Author Topic: Richmond vs Melbourne - Round 8, 2013  (Read 13309 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Richmond vs Melbourne - Round 8, 2013
« Reply #180 on: May 19, 2013, 09:43:28 PM »
Clearances and Orrens ruckwork were a worry.

Cotch is playing hampered. Just a seagull atm and his disposal is a worry.
This is the game where we missed a Tuck who with his big battering type of body he would have smashed the Dees mids whilst funnelling the ball out to our less battered blokes.
Lids finally broke away but it seems with Cotch hampered tag Lids and you stifle Richmond atm.

No Tuck and Conca doing the grunt work is hurting us tucker. I was happy with Cotch today. When he has a bit of time his disposal by foot is sublime, some of those passes to a leading fwd were pin point, his problems start when he starts going for kicks under pressure that are nigh on impossible to execute according to Einsteins law of physics. Needs to improve that area of his decision making  - keep it simple bc trying to hit a target  at a 45 degree angle with the outside of your foot at full pace is bound to end in tears.

Yes whilst that kick in the first quarter to King was sublime to me he just does not have the aura he had last year or early this year and I feel that his knee may be hampering him more than the club is leading on. Still admiring the fact he wants to lead and he's still a star but as I said just feel he is playing restricted.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #181 on: May 19, 2013, 10:14:12 PM »
Just glad they won because it was the first game I was able to make this season  :thumbsup. Not to mention some bloke gave me free tickets outside the stadium that were absolutely sublime

Rampstar

« Reply #182 on: May 19, 2013, 10:25:38 PM »
Whats done is done. I expected a bigger margin but Neeld had his players ready to play today, the were aggressive right throughout the day. They got alot of cheapies from the umps as well IMHO. In the end we got the 4 points and Hardwick will have more than enough ammunition to throw at his players for next week. Nahas is offering us very little - is their a kid at coburg who deserves a chance?

the claw

« Reply #184 on: May 19, 2013, 11:15:36 PM »
more of the same sort of crap from the team today.

a team that has a third of its kicks alone that result in clangers or are ineffective has problems.
a forward line that gets so much ball driven in there and cant convert has real problems.
a backline that leaks so many goals from so few forward 50 entries has problems.
ah well what has changed in any game we have played this yr its same old same old as it was last yr.

people having a go at orren i thought he competed well and at least made it hard for their mids. yes he got beaten.
some wont like this but im having a go at vickery here again. which ever role he plays kpf or ruck he just doesnt look like performing the role well. yes he had a bit of ball today but he didnt look like taking the game apart in the air or impact contests and that is his primary role as a ruck/forward.
the forward line remains a huge concern and rance down back!!!!! my god when will people wake up.. im sorry people but we have to look for better.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #185 on: May 20, 2013, 12:57:39 AM »
Dead set have no idea why you bother watching us. Must be one of the biggest drainers on your life. You also seem to be missing the weeks we do well. Just a small observation.

dwaino

« Reply #186 on: May 20, 2013, 01:42:21 AM »
Dead set have no idea why you bother watching us. Must be one of the biggest drainers on your life. You also seem to be missing the weeks we do well. Just a small observation.

:lol just scroll past like everyone else who doesn't give a stuff about reading dribble :cheers

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #187 on: May 20, 2013, 01:58:15 AM »

:lol just scroll past like everyone else who doesn't give a stuff about reading dribble :cheers

Was trying to help him out. I don't get why you'd put yourself through it every week if you hate it so much. Meh  :cheers

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #188 on: May 20, 2013, 06:16:34 AM »
Felt like we only did just enough to win. Kicking for goal very poor. Ty missed three gettable shots, Grigg mised one as well. If we kicked accurately game would have been over by half time. Didn't captialize on their errors as well. Thought Ellis was outstanding and Brett was good as well. Liked Dustin's game- went forward after being quiet and kicked three important goals. Alot of players drifted in and out during the game. Positive didnt play our best and won. Need real improvement for next week. McGuane needs to be dropped.

