Author Topic: Luxbet officially our new major co-sponsor  (Read 50483 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: New major sponsor news [merged]
« Reply #240 on: December 07, 2008, 07:41:15 PM »
Agree peggles. Even just having a naming rights sponsor for the new Indigenous centre would be a start and better than nothing. We could use the extra money to eliminate our $3.89m debt faster or plough extra resources into the club expecially in the current climate when revenues are falling. Hopefully the RFC are seriously considering it as a revenue option.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline rbartlett

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #241 on: December 07, 2008, 07:44:55 PM »

I understand both sides of the argument here.
I lean towards not given the Punt Road Oval naming rights at all - that's purely from an historical importance point of view.

Certainly buildings within Punt Road could be utilised - the Indigenous Centre, the new social club area etc, even the Museum could has some sponsorship association with it.

But Punt Road Oval is Punt Road Oval. Always has been since the 1860's

- Rhett Bartlett
rhettrospective.com

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #242 on: December 07, 2008, 09:15:11 PM »
Doesn't matter to me it will allways be Punt Rd.

Maybe a petroleum company  ;D

« Reply #243 on: December 07, 2008, 09:47:57 PM »
Doesn't matter to me it will allways be Punt Rd.

Maybe a petroleum company  ;D

and Docklands will always be Docklands

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #244 on: December 07, 2008, 09:52:15 PM »
my guess is the club may very well have already tried to no avail...I don't believe they would have any misgivings over selling a little of the clubs sentiment if it means continuing to make history :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #245 on: December 08, 2008, 05:45:42 PM »
If Tiger Airways was allowed naming rights (AFL would prevent it) we probably could still fittingly call Punt Rd Oval "Tiger-land".

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #246 on: December 11, 2008, 12:13:13 PM »
 ::)

Doran is on SEN now, he noticed the big Dick Smith logo on the jumper and said that Dick Smith are NO longer our sponsor......

EDIT: He just got fixed up.

He's giving Dick Smith TONS of publicity.

Get on board sponsors!!
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #247 on: December 11, 2008, 01:52:50 PM »
As I said in the other thread they mentioned today that Dick Smith got about $50,000 worth of free advertising on the frontpages of the papers today just for having their logo on Benny. If companies work on the mantra that the only bad advertising is no advertising then they should be lining up to get on board. Cousins will be in the news every day. It wouldn't surprise me since we've come out publicly showing interest in Cousins if we have the new sponsor who is okay with all this circus almost ready to be announced. If we did have a new sponsor close to being signed up, it would make sense to make the announcement by Monday in readiness for Cousins first shot in a Richmond polo on Tuesday.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #248 on: December 11, 2008, 02:03:15 PM »

I understand both sides of the argument here.
I lean towards not given the Punt Road Oval naming rights at all - that's purely from an historical importance point of view.

Certainly buildings within Punt Road could be utilised - the Indigenous Centre, the new social club area etc, even the Museum could has some sponsorship association with it.

But Punt Road Oval is Punt Road Oval. Always has been since the 1860's

- Rhett Bartlett
rhettrospective.com

Yep, totally agree with this Rhett, we haven't had to resort to this in the past and we shouldn't be in the future. What about "The Commonwealth Bank Indigenous Centre" just an idea!!. You could replace that name with just about anybody.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Ramps

« Reply #249 on: December 11, 2008, 02:26:57 PM »
As I said in the other thread they mentioned today that Dick Smith got about $50,000 worth of free advertising on the frontpages of the papers today just for having their logo on Benny. If companies work on the mantra that the only bad advertising is no advertising then they should be lining up to get on board. Cousins will be in the news every day. It wouldn't surprise me since we've come out publicly showing interest in Cousins if we have the new sponsor who is okay with all this circus almost ready to be announced. If we did have a new sponsor close to being signed up, it would make sense to make the announcement by Monday in readiness for Cousins first shot in a Richmond polo on Tuesday.

Im surprised that Woolworths hasnt used another one of its businesses to get a monopoly of the Richmond Jumper. They could use, Dan Murphys, Big W, Woolworths Supermarkets, infact, Woolworths should have considered getting the Punt Rd Oval sponsorship as well and using the Ground as a signage haven for there company.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #250 on: December 11, 2008, 08:20:54 PM »

Im surprised that Woolworths hasnt used another one of its businesses to get a monopoly of the Richmond Jumper. They could use, Dan Murphys, Big W, Woolworths Supermarkets, infact, Woolworths should have considered getting the Punt Rd Oval sponsorship as well and using the Ground as a signage haven for there company.

Gerald made reference to the fact that "he had his money" on another mob sponsoring the Tigers when a caller inquired about the irony of Cousins playing for a club being sponsored by a pharmacy chain.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #251 on: December 11, 2008, 09:19:34 PM »
Dan Murphy's sponsors the Blues don't they?

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #252 on: December 11, 2008, 09:52:27 PM »

thought exactly the same.  i really don't get it when word came out that some clubs who wanted to draft cousins dropped out because sponsors didn't want any part of it.  having cousins at the club would create so much media attention it's not funny.  his picture would be in the papers and news more often than any other player.  it's great exposure for the sponsors like you said.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #253 on: December 11, 2008, 10:37:55 PM »
Gerald made reference to the fact that "he had his money" on another mob sponsoring the Tigers when a caller inquired about the irony of Cousins playing for a club being sponsored by a pharmacy chain.

Yeah I heard that one too

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #254 on: December 11, 2008, 10:57:19 PM »

thought exactly the same.  i really don't get it when word came out that some clubs who wanted to draft cousins dropped out because sponsors didn't want any part of it.  having cousins at the club would create so much media attention it's not funny.  his picture would be in the papers and news more often than any other player.  it's great exposure for the sponsors like you said.
Finey on SEN just said there's 4 pages on Cousins in the Herald-Sun tomorrow (Friday).