Author Topic: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022  (Read 105528 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Trade talk, rumours & innuendo 2022
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2022, 10:38:14 AM »
Fyfe to Richmond  :lol.

On a more serious (and grounded in credible source) note I am concerned that one of our club’s greatest sons will be relocating to Sydney at year’s end.
If this source is correct and rumours are true, I wish him all the best and look forward to him being traded for the grandson of another living legend of the Tigers…

Hmm. How reliable is your source RT?

I hope it isn't the reliable source that told someone I see at the footy that an unnamed tiger player would retire after round 3. The person I see said his source was super reliable, never gets it wrong and had proof the retirement was a lock  :outtahere

In the fullness of time we will know one way or another
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2022, 02:18:48 PM »
Nope WP.
 Same source (but second hand) as the one who correctly called his re-signing at the end of season 2017.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2022, 02:40:39 PM »
Nope WP.
 Same source (but second hand) as the one who correctly called his re-signing at the end of season 2017.

Fair enough

But back in 2017 my friend Chutney called his re-signing too and I posted that at the time.... :)

But now I don't post what Chutney tells me these days due to being ridiculed on here 😉.

As I said we will know one way or the other in the fullness of time
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2022, 02:44:13 PM »
Bring back Chutney :bow

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2022, 02:46:01 PM »
I'm quite fond of a Mango Chutney.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2022, 02:48:35 PM »
Ahhh the old reliable source. Has a 50% chance of being right just by guessing and if not right can just claim situation changed as the year went on…..

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2022, 02:58:36 PM »
:shh
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Broadsword

« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2022, 04:36:45 PM »
Even a broken Chutney is right twice a day.

Online Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2022, 04:59:57 PM »
Even a broken Chutney is right twice a day.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2022, 06:39:44 PM »
I have heard things about a favourite son to Sydney as well. And if true I can’t have any ill feelings towards him. Hopefully get a few pieces back too

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2022, 07:48:04 PM »
Nope WP.

Fair enough

But back in 2017 my friend Chutney called his re-signing too and I posted that at the time.... :)

But now I don't post what Chutney tells me these days due to being ridiculed on here 😉.

As I said we will know one way or the other in the fullness of time

Ha ha. I like the roll the dice every once in a while. Keeps the ticker going  ;D
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2022, 06:41:05 PM »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2022, 05:48:17 PM »
THE TYPE OF PLAYER YOUR CLUB WOULD TARGET IN A HYPOTHETICAL MID-SEASON TRADE PERIOD

Andrew Slevison
SEN
27 May 2022

Inside midfielder

Richmond’s defence is in good shape, the forward line, when Tom Lynch returns from his hamstring, is fairly dangerous and the ruck stocks are solid.

There is one area that the Tigers could use some help in and that is around the contest and at the stoppage in the midfield.

Midfielder/forward Shai Bolton and ruckman Toby Nankervis are two of the side’s best three contested players this season, with veteran Trent Cotchin the other.

Adding an inside beast to combat the bigger bodied midfield units at the top of the table could be a helpful move for the Tigers.

There aren’t too many of them around who aren’t already playing regular senior footy, but some names spring to mind.

Matt Crouch has been somewhat out of favour at Adelaide this year, but they would demand too much from the Tigers to make it a feasible trade. He is also expected to return to the Crows’ best 22 very soon.

Regardless, he is the type of player who could be handy for Damien Hardwick’s midfield for the here and now as the recent three-time premiers strive to mix it with the competition’s top teams.

GWS’ Jacob Hopper would be the dream, but that’s drawing a long bow.

Melbourne’s Luke Dunstan is another inside mid that is not playing regular senior football, however, the Demons find him useful whenever one of their first-choice mids are out of the side.

It’s not a major point of need for the Tigers, especially with promising youngster Thomson Dow gaining some experience in the ones this year, but it is an area they could look at if a hypothetical mid-season trade period were to take place.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/05/27/the-type-of-player-your-club-would-target-in-a-hypothetical-mid-season-trade/

Offline yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2022, 09:21:01 PM »
Hopper has knee issues which will be a long term risk.

Crouch is a stat chaser and wouldn't fit with our game plan.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2022, 09:24:21 PM »
Bring back Chutney :bow

Chutney or chucky