Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]  (Read 225550 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]
« Reply #690 on: September 15, 2011, 07:41:34 AM »
actually Deep throat's info is as accurate as any ones at this time of year.

Not everything he says to comes to fruition, but not every avenue explored by the club will come to fruition either.

Last year he said that we would take a west australian kid that would be a surprise with our first pick.

Most of the other names he associated us with in the trades did turn out to be ones we were  interested in and generally he named them before the media did. He claimed we had a heads of agreement signs with Houli very early on, but i cant remember if he said the same about grigg or not.

I wouldn't take it all as gospel, but nor would I discount it.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #691 on: September 15, 2011, 07:42:36 AM »
Who is this knob jockey????

A good fiction writer with a proven 0.00% hit rate

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19046535&postcount=107

LOL what a joker. Coxy is gonna go on there and smash him once he's settled into his new pad in Williamstown.

What's next? Jay Neagle as back up to Rance?

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #692 on: September 15, 2011, 08:26:45 AM »

Not everything he says to comes to fruition, but not every avenue explored by the club will come to fruition either.

Last year he said that we would take a west australian kid that would be a surprise with our first pick.

He also said we had locked in Heppell  ::)

What he does is extrapolate known rumors into trade arrangements and deals, which sound good, but are complete bull plop.

If you can get past the information look at the 'style' and 'tense' of his posts, its obvious he is making it up.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #693 on: September 15, 2011, 08:37:59 AM »
A regular nostradumass
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #694 on: September 15, 2011, 08:45:37 AM »
LOL this prick gets everyone talking every year though I will give him that, he should start his own site and get sponsors, he would make a mint for a few months.

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #695 on: September 15, 2011, 09:37:28 AM »

Most of the other names he associated us with in the trades did turn out to be ones we were  interested in and generally he named them before the media did. He claimed we had a heads of agreement signs with Houli very early on, but i cant remember if he said the same about grigg or not.

He said we would take Heppell guaranteed. I said we would take an unknown interstate kid and BF would go into meltdown.

But your right. At this early stage the club would be speaking to that many players. I have a sneaky feeling Chaplin or Carlile will be a KPD for the Tigers next year. And Astbury a CHF.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #696 on: September 15, 2011, 09:49:47 AM »
I love this guy, is the BF version of Beefcake, just goes all in!  :cheers The more he post's the more entertainment we have leading up to trade week  :pray

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #697 on: September 15, 2011, 10:21:29 AM »
But your right. At this early stage the club would be speaking to that many players. I have a sneaky feeling Chaplin or Carlile will be a KPD for the Tigers next year. And Astbury a CHF.

Carlile (sp?) is not an option having just re-signed a fortnight ago
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #698 on: September 15, 2011, 10:27:03 AM »

Carlile (sp?) is not an option having just re-signed a fortnight ago

I think its Chaplin personally. Its one of them though has been offered to us. Its a contracted player too.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #699 on: September 15, 2011, 10:48:36 AM »
If someones got an account on Bigfooty can they stick a rumour on the main board that Jack Trengove from Melbourne has asked for a trade to Adelaide  ;D Lets see how the snow skiers take that one  ;D

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #700 on: September 15, 2011, 01:38:26 PM »
lawl.  Im still peeed those mephastophalis wannabes get two picks, they deserve nothing but hot grease thrown on their laps.

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #701 on: September 15, 2011, 01:50:45 PM »
lawl.  Im still peeed those mephastophalis wannabes get two picks, they deserve nothing but hot grease thrown on their laps.

Settle down Owl, you making me all moist thinking about Jack Watts and his Hot Greased Lap :eyebrow :eyebrow :eyebrow

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #702 on: September 15, 2011, 02:16:22 PM »
oh god help us

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #703 on: September 15, 2011, 02:43:09 PM »
From Jon Ralph's live chat this arvo....

Comment From Guest
Hi Jon, What is the latest on the tigers delisting and trades

Jon Ralph:
The Tigers today delisted a couple of rookies who hadn't played and Tom Hislop.
I assume they will delist a few more after the trade period.
Ben Nason's name was thrown up in the trade with Ivan Maric this week.
I think he might struggle to play so why not.
What is a fair price for Maric? I think the compo pick they got for Tambling.
This year it would be worth about 30 and next year maybe 20.
Tambling hasn't cut it, so it would be a fair minded trade

Comment From king
hey ralphy. hearing rumours dangerfield is looking to leave adelaide. have you heard anything?

Jon Ralph:
Dangerfield has another year on his contract. I interviewed him this year and he as far from certain about staying at Adelaide forever. Loved Neil Craig and now he's gone. Think he's a big chance to come home next year

Comment From Stormboy
Why did the Dees keep Morton and not trade him!!??

Jon Ralph:
I think Morton showed enough signs late in the year. He still need to tackle more and win his own ball, but he hasn't got huge trade potential and so they might as well keep him

Comment From Wolf
Ralphie any idea who the big fish the Tigers are chasing? Rumour around the forums is maybe a play for Dangerfield? You heard anything?

Jon Ralph:
Richmond not necessarily trading for a big fish. They only have pick 14 and the Tambling compo pick. I haven't heard who it is but they will definitely get Maric

Comment From Wolf
Is Neil Craig heading to Tigerland?

Jon Ralph:
All of Brisbane and Richmond and even the AFL want Craig. Dunno where he will end up

Comment From charlie murphy 
gidday jon. pia miller. that is all

Jon Ralph:
Great call, Charlie. She was looking excellent at the Richmond b and f on Friday.
Great effort by Bachar Houli by the way to finish fourth. Shaun Grigg finished tenth.
I know he has limitations but Andrew Collins played one game at Carlton then got injured. That's a good trade for Richmond whichever way you cut it

Comment From Leela
Big rumours down Tigerland that Foley wants out and will be traded to GWS for a high mini-draft pick. HAve you heard anything? Does that sound valid?

Jon Ralph:
I asked Richmond last week if Foley was secure. They said they wanted to get players in rather than trade them out. The coach couldn't have pumped up his leadership or year any more at the b and f. I had thought that he was the one who might be trade bait but they say definitely not. He's out of contract though

Comment From tiger85
Could tigers try and persuade Mitch Clark to Melbourne by offering our first rounder???

Jon Ralph:
Richmond said it was priced out of the market on Mitch Clarke. He would be perfect for them but pretty sure he wants to go home. He's negotiating with Fremantle today

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/who-is-this-years-best-trade-bait/story-fn6cisdj-1226137300852

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #704 on: September 15, 2011, 02:52:01 PM »
From Jon Ralph's live chat this arvo....

Comment From charlie murphy 
gidday jon. pia miller. that is all

Jon Ralph:
Great call, Charlie. She was looking excellent at the Richmond b and f on Friday.
Great effort by Bachar Houli by the way to finish fourth. Shaun Grigg finished tenth.
I know he has limitations but Andrew Collins played one game at Carlton then got injured. That's a good trade for Richmond whichever way you cut it

It was tuesday ralphy you twit  ;D

Comment From thegdog
Will the TIgers be able to trade Jackson or Mc GUANE???

Jon Ralph:
I saw Jackson at the Richmond b and f and he said the rumours which had been on SEN about him being traded out were crap. He said he wanted to stay.
I think as up and down and undisciplined as his year was, they still need him at his best as a tagger for opposition stars.

"wanted to"  ??? What the

I "wanted to" go back to the New York for holidays this year and guess what it isn't happening ..we dont always get what we want....

Interesting part of that (to me at least) is if he had signed a new contract he would have told Ralphy, he didn't so ....  ;) ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)