Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]  (Read 225822 times)

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
Re: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]
« Reply #705 on: September 15, 2011, 03:02:44 PM »
If we traded the compo pick back to Adelaide for Maric that would have to go down in history as the worst trade ever! Ralph has no idea! Lets not forget that's all they originally got for Bock who is 5 times the player Maric is...... :banghead :banghead :banghead

Him

« Reply #706 on: September 15, 2011, 03:56:05 PM »
oh god help us

God helps those that help themselves.

God also thinks you should go all in.

:thumbsup

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #707 on: September 15, 2011, 03:58:14 PM »
oh god help us

God helps those that help themselves.

God also thinks you should go all in.

:thumbsup

hallelujah to that........Amen

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #708 on: September 15, 2011, 04:01:04 PM »
Interesting part of that (to me at least) is if he had signed a new contract he would have told Ralphy, he didn't so ....  ;) ;D

Do you know something WP, or are you like me, just very hopeful we part ways with Jacko.  ;D
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #709 on: September 15, 2011, 04:05:39 PM »
Interesting part of that (to me at least) is if he had signed a new contract he would have told Ralphy, he didn't so ....  ;) ;D

Do you know something WP, or are you like me, just very hopeful we part ways with Jacko.  ;D

I know nothing wayne, didn't speak with Jacko at the B&F but I really do think it is odd that if he has re-signed then he didn't tell Ralphy and if he tell Ralphy then Rpalhy dind't report it and more important that if has re-signed the club hasn't announced it

So I suppose I am like you hoping they trade him .... no doubt though if he doens't get traded he will be kept no way in hell they will de-list him ...

My personal view on most of the list management decisions is alot of things will get finalised after trade week

Biggest signing they need to make right now (again just my opinion) is getting Neil Craig's signature on that contract  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

10 FLAGS

« Reply #710 on: September 15, 2011, 04:46:29 PM »
From Jon Ralph's live chat this arvo....

Comment From charlie murphy 
gidday jon. pia miller. that is all

Jon Ralph:
Great call, Charlie. She was looking excellent at the Richmond b and f on Friday.
Great effort by Bachar Houli by the way to finish fourth. Shaun Grigg finished tenth.
I know he has limitations but Andrew Collins played one game at Carlton then got injured. That's a good trade for Richmond whichever way you cut it

It was tuesday ralphy you twit  ;D

Comment From thegdog
Will the TIgers be able to trade Jackson or Mc GUANE???

Jon Ralph:
I saw Jackson at the Richmond b and f and he said the rumours which had been on SEN about him being traded out were crap. He said he wanted to stay.
I think as up and down and undisciplined as his year was, they still need him at his best as a tagger for opposition stars.

"wanted to"  ??? What the

I "wanted to" go back to the New York for holidays this year and guess what it isn't happening ..we dont always get what we want....

that means that I get to continue with my membership and I dont have to cut my length of continued membership  :thumbsup

Online sabartooth

• Big Griff's Official Mentor !
  • Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #711 on: September 15, 2011, 05:15:27 PM »
I was informed today that Ivan and Neil Craig are definitely coming to the Tigers! :-\
2 years into a 35 year plan

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #712 on: September 15, 2011, 05:16:16 PM »
From Jon Ralph's live chat this arvo....

Comment From Guest
Hi Jon, What is the latest on the tigers delisting and trades

What is a fair price for Maric? I think the compo pick they got for Tambling.
This year it would be worth about 30 and next year maybe 20.
Tambling hasn't cut it, so it would be a fair minded trade [/b]

That has to be one of the dumbest trade comments I've ever read.
Lots of teams do trade deals that don't work out. It doesn't mean the team that benefited the most from it should just go giving away there picks the next year to make up for it.

Next he'll be claiming Demon's should give there Scully Mid 1st round pick to Carlton to make up for Brock McLean because he hasn't worked out.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #713 on: September 15, 2011, 05:44:30 PM »
I was informed today that Ivan and Neil Craig are definitely coming to the Tigers! :-\

Let's hope youre right in respect of the latter  :thumbsup

tony_montana

« Reply #714 on: September 15, 2011, 06:33:29 PM »

Id happily take Maric as the steaknives that come with Craig

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #715 on: September 15, 2011, 11:32:17 PM »
Neil Craig coming to Punt Rd would be positive news. Maric on the other hand  :-\.

I was told two weeks back that Maric was a certainty to come to Richmond and had signed a heads of agreement with us. So now it's down to working out what we pay in terms of picks/players to get him across  :-\.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline H Tiger

• Premiership Captain
  • Tigers the biggest hunter
« Reply #716 on: September 16, 2011, 03:03:25 AM »
Neil Craig coming to Punt Rd would be positive news. Maric on the other hand  :-\.

I was told two weeks back that Maric was a certainty to come to Richmond and had signed a heads of agreement with us. So now it's down to working out what we pay in terms of picks/players to get him across  :-\.

I hope Maric isn't a lock I'd be disappointed if that is the case. I don't understantd the Maric love. As I have posted elsewhere stats wise he is behind Gus who is at least improving his average hitouts year to year. The club needs to improve but I don't know if this would be just a case of moving sideways.

We should be at least investigating Hampson, Nicholls and the delisted Brisbane Rucks. I liked the look of McCauley in the game I saw him play. Griffin would be another (better) option but I'm unsure if he would come to Melbourne.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #717 on: September 16, 2011, 06:04:05 AM »

I hope Maric isn't a lock I'd be disappointed if that is the case. I don't understantd the Maric love. As I have posted elsewhere stats wise he is behind Gus who is at least improving his average hitouts year to year. The club needs to improve but I don't know if this would be just a case of moving sideways.
Just passing on what I was told HT. I'm not that crash hot about trading for Maric either  :-\. The source was a fairly reliable one (not a person I know to make things up).

Nicholls and McCauley won't be the answer either as both aren't experienced ruckmen which is what the Club is trying to find.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #718 on: September 16, 2011, 07:24:15 AM »

We should be at least investigating Hampson, Nicholls and the delisted Brisbane Rucks. I liked the look of McCauley in the game I saw him play. Griffin would be another (better) option but I'm unsure if he would come to Melbourne.

The problem with comparing stats is that gus has played as #1 ruck while Maric has played second fiddle, so the stats are never likely to stack up.

I would be very surprised if Maric was the only one they are looking at, just probably the only one we have heard about
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

10 FLAGS

« Reply #719 on: September 16, 2011, 09:43:01 AM »
Someone on a forum put together a list of players who sort of fit within the grigg/houli recruiting mode, included on the list were Taylor Hunt from Geelong and John McCarthy from Collingwood. How do people see these two players. McCarthy is 23yo at 189cm, 82kg and can take a turn in the midfield whilst Hunt is 22yo 183cm and 84kgs who could probably take a role down back- because I havent seen alot of these two players what do people reckon- could they play a role for us. Both come from quality clubs who have already had a number of years put into their development. They also fit right into the middle of the age range that we should be looking at for cheap trades.