Author Topic: Martin Asked to Leave Restaurant / Apologises to Female Patron  (Read 196252 times)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
Re: Martin Asked to Leave Restaurant / Apologises to Female Patron
« Reply #510 on: December 11, 2015, 11:13:56 PM »
Who's Imma?
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #511 on: December 11, 2015, 11:48:34 PM »
TBH if my daughters came home and told me they asked a drunk man to be quiet I would have told them that that was a very stupid thing to do. Drunk people do not understand reason. There is no point confronting them as long as you have a choice not to. If a drunk person is disturbing you at your gathering then alert management and let them deal with the issue. If they refuse to do anything, my advice would be to leave. People who are drunk or are on drugs often do not know what they are doing. If my daughters did what that Ch7 producer did, I'd be horrified and upset with their stupidity. Imagine if this person was your usual unknown, you would never be able to do anything about it and you just don't know what they were really capable of. And that's the truth.

Imma call you out on that one, I think that's rubbish. You'd support your daughters to the absolute fullest, regardless of the circumstances, like many are calling for the club to do with dusty.

Just one quick point. Whilst I agree with the people needing street smarts, assessing situations, destressing scenarios and avoiding dangerous ones, isn't it a poor reflection on society that the drunk trouble maker walks away not realising the danger he's put everyone in by getting him/herserf that innibriated, whilst the bystanders are the ones who have to diffuse all the potential dangers. The perpetrator doesn't feel any negative effects other than a filthy hangover and a wry grin whilst the retelling of the previous nights events are exposed; the rest of us have to put up with the status quo simply because its the smarter way to do things.

FFS, that is a ridiculous post!!!!!
How can you call what I would do rubbish? You don't know me. You don't know how I think and behave around my daughters.  You forget that in this situation nobody got hurt or even touched!!! So even though I would support them in a way, I would tell them they they have learn't nothing that I have taught them over the years. You do not discipline someone else especially if they are drunk. You are only going to cause trouble for yourself.
And you are dead wong about the rest of your post. I already suggested other ways of dealing with the problem that do not put yourself in danger. The drunk person doesn't have to walk away unpunished. Get the restaurant management to handle the drunk. If he is more of an issue, call the police. He won't have a wry smile then.

Please don't try to pretend you know what I would really do.  I was asked what I would do and I answered it honestly.  I don't need you to call it rubbish. It may not be that you would do, but certainly it is what I would do in the exact same circumstances.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #512 on: December 12, 2015, 12:13:31 AM »
TBH if my daughters came home and told me they asked a drunk man to be quiet I would have told them that that was a very stupid thing to do. Drunk people do not understand reason. There is no point confronting them as long as you have a choice not to. If a drunk person is disturbing you at your gathering then alert management and let them deal with the issue. If they refuse to do anything, my advice would be to leave. People who are drunk or are on drugs often do not know what they are doing. If my daughters did what that Ch7 producer did, I'd be horrified and upset with their stupidity. Imagine if this person was your usual unknown, you would never be able to do anything about it and you just don't know what they were really capable of. And that's the truth.

Imma call you out on that one, I think that's rubbish. You'd support your daughters to the absolute fullest, regardless of the circumstances, like many are calling for the club to do with dusty.

Just one quick point. Whilst I agree with the people needing street smarts, assessing situations, destressing scenarios and avoiding dangerous ones, isn't it a poor reflection on society that the drunk trouble maker walks away not realising the danger he's put everyone in by getting him/herserf that innibriated, whilst the bystanders are the ones who have to diffuse all the potential dangers. The perpetrator doesn't feel any negative effects other than a filthy hangover and a wry grin whilst the retelling of the previous nights events are exposed; the rest of us have to put up with the status quo simply because its the smarter way to do things.

