Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]  (Read 225816 times)

Offline magic17

• Future Richmond star
Re: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]
« Reply #795 on: September 21, 2011, 08:35:54 PM »
Doesnt get the footy enough on a consistent basis. Some of his disposal is also questionable. Heaps of potential all the same.

same things were said of cotch 12-18 months ago, believe you me :shh

Serious???... Both been around for the same amount of time.... Cotch is miles better!!!

10 FLAGS

« Reply #796 on: September 21, 2011, 09:05:00 PM »
Doesnt get the footy enough on a consistent basis. Some of his disposal is also questionable. Heaps of potential all the same.

Serious???... Both been around for the same amount of time.... Cotch is miles better!!!

Cotch is a long way infront at this stage of the proceedings IMHO.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #797 on: September 21, 2011, 09:48:07 PM »
Just curious

Caro worte a story in today's AGE suggesting that St Kilda have salary cap pressures and may need to off load one of their "gun" players. In the article she suggested Goddard may be the one seeing he is coming out of contract at the end of 2012. I reckon they'd try and offload Kosi first

Personally I not really a fan of Goddard but I know there are those that are

So the question is if he (Goddard) was available should the RFC look at it and if yes what would you we'd need to give up

And just on Kosi (again not a fan) but would he be a better option than Maric  ???
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #798 on: September 21, 2011, 09:49:02 PM »

sorry, I thought I said same things were said of cotch 12 - 18 months ago...was that not clear ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #799 on: September 21, 2011, 10:45:56 PM »

So the question is if he (Goddard) was available should the RFC look at it and if yes what would you we'd need to give up

He's under contract, so he'll cost more I reckon.

We'd have to give up something like pick 14 and Vickery or Deledio.

They could possibly get pick 3 and pick 5 or Jaeger O'Maeara from GWS.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline T_o_O

• Future Richmond star
  • Big Fish
« Reply #800 on: September 21, 2011, 11:15:24 PM »
Deledio is our Goddard.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #801 on: September 22, 2011, 01:39:23 AM »
Just curious

Caro worte a story in today's AGE suggesting that St Kilda have salary cap pressures and may need to off load one of their "gun" players. In the article she suggested Goddard may be the one seeing he is coming out of contract at the end of 2012. I reckon they'd try and offload Kosi first

And just on Kosi (again not a fan) but would he be a better option than Maric  ???

Back from my walking Safari, what an experience BTW, stuck in the capital of Zambia, not allowed to travel..elections...

Anyway, yes to Goddard but no to Kosi..IMO
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #802 on: September 22, 2011, 04:28:06 AM »
CARLTON ruckman Shaun Hampson has agreed to terms with the Blues to remain at Princes Park until at least the end of 2014.

The tallest player on Carlton's list, besides 206cm ruckman Robbie Warnock, Hampson has signed a new three-year contract after attracting interest from several clubs.

It is understood he had no intention of leaving the club which recruited him out of Queensland with the overall 17th national draft selection in 2006.

Hampson had been linked to Richmond, but the Tigers have remained committed to securing out-of-contract back-up Adelaide ruckman Ivan Maric.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/hampsons-true-blue-until-2014/story-e6frg7mf-1226143019365

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #803 on: September 22, 2011, 06:52:53 AM »
how do these pricks keep em all paid?
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #804 on: September 22, 2011, 06:58:18 AM »
"The tallest player on Carlton's list, besides 206cm ruckman Robbie Warnock, Hampson has signed a new three-year contract after attracting interest from several clubs."

I could imagine the Hun asking media man from Carlton "what awards has his won"..... crickets..... "okay, there must be something else we can mention, I mean why sign him for 3 years?"...."ahhh, um well he's the tallest Player on our list......." "what about war...". "except for Warnock"
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #805 on: September 22, 2011, 07:10:42 AM »
Just curious

Was thinking the same thing yesterday

goddard: probably not as GWS will offer plenty of $$ as well as the wealthier clubs
Kosi: Not sold on him either yet something I like about picking up a player like this, can play deep foward and ruckwork

Edited to correct quote
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 08:22:30 AM by WilliamPowell »
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #806 on: September 22, 2011, 08:41:11 AM »
Just curious

You would take Goddard, but he would cost too much I fear.

Wouldn't touch Kosi, I reckon he is on par with Maric anyways atm. Kosi is very average and getting older.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #807 on: September 22, 2011, 08:57:27 AM »
Kosi  is crap and needs quality delivery or a crap defender to make him look good, would hesitate to trade Jacko for him

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #808 on: September 22, 2011, 12:18:19 PM »
Controversial Adelaide Crows tall Jack Gunston has at least five Victorian clubs chasing him, with the athletic forward meeting several suitors this week.

Hawthorn and North Melbourne are included in that mix, with Gunston determined to return to Victoria after two years in Adelaide.

Essendon are not one of those suitors despite his close links to the club, with the Bombers having enough tall targets.

It would not surprise to see Carlton inquiring about Gunston, given the Blues are searching for another tall forward.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/controversial-adelaide-crows-tall-forward-jack-gunston-has-at-least-five-victorian-clubs-chasing-him/story-e6frf3e3-1226143300901?from=public_rss

BRISBANE Lions coach Michael Voss says Mitch Clark is a required player, and insists the club will seek fair compensation if the out-of-contract utility gets his desired trade to Fremantle.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/123883/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #809 on: September 22, 2011, 08:23:36 PM »