Author Topic: Time for Tigers of old to return - Caro  (Read 4630 times)

Ramps

Re: Time for Tigers of old to return - Caro
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2008, 09:26:06 AM »
Maybe Wright felt that Miller could handle Football with Wallace, its quite obvious that that hasnt worked. Wright could have taken the course of action he did if he had someone like Neil Balme as Football Operations Manager, wherever Balme has gone, success has followed. He should be at Richmond. Anyway its time for change at Punt Rd. The entire football department needs to be turned over.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2008, 09:51:46 AM »
This debate about ex players of the past 2 decades returning is an absolute joke.  They were no good then and did jack shitzen as players. They should NOT be allowed to return to the club in any capacity in my opinion. 
Those who think that getting blokes like Chris Naish and Duncan Kellaway back to Tigerland is somehow going to inspire some sort of huge lift from the players are kidding themselves!!!!
I think at the end of the day you hire a coach who has the respect of the playing group and draft the right players.  Its as simple as that.  You also dont keep players who constantly fail at the top level i.e Tivendale, JON, even dare I say Richo (we will never win a premiership while he is playing) and I love the bloke.  In 08 he should be playing off the bench and allowing a new structure to settle. 
But back to coaching and match committee.  Miller needs to walk, Wallace should see out his contract unless we can get Sheeds with a young mentor in place like Hardwick who has an agreement in place to transition in say 3 years time to ensure things go smoothly and there is no blood letting. 
In saying this I am not writing of 2008 just yet, If we can win today we are 2-2 and back in it.  The Geelong game is the only game we cannot win in the next few weeks if we win today. Confidence is a wonderful thing. 

Tigermonk

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2008, 10:43:37 AM »
why is the Geelong game not winable thats rubbish. Any team is beatable in any game regardless of who they are.
Caro has been writing alot lately cause she knows the s h i t is about to hit the fan in a few more rounds. ;D
MT great peice about her father who helped crash the club & was busy making sure he got paid while the club was losing money.  :thumbsup
l know why Caro is writing about wanting ex players coming back to the club   ;D : cause she knows there are a few who are about to get the ass after this season cause Gary although being very quite is infact stoking the fire & is heating his hot poker cause his already talking to replacements of many positions & even that Stevie is doing a good job, he be off to venture in other buisness as his job is done
one other thing is l'm astounded how many Richmond listed players are playing Coburg 2nds is a sign Miller really got it wrong. Cya Greg back to North you go & King going with you  :lol

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2008, 11:06:09 AM »
Caro should not be writing anything on Richmond. EVER with regards to financial mismanagement, list management. Why? Totally agree with the posters who refer to her forgotten years of mention, the final 3 years of her father's presidency at Punt Rd and the litany of mistakes he made. Jack Dyer once said to him "I hope you public school poofter don't stuff up my footy club". Well he did his best to get that off to a best possible start in 1983. Caro should be the last person to write about the tigers after her family connection to the club. She should also get off the high moral ground and actually start writing genuine pieces of sports journalism as she did years ago rather than writing sensationalist tripe on the Tigers that ultimately is crap.

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2008, 11:10:51 AM »
Caro should not be writing anything on Richmond. EVER with regards to financial mismanagement, list management. Why? Totally agree with the posters who refer to her forgotten years of mention, the final 3 years of her father's presidency at Punt Rd and the litany of mistakes he made. Jack Dyer once said to him "I hope you public school poofter don't stuff up my footy club". Well he did his best to get that off to a best possible start in 1983. Caro should be the last person to write about the tigers after her family connection to the club. She should also get off the high moral ground and actually start writing genuine pieces of sports journalism as she did years ago rather than writing sensationalist tripe on the Tigers that ultimately is crap.

Not really a Caro fan but why condemn her for the ills of her father.

There are a few of us who would not be happy to judged on the actions of our forebears.

:(

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2008, 11:23:17 AM »
She keeps writing articles on how slack we are as a club how we have failed on and off field for so long. Her father contributed to that yet she makes no reference to that. It is "slightly hypocritical". Its not condemning her it is merely a question that she has never answered and in her position she should at least recognise it. Why is her fathers presidency in the last few years not worthy of any reference? Does she want us to suppress that and no reference perhaps suggests a reason for us to conveniently forget her fathers ills? The crap all started with him under his presiding.
As for ppl not happy to be judged by actions of their forbears I understand how they would feel but I would certainly not carry on passing the buck to someone else and neglecting to mention my forbears ills as if it never occurred nor would I be happy to convict and slaughter subsequent administrations and position of public authority to condemn them whilst conveniently forgetting the Sins of the Father. Isn't moving forward a form of forgiving of past admins accepting what has hapenned and moving on? Obviously not in Caro's case. Caro's articles are beyond a joke. Hypocritical to say the least!!!!!!!!

Ox

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2008, 11:28:58 AM »
She keeps writing articles on how slack we are as a club how we have failed on and off field for so long. Her father contributed to that yet she makes no reference to that. It is "slightly hypocritical". Its not condemning her it is merely a question that she has never answered and in her position she should at least recognise it. Why is her fathers presidency in the last few years not worthy of any reference? Does she want us to suppress that and no reference perhaps suggests a reason for us to conveniently forget her fathers ills? The crap all started with him under his presiding.
As for ppl not happy to be judged by actions of their forbears I understand how they would feel but I would certainly not carry on passing the buck to someone else and neglecting to mention my forbears ills as if it never occurred nor would I be happy to convict and slaughter subsequent administrations and position of public authority to condemn them whilst conveniently forgetting the Sins of the Father. Isn't moving forward a form of forgiving of past admins accepting what has hapenned and moving on? Obviously not in Caro's case. Caro's articles are beyond a joke. Hypocritical to say the least!!!!!!!!

love it! :thumbsup

Tigermonk

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2008, 12:22:28 PM »
 :thumbsup HT74

Little Jackie

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2008, 12:55:25 PM »
What the article indicates is that things arent right at Punt Road, actually far from it, as a lot of posters here would agree on. Whether Caro is right or wrong is irrelevant I think, but it does re enforce there is a problem
If people think that things are ok, they have there head in the sand.

Ox

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2008, 01:39:03 PM »
Whether Caro is right or wrong is irrelevant I think, but it does re enforce there is a problem

Obviously.....there is a problem Jak. :lol

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2008, 02:18:27 PM »

Move along people, no problems at tigerland

What you talkin about barbrady, sit down and shutup ..... 

:rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2008, 04:12:38 PM »
:clapping
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2008, 04:22:12 PM »

Ian Wilson was last president in 1985, 23 years ago.

History surely.

:-\

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2008, 04:40:15 PM »
What the article indicates is that things arent right at Punt Road, actually far from it, as a lot of posters here would agree on. Whether Caro is right or wrong is irrelevant I think, but it does re enforce there is a problem
If people think that things are ok, they have there head in the sand.
But Caro isn't pointing the finger at Wallace unlike others in the media. It's more Miller (fair enough), Steve Wright (cheap shot by Caro) and the board that she is having a go at. She's still bitter over the 2004 elections.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2008, 07:26:07 PM »
Caro thanks but no thanks :wallywink