Author Topic: Australian Idol  (Read 24489 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Australian Idol
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2004, 08:35:43 AM »
Casey looked great and Courtney does a good Billy Field's.

I think you developed too many "Bad Habits" Julz ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2004, 04:41:37 PM »
Can't help myself :D ;D

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2004, 09:08:49 PM »
Pop nite tonite.  Pretty good all round.  Weakest links:  Casey, Amali, Marty & Hayley.  WP you asked if any could sing:  Daniel actually has a trained voice and whe he picks the right song is very good.  Chanel is very different but in a good way - her Shirley Bassey "History Repeating" was spot on.  I love the fact that Courtney brings up the oldies but goodies.  Ricki-Lee would be one of the main contenders for being the Australian Idol - and she's a Qld'er!!! :thumbsup

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2004, 07:30:28 AM »
So Dan the Man got the flick with Hayley really sweating it out.  Surprised that all those teenage girls let Dan go.  Stay tuned for Sunday's 60's show.

froars

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2004, 07:32:52 AM »
I'm still in the sweep  ;D

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2004, 09:05:31 AM »
WP you asked if any could sing: Daniel actually has a trained voice and whe he picks the right song is very good.

I saw the promos for the voting of Sunday nights show while I was watching Criminal Intent - I saw this Daniel character Julz and I have to say he sounded awful - like he stood on a cats tail - missed a note ;D. And who was the girl who sang "Left outside Alone" -  :scream :scream SHOCKER.

Can any of 'em sing? :help

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2004, 09:41:13 AM »
"Left outside alone" was sung by Hayley - a bit of a shocker.  Daniel actually has a very good trained voice, when you hear it in its entirety - except when he does Robbie William's "DJ".  My favourites are Courtenay, Ricki-Lee, Chanel and Daniel.  My tip for the top 4.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2004, 07:32:44 AM »
OK time for my weekly Aust. Idol comments.  Doesn't anyone else watch the show?  60's nite last night and it could have been better I thought.  Too many ballads.  Ricki-Lee did a great Tina Turner version of "Proud Mary" - she'll win this competition.  Felt sorry for Courtenay with all the discussion on his weight - he didn't look too comfortable about it.  Can't predict who will go tonight.  Quite a few weak performances last night - Amali is on the ropes as is Marty and maybe Hayley.  Chanel wasn't up to her best - song choice let her down and Daniel was ok but a bit pitchy at times I thought.

froars

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2004, 07:44:21 AM »
The chick who butchered To Sir With Love should go IMO lol
Courtenay will do okay because he can sing, well, going on last night - and who cares about his weight.
My girls Amali and Emelie were okay - I thought Emelie looked a lot better in her outfit and sang okay.  Amali is a bit weak vocally and maybe might get the flick.  The rest were just so-so.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2004, 08:45:24 PM »
Amali got the flick.  For the second week running though, Hayley and Marty were on the ropes.  Can they survive another week?

froars

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2004, 08:46:55 PM »
Rigged  ???

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2004, 10:00:48 PM »
Disco night this Sunday.  This should be interest to see how Daniel and Marty approach this.

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2004, 08:24:52 AM »
Well once again Ricki-Lee was the brightest star singing the very hard "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough" but everyone could hear the strain on her voice and Mark Holden is very concerned about it.  Also again, I thought anyway, Marty wasn't very strong, despite what the judges said.  Disco wasn't going to be everyone's cup of tea and Chanel and Daniel (who did ok) were a bit out of their comfort zones.  Will it reflect on tonight's voting?  Hayley was better this week.  Casey was a big surprise.  I agree with Dicko though, all the key changes did get a bit annoying - I mean 4 in one song!?  My tip is that Marty will go but Chanel will feature for the first time in the bottom 3.

:cheers

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2004, 12:09:10 PM »
Well once again Ricki-Lee was the brightest star singing the very hard "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough" but

I'll be so glad when this show is finished - it delays the start of Criminal Intent every week. >:( >:(

While waiting and waiting - they showed snippets of everyone so people could vote....

Ricki-Lee???? :o Are you sure ..... Damn it I thought it was Michael Jackson :gobdrop

froars

« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2004, 12:19:19 PM »
Didn't see Chanel, cos i was watching the Jimmy Krakouer thing at the time, but i thought my girl Emelie was pretty ordinary.
And they were right, she did look like Pauline Hanson - better send an urgent memo to Image Department lol
Wouldn't have a clue this week.  The blonde one sang better this week, so she should stay and the Ricky May lookalike is still great.