, these are the players that are holding us back and affecting the rest of the teams performance overall. Sure Houli, Petterd, Hampson and Thomas have their moments as do some others but overall they do their job.

The players I have listed above really need to show us and the RFC in the next two weeks that they want to be part of this club, long term and for others short term. But overall they need to show guts and determination against the Hawks and Cats otherwise we have no chance of beating either of them.

These guys have done very little.....again.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2014, 04:41:09 PM »
Grigg is playing well up to half time actually, Ellis has the possies but has butchered god ball.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

tony_montana

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2014, 04:42:40 PM »
Im liking Ellis's endeavour this week tbh

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2014, 06:10:20 PM »
Nothing's changed.

The clubs still poo!  And always will be unless someone can change the culture.
The club that keeps giving.

Rampstar

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2014, 06:11:28 PM »
they'll show us how crap theyre going this season. Lucky if we lose under 12 goals

If only I could pick tattslotto numbers the way I can tell when this club is going to the sh.i.te!

Rampstar

« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2014, 06:13:57 PM »
This thread should be merged with any of Rampsters troll threads

You can merge anything you want but what I said is  true. It hurts you and it hurts all of us but the Rebuild has failed and we need to start again. At least Hardwick created a base from which to work, Wallace left us very little in comparison.