Author Topic: Are you content with our year to date in light of recent wins?  (Read 2981 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
Vote up.

Where is the club heading and are you content with 2014?
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Are you content with our year to date in light of recent wins?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 08:07:17 PM »
I voted for "it depends if we make the finals or not".
Surely if we make the finals coming from 3-10 most here would be content.
If you expected to be top 4, you were overestimating how good the team really is.
As claw says, we a re a middle of the road team. Making the finals from a poor start would be something a Richmond team has rarely done before (or any team for that matter).
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 08:15:36 PM »
Winning a final should be an option, that's what I think the bottom line is.

Just making them means nothing.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 08:47:25 PM »
The answer is clearly no Big Fella.
We totally ****ed up the first half of the season but if can we dig ourselves out of this sh** and make finals then that'd be something that's never been done before so there's a heap of merit in that.
 If we can handle the big occasion this week and win , then beat St.Kilda and then take it up to Sydney ( even if we miss finals ) I'll be closer to thinking we're on the right track.If we fold like a deck of cards in any of the next three games as we usually do then I couldn't give a **** about these 6 wins in a row.
 The good teams just bring it every week.

Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

tony_montana

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 08:49:28 PM »
The answer is clearly no Big Fella.
We totally ****ed up the first half of the season but if can we dig ourselves out of this sh** and make finals then that'd be something that's never been done before so there's a heap of merit in that.
 If we can handle the big occasion this week and win , then beat St.Kilda and then take it up to Sydney ( even if we miss finals ) I'll be closer to thinking we're on the right track.If we fold like a deck of cards in any of the next three games as we usually do then I couldn't give a **** about these 6 wins in a row.
 The good teams just bring it every week.

qft

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 09:32:46 PM »
Who knows?

I like the latest talk from the club that they've raised the standards at training etc.
I like that they won't reward the youngsters unless they "earn" the senior call up & the right to wear the jumper but it would be better if this was the norm for the mature players also.
We will find out more during trade period too if these higher standards have extended to the recruitment department and we can only hope that development have raised their standards also.

We only can judge it by what we see and in the last six weeks there has been some definite improvements but I'm not completely satisfied yet, but it's a step in the right direction.

I only hope this year is the wake up call they really needed to finally rid the club of the culture of mediocrity. I hope we all can achieve the success we all crave and this isn't another false dawn.
Let's all learn from BJ's example and project some positive vibes at seasons end and maybe we can all celebrate another finals appearance soon.   :shh
The club that keeps giving.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 10:08:18 PM »
Ask me that question in three weeks  ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 10:12:51 PM »
Who knows?

I like the latest talk from the club that they've raised the standards at training etc.
I like that they won't reward the youngsters unless they "earn" the senior call up & the right to wear the jumper but it would be better if this was the norm for the mature players also.
We will find out more during trade period too if these higher standards have extended to the recruitment department and we can only hope that development have raised their standards also.

We only can judge it by what we see and in the last six weeks there has been some definite improvements but I'm not completely satisfied yet, but it's a step in the right direction.

I only hope this year is the wake up call they really needed to finally rid the club of the culture of mediocrity. I hope we all can achieve the success we all crave and this isn't another false dawn.
Let's all learn from BJ's example and project some positive vibes at seasons end and maybe we can all celebrate another finals appearance soon.   :shh

Much.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2014, 10:21:51 PM »
 :sleep topics been done to death

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 10:41:20 PM »
I voted yes I reckon its been good for the club to realise we're not that strong a list.   I suppose I might have said undecided until next year's draft.   A bunch of average AFL standard players and 6 good ones.  We need more good ones and wasting top draft picks on hack ruckmen is not the way to go

the claw

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 11:20:49 PM »
at the end of last yr i was pretty  adamant that we must stay in rebuild mode by cutting reasonably heavy and continuing to take a good share of kids. i argued we were a middling side despite having just played in a final.

ffs have we improved on last yr??  have players been better no freakin way?? . we have gone backwards despite some face saving wins against mainly ordinary or badly out of form sides.
and we have done it on the back of the same players who constanly are left holding the can.

miles apart what juniors have come thru and said yep i belong here.

i wasnt content last yr why the heck would i be content this yr when for the greater part of it they have been a rabble.

the current list may well scrape into finals this yr or even next yr. the problem is its just as likely to finish bottom 2 or 4 because far too much is left to far too few to carry the load. far too many if not duds borderline duds who cant sustain any sort of momentum because their deficiencies just wont allow it.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 12:02:28 AM »
at the end of last yr i was pretty  adamant that we must stay in rebuild mode by cutting reasonably heavy and continuing to take a good share of kids. i argued we were a middling side despite having just played in a final.

ffs have we improved on last yr??  have players been better no freakin way?? . we have gone backwards despite some face saving wins against mainly ordinary or badly out of form sides.
and we have done it on the back of the same players who constanly are left holding the can.

miles apart what juniors have come thru and said yep i belong here.

i wasnt content last yr why the heck would i be content this yr when for the greater part of it they have been a rabble.

the current list may well scrape into finals this yr or even next yr. the problem is its just as likely to finish bottom 2 or 4 because far too much is left to far too few to carry the load. far too many if not duds borderline duds who cant sustain any sort of momentum because their deficiencies just wont allow it.
Sometimes you are too pessimistic claw.  Lighten up and enjoy the footy mate. We will not finish bottom 2 next year.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 03:41:26 PM »
No way we could finish bottom 4

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 03:56:34 PM »
The focus this off-season has to be addressing the losses and why they happened, not kidding ourselves yet again that we're "really not that far away" because we came home with a wet sail once the pressure was off.
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2014, 04:00:40 PM »
No, I am still at a loss at how really awful we were at the start of the year.
Can never forgive them that game against Melbourne, we wont make finals and dont deserve too on that alone.

That said had a ball the last 6 weeks and not just because we're winning but te way we are playing.
Just hope to god they learnt a lesson that burns deep into next year and we are ready to go round 1.

I dont expect miracles and sure we will have dropouts along the way, but once again that sheight put up earlier this year UNACCEPTABLE.

Still hoping  :pray

:gotigers