Author Topic: Tim Taranto [merged]  (Read 45470 times)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tim Taranto officially a Tiger [merged]
« Reply #270 on: May 11, 2023, 07:47:20 PM »
Well well well, looks like wines is ranked lower than Taranto. Any peep from old mate Cornes about wines’ lack of impact?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #271 on: May 12, 2023, 11:36:51 PM »
Game high 28 disposals, 6 clearances plus 12 tackles (double the next best from either team) for Timmy.

28 disposals (17k, 11h, 13c, 13u, 50% eff.)
3 marks
12 tackles
6 clearances (2 centre clearances)
3 inside 50s
313 metres gained
3 intercepts
4 score involvements
87% time on ground

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #272 on: May 12, 2023, 11:44:09 PM »
Great player but OMG his kicking is so bad

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #273 on: May 13, 2023, 05:38:29 AM »
Find someone that looks at you this way...

https://twitter.com/Richmond_FC/status/1657019923376353280

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #274 on: May 13, 2023, 09:33:48 AM »
Gee 12 tackles too, double the next player on the ground

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #275 on: May 13, 2023, 10:10:10 AM »
What a beast

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #276 on: May 13, 2023, 04:19:57 PM »
Yep , I see a glass half full , glad he is at Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
 ;D

‘Maybe 149’: Taranto’s perfect response to Cornes question amid backlash

Fox Sports
May 13th, 2023

Richmond star Tim Taranto has silenced his critics and delivered a subtle jab to media pundit Kane Cornes after Friday night’s victory over Geelong at the MCG.

Taranto played a starring role during Richmond’s 24-point victory over reigning premiers Geelong finishing with 28 disposals, 12 tackles and six clearances.

Speaking to 3AW after the final siren, the midfielder was asked whether he believed he was now one of the league’s 150 top players.

“Oh hopefully, maybe 149,” Taranto said.

“I’m pretty happy with how I’m playing. I’m playing my role each week for the team and giving it a red-hot crack every week and I’m loving it. I’m loving my time here at the Tigers.

“We just wanted to give it a red-hot crack tonight … everybody has still got belief and tonight it showed.”

Taranto signed for Richmond after a six-year stint with the Giants, where he played 114 games since 2017, admitting he was expecting a bit of backlash following his decision to switch clubs.

“I knew it was a part of it. I knew it might come at different stages,” the 25-year-old said.

“I’ve just been trying to keep my head down and get to work.

“I’ve had great support from all the boys getting around me, Dimma’s backing me up, so I’m trying not to take too much notice of it.”

Triple-premiership star Dustin Martin kicked four goals for Richmond on Friday, while former captain Trent Cotchin stepped up with three majors as the Tigers emerged 16.6 (102) to 11.12 (78) victors.

“I think I certainly have got a lot of belief (in the players) and I think the playing group are starting to feel that little heartbeat come back,” Hardwick told reporters in the post-match press conference.

“It looked Richmond-like – dirty goals, the way we got the ball to ground, and the way they charged in.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-news-2023-tim-taranto-perfect-response-to-kane-cornes-question-richmond-tigers-defeat-geelong-cats-score-video/news-story/f4fbc5f7a74dc3c51fcfcc2a4560cf4e

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #278 on: May 15, 2023, 12:46:36 AM »
It [Friday night] was the sixth time in nine games so far this season that Taranto has recorded the most, or equal most, disposals by a Richmond player.

He’s also had the most, or equal most, contested possessions by a Tiger five times.

“I’m pretty happy with how I’m playing,” he told 3AW in a post-game interview.

“I’m playing my role each week for the team and giving it a red-hot crack every week.

“I’m loving it, loving my time here at the Tiges.”

Taranto is averaging 30.3 disposals, 13.4 contested possessions, 4.3 marks, 7.3 tackles, 6.6 clearances, 4.1 inside-50s, 6.3 score involvements and 397.9 metres gained per match in his debut season with Richmond.