FFS, that is a ridiculous post!!!!!
How can you call what I would do rubbish? You don't know me. You don't know how I think and behave around my daughters.  You forget that in this situation nobody got hurt or even touched!!! So even though I would support them in a way, I would tell them they they have learn't nothing that I have taught them over the years. You do not discipline someone else especially if they are drunk. You are only going to cause trouble for yourself.
And you are dead wong about the rest of your post. I already suggested other ways of dealing with the problem that do not put yourself in danger. The drunk person doesn't have to walk away unpunished. Get the restaurant management to handle the drunk. If he is more of an issue, call the police. He won't have a wry smile then.

Please don't try to pretend you know what I would really do.  I was asked what I would do and I answered it honestly.  I don't need you to call it rubbish. It may not be that you would do, but certainly it is what I would do in the exact same circumstances.

Fair call, I don't know you, I don't know how you go about setting your own personal value sets which you pass on to your kids. But to hold your own daughters accountable for some louts drunken antics seems harsh and unfair to me, which is exactly my point. Why is everyone else at fault because some drongo can't handle his pee and has become volatile?

I'm not having a crack at dusty, or the RFC or siding with the media's reaction. All I'm saying is beneath all the "PC" political correctness etc, there is a valid point, which not one person here has addressed. The perpetrators of such occurences are beligerantly defended regardless of their actions and the general public are expected to tiptoe around these hotheads because its the safer, smarter option. Its a bulldust philosophy and it does us no credit to defend it.

Ah well, boys will be boys ::)

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #513 on: December 12, 2015, 12:20:53 AM »
We addressed it by saying he's a idiot.

He's been judged.

He's apologised.

We know he didn't really mean that he was going to stab her or kill her,

So stop crying.

She's a idiot.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #514 on: December 12, 2015, 12:24:18 AM »

If she is goin to save the souls of chapel st on a night out why is he pickin on dusty and not the ice addict losing an argument with his reflection on the rebel sport window?

Hundreds of options and she calls over the celebrity doing the walrus

How coincidental ...
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #515 on: December 12, 2015, 12:26:25 AM »

He's been judged.

He's apologised.

So stop crying.

She's a idiot.

Was the all australian of the year really trying to kill the women and children on te opposition cheer squad?

What's worst an imagery spear or a real chop stick?

#MaoriWarDance
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #516 on: December 12, 2015, 12:30:07 AM »

He's been judged.

He's apologised.

So stop crying.

She's a idiot.

No one can dispute this post
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #517 on: December 12, 2015, 01:11:03 AM »

He's been judged.

He's apologised.

So stop crying.

She's a idiot.

No one can dispute this post
I agree brother, that's not really my point. I'm speaking more in general terms.

I just feel we're at risk of becoming essendon with the #standbyhird bulldust, which in one swift stroke brought that club to its knees. They'll be the next carlton for the next 10 years because of a lot of cantankerous nuffters not seeing the big picture.

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #518 on: December 12, 2015, 01:18:02 AM »
But hird was guilty
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Woman says AFL ‘leaned’ on her to change evidence (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #519 on: December 12, 2015, 04:40:09 AM »
Woman who alleges Dustin Martin threatened her says AFL ‘leaned’ on her to change evidence

Jon Kaila and Lauren Wood
Herald Sun
December 12, 2015

THE woman who claims Dustin Martin threatened to stab her with a chopstick has launched a withering attack on the AFL over its handling of the case.

The 30-year-old claims that the league “leaned’’ on her to water down evidence that Martin threatened “I’ll f***ing stab you’’ in Chapel St’s Mr Miyagi restaurant on Saturday night.

One AFL officer then gloated to her “we’ve washed our hands of this’’ once the investigation was handed over to the police yesterday, the shaken victim — a Channel Seven staffer — has confided to friends.

“It has been incredibly stressful,’’ she has told a friend.

“The investigation has been seriously flawed. The AFL needs to overhaul their process so the focus is on a victim’s welfare and not the branding of the league.’’

One friend said the woman was particularly devastated that the league had “actively sought to discredit her story’’ after police took charge last night, telling journalists that other diners had downplayed the incident.

