Author Topic: Martin Asked to Leave Restaurant / Apologises to Female Patron  (Read 196252 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Martin Asked to Leave Restaurant / Apologises to Female Patron
« Reply #495 on: December 11, 2015, 09:00:37 PM »
Mongrel Mob

Surely he's not that tasteless.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #496 on: December 11, 2015, 09:01:25 PM »
Because she was expecting the RFC would rollover and accept a massive penalty, if DM had form like say Darren Millane who used to bash pub patrons for kicks , then sure, throw him to the wolves.
That he s never been in this kinda strife before, and the incident stopped short of an assault , this has gone out of control with the media lynch mob after DM coz he has neck tattoos and his dad's a bikie. No other explanation

X2. Who is his Dad with?

S of A for Rebels NSW , used to be good Maltese club , not anymore

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #497 on: December 11, 2015, 09:04:55 PM »
Please.

I will raise my kids not to approach anyone who is drunk especially on a saturday night. I will then ask they dont watch their every move then feel you need to say something.

gee how comforting...

So if your wife came home after a night out with some friends and told you some drunken yobo had been carrying on like a goose and she asked them to keep it down and they came over abused her, threatened her you'd tell her she should have minded her own business and she deserved it?

Or if your someone from your family was the train home and some drug head just out of the blue picked them out and started abusing and threatening them for no reason and they told you about it would you say they deserve that too?

re: my wife 100% she wouldnt even dare approach a drunk man so there is no point even discussing it. She is not stupid you see.

Well actually now that we are telling stories an ice addict approached my car at a set of lights he was crossing. Tried to open the door whilst swearing at my window, then as my car drove off he punched the door leaving damage. Front seat empty kids in the back

The thing is i dont blame the addict, i blame the car in front of me who felt he needed to provoke him by saying something to him while he was crossing. Guess who he thought was abusing him? Me. I assume because he was that high.

All this would not have happened if the dumb idiot in front of me hadn't opened his stupid mouth, then the gutless stuff didnt hang around and assist instead drove off.

Whilst your friend may have not been doing anything and didnt deserve it, a lot of times people create these issues when all they need to do is STFU, walk away or call someone who is more trained to deal with these situation.

As each day drags on the more this girl can get stuffed and go back to Sydney with Caitlin Jenner.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #498 on: December 11, 2015, 09:09:38 PM »
A good lawyer will pick the eyes through the bs. I'm sure RFC know that
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #499 on: December 11, 2015, 09:18:43 PM »
Because she was expecting the RFC would rollover and accept a massive penalty, if DM had form like say Darren Millane who used to bash pub patrons for kicks , then sure, throw him to the wolves.
That he s never been in this kinda strife before, and the incident stopped short of an assault , this has gone out of control with the media lynch mob after DM coz he has neck tattoos and his dad's a bikie. No other explanation

X2. Who is his Dad with?

Really didn't know that

Who cares

Met him few times, great bloke to chat to.  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #500 on: December 11, 2015, 09:22:01 PM »
Mongrel Mob

Surely he's not that tasteless.

No joke cuz I vouched for him eh....
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #501 on: December 11, 2015, 09:22:50 PM »

X2. Who is his Dad with?

Really didn't know that

Who cares

Me either that's why I asked, very surprised........yes it is still a great club :shh :thumbsup

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #502 on: December 11, 2015, 09:25:03 PM »

and what if your auntie had balls? She'd be your uncle, right?

FFS! what ifs??!!

What? Lost me

What about being able to identify dangerous situations and being able to avoid them, rather than inflame them. It is one of lifes basic skills for self presevation, but more and more, and in particular with women, it actaully being encouraged to do the exact opposite.

If someone I knew and cared for had done what this thing had, i would be pointing out that what she did was akin to grabbing a tiger by the tale and was not the smartest course of action. Hailing a drunk person to your side like the queen of sheeba and then chastising them is not ever going to be included in "how to placidly deal with drunks 101"
It would however be right near the top of "how to pick a fight with a drunk on the sly 101"

It has nothing to do with saying she deserved it, but her actions greatly influenced the situation, and if there is any substance to these eye witness accounts, much more so than her original statements led us all to believe.

Yes Her actions may have influenced the situation, actually there is a case to say they may inflamed the situation but it still doesn't justify what Dusty did; it doesn't make it right. And that has been one of of my points all along

And BTW a number people on here have said that she deserved what happened it is all her fault because she approached him.

...and why you would throw;
And what if they didn't say anything and just copped it for being in the wrong place at the wrong time?
into the conversation? It is truly bewildering, as that is then a completely different scenario, and is clearly not the case here. It seems , like the media, you have an agenda to pursue and are willing to throw out red herrings and furthies to keep the barrow rolling in the direction you want.

Why? Because reading through this thread it would appear that it wouldn't matter what the scenario, it would be the person at the end of the verbal barrage who's to blame rather than person dishing it out. Was hoping to get a clear indication that wasn't the case

I have no agenda here. I am and have always been a great supporter of Dusty on this forum. Remember the contract saga when so many wanted him out of the club, I didn't, supported him. Backed him into stay. I am a huge supporter of his, always have been, always will be.

