Author Topic: Looking for positives ...  (Read 1579 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Looking for positives ...
« on: February 16, 2008, 05:52:22 AM »
The main positive is no injuries. We also got match practice into Simmo and Cass got through his first game.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Looking for positives ...
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 08:11:29 AM »
I thought Morton shows good signs.

It was one of those nights.  I cant wait to have Thursty and McGuane back.  :pray
EAT EM ALIVE!

Little Jackie

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 08:23:42 AM »
The main positive is no injuries. We also got match practice into Simmo and Cass got through his first game.

Your kidding arent you.
Last night was a disgrace.
They have had 4 months of pre season and the skill level and game plan had gone backwards, didnt thik that was possible but it has,
Comment on Troy. Is carrying too much""bulk"" and also looks like his troublesome knee isnt right either.  If he doesnt stand up , big problems.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 10:04:44 AM »
why is it after another preseason we are all still skinny weak fairies

its a damn disgrace that brett deledio at 20 is our strongest player

what the f is going on

but positives we have some

moore looked good
king looked good
newman also
petts looked ok\deledio and brown class
morton class also
no injuries

thats it i think, what a joke

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 10:09:27 AM »

The only positive I can see is that it was at that poohole of a place telstra stuffing dome.

The Delidio out of the goal square thing might work better at the MCG.

8)

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 10:53:03 AM »
I thought deledio was very good. No one could catch him on a lead, he showed very good desperation in the forward 50 laying a couple of good tackles in quick succession, 4th qtr IIRC and his field passing was sublime. Hit Richo lace out twice.

Morton was classy and shows that he has great skills.
Tambling didn't work hard enough i felt but there were a few moments that I thought he was brilliant.
Foley didn't show signs of slowing down, was superb at stoppages in the 3rd qtr.
Overall I thought we beat the Saints at stoppages but 2 things killed us. 1) lack of ability to hit targets up forward, 2) defenders giving too much latitude to the saint forwards

:gotigers

Tigermonk

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 11:33:45 AM »
Positives are   :help

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 12:40:52 PM »
It wasn't round 1 and 4 points weren't at stake.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 12:49:33 PM »
we lost on purpose as we dont wanna show our hand too early and bring out the new rfc come round 1. i can dream

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 01:05:16 PM »

Your kidding arent you.
Last night was a disgrace.
They have had 4 months of pre season and the skill level and game plan had gone backwards, didnt thik that was possible but it has,
Comment on Troy. Is carrying too much""bulk"" and also looks like his troublesome knee isnt right either.  If he doesnt stand up , big problems.
Troy still has tendonitis. That's what the bandage was for Jack  ;). He's also only been doing competitive work for a few weeks and the Echuca game was his first scratch match so he's one I would cut some slack. We still have a month to round 1.

Yes last night was pathetic Jack. I believe I've said that numerous times  ::). I also know where a number of players are at so I'm not going to hang them after one glorified practice match.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2008, 01:25:54 PM »
The one positive
The game was on February 15 and not March 20.
Many of us may dream of an upturn in fortune between now and then.

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2008, 02:10:46 PM »
The one positive

Sounds like you're looking for divine intervention.

;)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2008, 02:20:37 PM »
The one positive

Sounds like you're looking for divine intervention.

;)

God will help someone who deserves it 1965. Individually as supporters and the failures we have endured we may all deserve it, but  Richmond as a club has done very little to warrant a Fatima miracle or a crying Virgin Mary of Medugorie and hence we will be wallowing at or right next to the foot of the ladder again this year. Our loyalty to them evokes responces such as these because we feel jilted and will be in pain again this year. Rather than start new threads perhaps we should re use the threads from last year as the same sort of sentiments will be echoed.

Ramps

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2008, 02:30:51 PM »
i heard a rumour that Barack Obama is going to announce that he has received the endorsement of Gary March and the Richmond Football Cub in his chase for the Democratic nomination, he has also been endorsed by us to defeat John McCain.

Obama will in turn announce his support for our club and we will be saved from the membership disaster that is/was about to befall us. Richmond will be the biggest sporting club in the World in the next 3 months. You heard it here first. Richmond is about to be saved. Join us brothers and sisters coz when Barack Obama launches one of those great HOPE speeches hes been giving and he includes the RFC in it we will all be mesmerised and the masses will buy memberships.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 02:54:27 PM »
the only 2 positives i can see that came out of last night is that i am one step closer to never seeing the 2 most embarrassing losers ever to be employed by the rfc.

johnson and wallace.

goodbye idiots
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.