Author Topic: Luxbet officially our new major co-sponsor  (Read 50479 times)

Offline F0551L

• One Eyed Richmond Gold member "eat em alive" Marching on to Victory in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Strong and Bold
Re: New major sponsor news [merged]
« Reply #435 on: January 27, 2009, 09:22:10 AM »
do we find out today?
EAT EM ALIVE 2016 TIGERS

Retired to the Bench

richmondrules

« Reply #436 on: January 27, 2009, 10:27:29 AM »
do we find out today?

The million dollar question.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #437 on: January 27, 2009, 06:15:58 PM »
do we find out today?

The million dollar question.

Well it aint today and I doubt it will be tomorrow  ;D

If I was a betting guru I'd say by the end of the week

What odds would Luxbet.com give me  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ramps

« Reply #438 on: January 27, 2009, 06:16:49 PM »
at 6.15pm its not going to be today. I have to say this looks very unprofessional from our part, furthermore, our merchandise etc jumpers are still unavailable. its turning into a farce and a fiasco. the club should pull the finger out and do something. this is now getting beyond a joke.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #439 on: January 27, 2009, 06:25:04 PM »
at 6.15pm its not going to be today. I have to say this looks very unprofessional from our part, furthermore, our merchandise etc jumpers are still unavailable. its turning into a farce and a fiasco. the club should pull the finger out and do something. this is now getting beyond a joke.

Ramps they are doing something - they are negotiating with Luxbet I would think.  ;D

Gotta make sure we get (at a minimum) the same deal from Luxbet that was on offer from Sportsbet...

We had a deal (in principle with Sportsbet) that the AFL scuttled now we have to do the "due dillegence" with the newbie

You've just gotta believe

It will get done  :thumbsup

bushranger

« Reply #440 on: January 27, 2009, 07:07:01 PM »
WilliamPowell I really hope that this one isn't stuffed up by the AFL like the last one.
Maybe just for the AFL we should change our names to Collingwood get the deal done then change it back as quick as we can.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #441 on: January 27, 2009, 08:19:56 PM »
WilliamPowell I really hope that this one isn't stuffed up by the AFL like the last one.

Nah Bushie the AFL will approve this one ..... because their "protected sponsor" TabCorp approves ::)

bushranger

« Reply #442 on: January 27, 2009, 08:26:10 PM »
Thank you Mr. William Powell. :gotigers

richmondrules

« Reply #443 on: January 28, 2009, 07:37:44 AM »

I've heard about 50 different names floating around when it comes to our second sponsor. Hopefully we have a couple of takers who are bidding against each other and we are trying to secure the best deal possible.

Even if it is only Luxbet bidding, from the sounds of it they are reasonably new players in the game. We did all our work with SportsBet and now we need to go through the process with another suitor. What would be unprofessional would be rushing into a deal and not doing our due diligence and ensuring the best deal possible. So it takes an extra week or two. Frankly I don't care if the don't sign until just before the season.

Of course I do care if no one signs, but I doubt the AFL will let this happen. After scuttling a perfectly good deal for us they would look pretty stupid (well more stupid than they already look) if we ended up with no one.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #444 on: January 28, 2009, 09:37:10 PM »

Even if it is only Luxbet bidding, from the sounds of it they are reasonably new players in the game. We did all our work with SportsBet and now we need to go through the process with another suitor. What would be unprofessional would be rushing into a deal and not doing our due diligence and ensuring the best deal possible. So it takes an extra week or two. Frankly I don't care if the don't sign until just before the season.

Exactly  :thumbsup

I still reckon by the end of the week  ;)

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #445 on: January 29, 2009, 04:09:10 PM »

You are on the money willy...as usual.

Luxbet is the one, can confirm we have not been disadvantaged financially by the afl having a lack of testicular fortitude.

Great deal by March and Co. We now have a full compliment of sponsors and merchandise will be available next week.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #446 on: January 29, 2009, 04:37:07 PM »

Luxbet is the one, can confirm we have not been disadvantaged financially by the afl having a lack of testicular fortitude.

Great deal by March and Co. We now have a full compliment of sponsors and merchandise will be available next week.

Excellent heads up blaisee.  Cheers.

Reckon I might get my hand on a new jersey this year.  That way I can update from no sash on the back.  :thumbsup
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #447 on: January 29, 2009, 05:38:19 PM »

Great news :thumbsup. Ta WP and blaisee for the original scoop  :cheers
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #448 on: January 29, 2009, 06:45:15 PM »

hope you're right partner, reckon Luxbet would look just fine on the back of our jumper :thumbsup
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #449 on: January 29, 2009, 06:45:39 PM »

Yes that's the one  :thumbsup  ;)