He is ranked third in the competition for disposals, fourth for tackles and eighth for contested possessions.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1331710/taranto-thriving-at-tigerland

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #279 on: May 15, 2023, 10:09:09 AM »
What I really admire about Taranto outside of his accumulation is he’s a running tackling machine!

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #280 on: May 15, 2023, 06:43:33 PM »
Agree, the positives out weigh the perceived negatives

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #281 on: May 16, 2023, 02:47:19 PM »
"He's an effective AFL footballer but until he fixes that he won't be an elite player."

Kane Cornes on the area of the game Tim Taranto still needs to improve.

https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1658106309017755654

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #282 on: May 16, 2023, 05:35:54 PM »
id like to see who is the other 72 in front of him.

where is that list?

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #283 on: May 16, 2023, 06:34:23 PM »
"He's an effective AFL footballer but until he fixes that he won't be an elite player."

Kane Cornes on the area of the game Tim Taranto still needs to improve.

https://twitter.com/FootyonNine/status/1658106309017755654

I agree with some of what Knobhead is saying

A few times going forward recently he has completely butchered passes to open teammates inside 50

But there is also plenty of good in what he brings to the table

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Tim Taranto on his weekly critic- "Sure His Boss is Happy"
« Reply #284 on: May 17, 2023, 09:26:27 PM »
Sure his boss is happy’: Tiger admits he’s ‘not a very good kick’ — but hits back at ’weekly’ critic

May 17th, 2023 3:30 pm

Richmond star Tim Taranto is the first to concede he’s not a great kick but has hit back at “disappointing” levels of personal criticism from former Port Adelaide star Kane Cornes, declaring he was shocked by the focus on him.

Last week, Tigers coach Damien Hardwick called Cornes, a premiership teammate, to voice his frustration with continued attacks on Taranto, who Cornes said was not in the top 150 players in the league.

Hardwick then went public with his attack, declaring Cornes, who works in various media roles on radio and TV, was only over-analysing Taranto, who crossed to Richmond from GWS on a seven-year deal, for “clicks”.

On Wednesday, Taranto, who is fourth in the AFL for disposals in 2023 and top 10 for contested possessions, clearances and tackles, declared he was shocked by the level of personal criticism, having played his first six seasons in Sydney.

He said Cornes had a “narrative” he was trying to push as part of his various roles, and while Taranto conceded he had things to work on, he found the focus on him disappointing.

“It’s been a bit of a shock … it seems like it’s coming week by week now and I’ve kind of gotten used to Kane’s comments,” Taranto said.

“He’s got a narrative and he’s going hard at it. Now he’s going to analyse and find thing to back up his points, which he is allowed to do, he’s allowed to have an opinion and allowed to read stats and whatnot.

“Good on him and I’m sure his boss is very happy with him and I can’t argue with what he’s saying. Just let him say what he wants.”

Taranto said Cornes and other media pundits could use stats and vision “to make anyone look good or bad”, and the support of Hardwick and his teammates, and back-to-back Richmond wins, made Cornes’ attacks less potent.

“I mean, what he‘s saying is not entirely wrong. Like I’m not a very good kick. I’m not gonna try and say I am. It’s definitely a part of my game I need to work on, there’s no doubt about that,” he told RSN.

“But it’s disappointing. I feel like I’m doing some other things pretty well.

“And I guess you know, you can find numbers and you can find narratives and things on certain players to make anyone look good or anyone look bad. It’s not very hard to do.

“I understand what he’s saying. It’s just disappointing that that’s all that’s been focused on.

“I’ve been backed out really well from Dimma and the midfield coaches and boys as well. They’ve gotten around me really hard and supported me. It’s not like it’s a tough time or anything, what Kane has been saying, because I haven’t really experienced that type of criticism before.

“Everyone’s gonna have lovers and haters. It’s just part of the game and something I’ve accepted and just gotta get through.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/sure-his-bosses-are-happy-tiger-admits-hes-not-a-very-good-kick-but-hits-back-at-weekly-critic/news-story/7c3c5f6c06f036a0a39cc1d4b1702e5c
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)