But he not perfect....

So just because I refuse to not hold him blameless here doesn't mean I don't support him or means I have some hidden agenda. Contrary to what a number of people have posted He is not blameless in this whole mess

all that comment does is muddy the waters, even more. this Tracy thing was not just an innocent bystander, she has to take responsibility for her actions too, just as dusty does.

Nor is it a case of her actions may have inflamed the situation, it is a case of they did. It is how much so is the unknown. It could also be argued that her actions created the situation, as it is highly unlikely Martin would have given her a second glance if she had taken a different course of action. A mate of mine reckons that for most multi car accidents it takes 2 acts of stupidity, and that applies perfectly here.

if we are to believe some of these eye witness accounts then she is either about as dumb to the ways of the world as you can get, or she set set out deliberately antagonise him.

and I'll tell you one thing, male or female, if you deliberately set out to antagonise drunks, then someone where along the line you will experience a violent reaction.

That is not any attempt to justify such a response, just an understanding of the way things work. Just because people believe in how things should be, that doesn't change the reality of how things are.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #503 on: December 11, 2015, 09:26:59 PM »

X2. Who is his Dad with?

Really didn't know that

Who cares

Yes Shane is a good bloke , times ar e a changing though , there's still a few Abela's & Abdullahas & Vella's etc but being overrun by others

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #504 on: December 11, 2015, 09:35:13 PM »

all that comment does is muddy the waters, even more. this Tracy thing was not just an innocent bystander, she has to take responsibility for her actions too, just as dusty does.

Nor is it a case of her actions may have inflamed the situation, it is a case of they did. It is how much so is the unknown. It could also be argued that her actions created the situation, as it is highly unlikely Martin would have given her a second glance if she had taken a different course of action. A mate of mine reckons that for most multi car accidents it takes 2 acts of stupidity, and that applies perfectly here.

if we are to believe some of these eye witness accounts then she is either about as dumb to the ways of the world as you can get, or she set set out deliberately antagonise him.

and I'll tell you one thing, male or female, if you deliberately set out to antagonise drunks, then someone where along the line you will experience a violent reaction.

That is not any attempt to justify such a response, just an understanding of the way things work. Just because people believe in how things should be, that doesn't change the reality of how things are.

Get your point

and without wanting to sound condescending that is a very good post, explains a different view point really well, no rhetoric  :thumbsup

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #505 on: December 11, 2015, 09:37:38 PM »
I'll play devils advocate here and say this. Why is her approaching Martin instead of the cops/management a bad thing? Maybe she had genuinely good intentions of giving him a heads up to pull his head in so someone else didn't end up going to the cops/managment and smearing his name. It was stupid no doubt seeing as Martin was drunk, but surely Martin has to be man enough to think "damn, maybe I am being a bit over the top" and just tone him self down. If he did that chances are no one would of heard a bleep out of this.

.... Cause the cops are not going to 'approach' mr martin ... For being a chopstick walrus ... In the diner he part owns?

Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #506 on: December 11, 2015, 09:38:07 PM »

Yes Shane is a good bloke , times ar e a changing though , there's still a few Abela's & Abdullahas & Vella's etc but being overrun by others

Agree about Shane, really good bloke. Scary to look at though, those face Tatts  :rollin

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #507 on: December 11, 2015, 09:42:35 PM »

X2. Who is his Dad with?

Really didn't know that

Who cares

It's still staunch.  ;). Don't believe the press.

"Rucks:

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #508 on: December 11, 2015, 09:46:52 PM »
Then the LORD said to Dusty, “Where is Abel your old man?” He said, “I do not know; am I my father's keeper?”
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #509 on: December 11, 2015, 10:59:43 PM »
TBH if my daughters came home and told me they asked a drunk man to be quiet I would have told them that that was a very stupid thing to do. Drunk people do not understand reason. There is no point confronting them as long as you have a choice not to. If a drunk person is disturbing you at your gathering then alert management and let them deal with the issue. If they refuse to do anything, my advice would be to leave. People who are drunk or are on drugs often do not know what they are doing. If my daughters did what that Ch7 producer did, I'd be horrified and upset with their stupidity. Imagine if this person was your usual unknown, you would never be able to do anything about it and you just don't know what they were really capable of. And that's the truth.

Imma call you out on that one, I think that's rubbish. You'd support your daughters to the absolute fullest, regardless of the circumstances, like many are calling for the club to do with dusty.

Just one quick point. Whilst I agree with the people needing street smarts, assessing situations, destressing scenarios and avoiding dangerous ones, isn't it a poor reflection on society that the drunk trouble maker walks away not realising the danger he's put everyone in by getting him/herserf that innibriated, whilst the bystanders are the ones who have to diffuse all the potential dangers. The perpetrator doesn't feel any negative effects other than a filthy hangover and a wry grin whilst the retelling of the previous nights events are exposed; the rest of us have to put up with the status quo simply because its the smarter way to do things.