Author Topic: North Melbourne press conference at 3pm ( re: new coach )  (Read 3140 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: North Melbourne press conference at 3pm ( re: new coach )
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2009, 10:07:16 PM »
Agree 100% with that.  If the coach can't do a 'coaching cleanout' (if he wants to) then we may as well keep Rawlings - and that won't be good for anyone at this point.

What if there are contracts in place

What do you suggest they do then

Don't take the job on.  If you can't get a cast iron guarantee that it's your group or no group then don't take the job.  It's your career/future/reputation on the line, no-one else's.  And if we don't get the best available coach because the club dictates who you must have as your support group then we will have stuffed up mightily.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2009, 10:42:09 PM »
Remember Hardwick still has the offer from Port of taking over from Williams in 2 years in a succession plan, so he still has a backup offer if he misses out with us.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2009, 07:23:27 AM »
Don't take the job on.  If you can't get a cast iron guarantee that it's your group or no group then don't take the job.  It's your career/future/reputation on the line, no-one else's.  And if we don't get the best available coach because the club dictates who you must have as your support group then we will have stuffed up mightily.

Well there are contracts in place smokey with people the club want to remain so it should be very interesting then  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2009, 08:34:23 AM »

Well there are contracts in place smokey with people the club want to remain so it should be very interesting then  ;D

Yes WP, but both you and I know that a contract is only a payout away from being finished.  And one thing that we can do currently is afford to pay out an assistant's contract.  Even though that's probably one of the few things!   :(

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2009, 09:15:36 AM »
Remember Hardwick still has the offer from Port of taking over from Williams in 2 years in a succession plan, so he still has a backup offer if he misses out with us.

Apparently it's lucrative, if I heard correctly watching On the Couch last night.

Port Adelaide just slashed Mark Williams' contract didn't they?
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do