gerkin greg

« Reply #189 on: May 20, 2013, 10:14:38 AM »
Meltdown when Tiges win by 5 goals

how we going? tl;dr the threads

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #190 on: May 20, 2013, 11:00:54 AM »
I wonder if the Geelong version of OER went into meltdown when they only beat the dogs by 21 pts in round 5.
Unleash the tornado

gerkin greg

« Reply #191 on: May 20, 2013, 11:08:00 AM »
Do they have the internet in Geelong?  :huh

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #192 on: May 20, 2013, 11:11:22 AM »
So melbourne up and about vs us up and about is about a 5 goal difference stripes? If thats the case then we're well and truly stuffed.   :rollin

We came out with zero intensity and let them grow in confidence and belief as a result. The only time we showed the required intensity was the first 15-20mins of the final qtr when we buried them. If we brought that from the beginning, we wouldve flogged them. - Mindset

We were the hunted and kept our game plan stable. They went almost purely defensive. It was always going to be a grind. In the first quarter they flooded our backline with every single one of their players. They made kicking goals for either team very difficult. They made sure that whatever the result it would not be a blow out.

We could have taken our opportunities in front of goal more but even that was difficult because they filled the space and forced us wide and up field.

If a team goes purely defensive and plays a hard lock down game of a combination of man on man across the field plus flood when we go into our F50, I don't care what team you are - you will not be able to score heavily.

Could our intensity have been higher - yes probably, I concede that point. If we have any chance of beating the Dons this Saturday we need to change our mindset like you say.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #193 on: May 20, 2013, 03:36:21 PM »
Tigers show poise under pressure
richmondfc.com.au
Monday, May 20, 2013

“It was always going to be a tough game.  They’d been down for a while and they were always going to fight hard, and they did,” Daniel Jackson told ‘Roar Vision’ post-match.

“They brought it to us early and we just had to chip away . . .

“Look, I’m sure there are some frustrated fans . . . many people wanted us to win by 10 goals.  But, in the end, I think you’ve got to respect any opposition.

“We did that, we chipped away and a six-goal win, and four points, is a good achievement . . .

“In the past, our young, inexperienced side probably would have panicked, lacked a bit of composure with the ball, and been yelling at each other.  But it felt very calm out there. And, if we want to be a great side, that’s what we’ve got to do.

“We’re getting older, we’re learning, guys have played more games, we’re more mature, the leaders are stepping up, and it certainly felt like we were in control.”

Read the full article here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-05-20/tigers-show-poise-under-pressure

Offline unplugged

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #194 on: May 20, 2013, 04:27:56 PM »
more of the same sort of crap from the team today.

a team that has a third of its kicks alone that result in clangers or are ineffective has problems.
a forward line that gets so much ball driven in there and cant convert has real problems.
a backline that leaks so many goals from so few forward 50 entries has problems.
ah well what has changed in any game we have played this yr its same old same old as it was last yr.

people having a go at orren i thought he competed well and at least made it hard for their mids. yes he got beaten.
some wont like this but im having a go at vickery here again. which ever role he plays kpf or ruck he just doesnt look like performing the role well. yes he had a bit of ball today but he didnt look like taking the game apart in the air or impact contests and that is his primary role as a ruck/forward.
the forward line remains a huge concern and rance down back!!!!! my god when will people wake up.. im sorry people but we have to look for better.

I agree with the content if not necessarily the tone of the above.  But I understand the frustration.  We need to expect and demand more.  We wouldn't have beaten too many teams on Sunday with this performance.  The sad thing was, Hardwick built up Melbourne all week trying to protect himself if we lost.  We went in trying not to lose the game rather than showing them the contempt they deserve and attacking.  Unbelievable attitude considering who we were playing and the results showed.  We weren't far off losing either.  Melbourne were just that bad that they were incapable of winning.

Vickery playing on the third tall should be dominating.  His opponents are always a head shorter than him yet he can't take a mark unless its lace out in front of him.  Even then, he can't kick a goal.  How many chances does one guy need to step up and deliver something.  A few cheap kicks on the wing doesn't make up for this.  Rance's disposal and decision making is horrifically predictable to watch.  Foley, Edwards, Batchelor were terrible as well. Probably could add a few more to that list.

Was a very poor, defensive game against a side that will battle it out with the bulldogs and gws for the spoon.  If we played like this against GCS, we would have lost.