On her first day of interviews with the AFL, friends said the woman had been told by integrity investigators the club viewed her as a credible witness and did not dispute her claims.

But by the third day they were questioning her version of events.

“I felt heavily leaned on to water down how threatened and intimidated I felt on the night,’’ she told a friend.

In her final interview with the AFL — a four-hour session — she said officers repeatedly questioned whether she wanted to proceed with her claim that Martin threatened to stab her with a chopstick, warning then they would have to refer it to police and it could end his career.

The Herald Sun can reveal two other people who have backed up her story are being contacted by police, who are working though the entire reservation list for the night.

Detectives from Stonnington Crime Investigation Unit today visited the restaurant, where CCTV is understood to have captured Martin’s arrival, but not the incident.

It comes despite a senior staffer at the restaurant, which allowed Martin to jump the queue and down several shots despite reports he was in “space land’’, had told the Herald Sun earlier this week that none of its CCTV cameras were operating.

CCTV is understood to have caught Martin arriving at the restaurant. Picture Norm Oorloff

Richmond has also come under fire, with one source close to the victim claiming that on Monday morning, when she first complained, an officer said “there must be a better way to deal with it than through the media’’.

The victim has also revealed in her first interview with league and Richmond integrity officers, she was given the impression the offence was not viewed as a criminal one.

But when they presented their version of her statement back to her, it was littered with “falsifications’’ playing down the extent of her terror and Martin’s menace.

One AFL officer has since been accused by those close to the victim of “monstering’’ her.

Richmond president Peggy O’Neal today said the club was “concerned” for Martin who will travel to Queensland for a pre-season training camp with his Tigers teammates on Sunday.

“We’re concerned about Dustin and, of course, we’re disappointed with any kind of behaviour like that, but again, we don’t know all the facts and that’s what this investigation will show,” O’Neal said.

Anyone with information on the incident is encouraged to call the Crime Stoppers line  1800 333000  .

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/woman-who-alleges-dustin-martin-threatened-her-says-afl-leaned-on-her-to-change-evidence/news-story/ea3a418d536b7b4282a482b7ecb0a0fe

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tale of troubled Tiger Dustin (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #520 on: December 12, 2015, 04:43:27 AM »
Tale of troubled Tiger Dustin

Herald-Sun
12 December 2015

IF his off-field life can often be described as chaotic, the same can never be applied to Dustin Martin’s AFL journey, where even before being drafted in 2009 he declared he was “born to play AFL”.

Payview link: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/a-star-on-field-dustin-martins-life-off-the-ground-is-not-so-professional/news-story/1d8f1b2199ce5de4c9b2f1dcf8724b46

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #521 on: December 12, 2015, 07:02:34 AM »
Wow Herald Sun
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #522 on: December 12, 2015, 07:35:04 AM »
Meanwhile, in Sydney, in a completely unelated attack, a woman has been stabbed to death with a chopstick....by her husband.

What an idiot this cow is.
She looks like a femmo idiot in this article - and she is.
Just a trouble making, dollar chasing cunnova thing.
If it was my daughter, I'd blame her mother.
Piece of poo.
Caracella and Balmey.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #523 on: December 12, 2015, 08:07:43 AM »
Richmond FC:  a disturbing picture of a pharmacologically experimental walrus environment

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #524 on: December 12, 2015, 08:11:17 AM »
Meanwhile, in Sydney, in a completely unelated attack, a woman has been stabbed to death with a chopstick....by her husband.

What an idiot this cow is.
She looks like a femmo idiot in this article - and she is.
Just a trouble making, dollar chasing cunnova thing.
If it was my daughter, I'd blame her mother.
Piece of poo.

Exactly.

Like I said just illustrates what's wrong with some people in society chasing the dollars and gender equality

Congrats to the cow and to channel 7. You have  had your  5 seconds now FO.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.