Author Topic: Richmond vs Melbourne - Round 8, 2013  (Read 13293 times)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
Re: Richmond vs Melbourne - Round 8, 2013
« Reply #165 on: May 19, 2013, 07:09:18 PM »
Every player with a disposal efficiency of less than 75% should have a good hard look at themselves.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #166 on: May 19, 2013, 07:24:48 PM »
Not sure why people thought we would win by 100+ points. Melbourne were always going to flood and make it a scrappy game. They did this well and we didn't handle it that great.
However, glass half full here... we smashed them in possesions, inside 50's, contested posessions, clearances, contested marks, and were relatively even with tackles. The only stat we got murdered was hit outs.
We got game time into Foley, Vlas and Ellis killed them whilst Cotch and Lids were relatively quiet.
If we kicked straight we have got a result that truly reflected the game, 60+ points.

Well said
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #167 on: May 19, 2013, 07:26:35 PM »
never walked away from a win feeling like we lost

thats our worst win in history

Call me crazy but give me the worst ever win in history over the best ever loss any day.

#relax
Go Tigers!

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #168 on: May 19, 2013, 07:39:16 PM »
I've hated every one of Ellis 35 touches because its making a 24 carot nob of my mate big tone  :thumbsup
Very good  :lol
He played very well today, good on him. Shame he didn't drag a few of his mates with him.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #169 on: May 19, 2013, 08:07:56 PM »
Clearances and Orrens ruckwork were a worry.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #170 on: May 19, 2013, 08:15:23 PM »
melbournes rucks nullified ours well at the center bounce by going early and putting the boots in to keep ours out of the contest.

The free that Vickery recieved from the center bounce was an extreme example of their tactic all day
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #171 on: May 19, 2013, 08:40:35 PM »
Not sure why people thought we would win by 100+ points. Melbourne were always going to flood and make it a scrappy game. They did this well and we didn't handle it that great.
However, glass half full here... we smashed them in possesions, inside 50's, contested posessions, clearances, contested marks, and were relatively even with tackles. The only stat we got murdered was hit outs.
We got game time into Foley, Vlas and Ellis killed them whilst Cotch and Lids were relatively quiet.
If we kicked straight we have got a result that truly reflected the game, 60+ points.

Well said
Agree it was the type of hit out I wanted before Dreamtime. A competitive Melbourne that forced us to work rather than a big easy training drill type win. A win like this still keeps the club and players grounded with the knowledge that they still have a long way to go and presents us with a better chance of winning rather than the Dogs type of win we had in round 3 leading into the Magpies game where we were so deficient in so many areas.
With Dempsey and Davey coming in for them next week we'll really need to be up and ready. :thumbsup

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #172 on: May 19, 2013, 08:44:09 PM »

Cotch is playing hampered. Just a seagull atm and his disposal is a worry.
This is the game where we missed a Tuck who with his big battering type of body he would have smashed the Dees mids whilst funnelling the ball out to our less battered blokes.
Lids finally broke away but it seems with Cotch hampered tag Lids and you stifle Richmond atm.

tony_montana

« Reply #173 on: May 19, 2013, 08:50:02 PM »

Cotch is playing hampered. Just a seagull atm and his disposal is a worry.
This is the game where we missed a Tuck who with his big battering type of body he would have smashed the Dees mids whilst funnelling the ball out to our less battered blokes.
Lids finally broke away but it seems with Cotch hampered tag Lids and you stifle Richmond atm.

No Tuck and Conca doing the grunt work is hurting us tucker. I was happy with Cotch today. When he has a bit of time his disposal by foot is sublime, some of those passes to a leading fwd were pin point, his problems start when he starts going for kicks under pressure that are nigh on impossible to execute according to Einsteins law of physics. Needs to improve that area of his decision making  - keep it simple bc trying to hit a target  at a 45 degree angle with the outside of your foot at full pace is bound to end in tears.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #174 on: May 19, 2013, 09:05:10 PM »
spot on MrT but the usual apologist sheep will be on here telling us to move along nothing to see here. Sometimes you have to take a stand and say its just not good enough, nothing less than a win against the roid ragers next week will make up for this poo. Thanks goodness it was the mrs bday today so I didnt go along to the game - wouldve done a stuffing coronary

I'm sure the Tiges missed your support

tony_montana

« Reply #175 on: May 19, 2013, 09:08:41 PM »
spot on MrT but the usual apologist sheep will be on here telling us to move along nothing to see here. Sometimes you have to take a stand and say its just not good enough, nothing less than a win against the roid ragers next week will make up for this poo. Thanks goodness it was the mrs bday today so I didnt go along to the game - wouldve done a stuffing coronary

I'm sure the Tiges missed your support

:ROTFL

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #176 on: May 19, 2013, 09:13:24 PM »
What we got result wise was sadly what I was expecting.

All above the shoulders when we are playing poor sides

That all really  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #177 on: May 19, 2013, 09:21:34 PM »

Well said

X2

Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #178 on: May 19, 2013, 09:22:13 PM »
People aren't giving Melbourne enough credit here. Melbourne came to play today and did not give us any space or time to cleanly depose of the ball. They played man on man across the ground and effectively tagged almost every one of our midfielders. They tackled hard and won and large percentage of stoppages. We weren't off our game - they were just on theirs.

The great part is is that we were able to absorb the pressure and still pull away from them to win by 30+. The bad part is our set shots and McGuane/Nahas/Big O/Foleys poor game. Foley isn't fit enough yet - Arnot should have played until he was ready imo. McGuane was dragged because he was not providing a contest - Choco was hip and shouldering him on the boundary to show him as much Nahas is a waste and the Big O was beaten.

Ellis and Vlaustin were not show the respect of our other midfielders by their direct opponent and as a result showed their ability. Very excited about Tiggas game.

All in all a good hard fought victory.

tony_montana

« Reply #179 on: May 19, 2013, 09:34:24 PM »
People aren't giving Melbourne enough credit here. Melbourne came to play today and did not give us any space or time to cleanly depose of the ball. They played man on man across the ground and effectively tagged almost every one of our midfielders. They tackled hard and won and large percentage of stoppages. We weren't off our game - they were just on theirs.

The great part is is that we were able to absorb the pressure and still pull away from them to win by 30+. The bad part is our set shots and McGuane/Nahas/Big O/Foleys poor game. Foley isn't fit enough yet - Arnot should have played until he was ready imo. McGuane was dragged because he was not providing a contest - Choco was hip and shouldering him on the boundary to show him as much Nahas is a waste and the Big O was beaten.

Ellis and Vlaustin were not show the respect of our other midfielders by their direct opponent and as a result showed their ability. Very excited about Tiggas game.

All in all a good hard fought victory.

So melbourne up and about vs us up and about is about a 5 goal difference stripes? If thats the case then we're well and truly stuffed.   :rollin

We came out with zero intensity and let them grow in confidence and belief as a result. The only time we showed the required intensity was the first 15-20mins of the final qtr when we buried them. If we brought that from the beginning, we wouldve flogged them. - Mindset