Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]  (Read 225554 times)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]
« Reply #1320 on: October 13, 2011, 02:48:04 PM »

Unless the players I named are thrown around how the hell will we know what they are worth???

A players worth is found out by what clubs are offering to give for them. Currently the of the players that aren't in our 22(like White, Nason etc..)  are worthless and other clubs have no need or want for them. Telling clubs they are on the trade table won't help drive there price up.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1321 on: October 13, 2011, 02:59:28 PM »
Even Melbourne are getting into it.....

By the way al, I didn't say I wanted everything in the press did I????? Um no.

However look around you mate, really what have we done????

Unless the players I named are thrown around how the hell will we know what they are worth???
Mate, they have been thrown around, they are worth nothing!

Melbourne want to give up Pick 12 and one of their compo picks to get Clark (and huge dollars). Would you like to see the Tigers offering Pick 15 and our compo pick? Personally I wouldn't, and I don't think Clark is worth what's being bandied around, would rather us hold those picks and use them on players.

I don't think it's worth getting involved in trades and putting players names up just for the sake of it. Only if it benefits us and the clubs see's that we are winning in the trade deal.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1322 on: October 13, 2011, 03:00:55 PM »

A players worth is found out by what clubs are offering to give for them. Currently the of the players that aren't in our 22(like White, Nason etc..)  are worthless and other clubs have no need or want for them. Telling clubs they are on the trade table won't help drive there price up.

Ok, we wouldn't want to even try it though would we....White was rated and veent mentioned by Aker as being our main running man...so....
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1323 on: October 13, 2011, 03:02:28 PM »

Melbourne want to give up Pick 12 and one of their compo picks to get Clark (and huge dollars). Would you like to see the Tigers offering Pick 15 and our compo pick? Personally I wouldn't, and I don't think Clark is worth what's being bandied around, would rather us hold those picks and use them on players.

I don't think it's worth getting involved in trades and putting players names up just for the sake of it. Only if it benefits us and the clubs see's that we are winning in the trade deal.

Mate you will have tio show me the link where their name have been mentioned, I do agree with your other comments though.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1324 on: October 13, 2011, 03:05:46 PM »

Melbourne want to give up Pick 12 and one of their compo picks to get Clark (and huge dollars).

With trading like that it would seem that Melbourne think they have a team set up to win a premiership and are just buying there missing piece. A big full forward.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1325 on: October 13, 2011, 03:13:27 PM »

Ok, we wouldn't want to even try it though would we....White was rated and veent mentioned by Aker as being our main running man...so....
Aker doesn't know the difference between his face and a donkeys behind.

Yes I saw he rated Matty White, it's a shame he isn't in control of a clubs draft/trade period. White isn't worth anything.

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1326 on: October 13, 2011, 03:14:21 PM »
Mitch Clarke isnt that good people. Way over valued.
Good luck to Freo would go Ok there but would suck at Melbourne with not as much support.

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #1327 on: October 13, 2011, 03:16:09 PM »
The less trades for players the better , we should be aiming to have more draft picks not less.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1328 on: October 13, 2011, 03:17:08 PM »

Mate you will have tio show me the link where their name have been mentioned, I do agree with your other comments though.
If you haven't seen names in articles, it does NOT mean the RFC has labelled these players as untouchable.

It is a delicate process, you can go to the media with the list of every player you feel as dispensable at your club. It batters morale amongst the playing group (of which ours seems to be quite good at the moment) and worst case scenario you end up with a 'Brisbane/Bradshaw' situation where the player walks for nothing.

The club would prepare a list of players they are willing to let go, they meet on the Monday and show other clubs the list, and other clubs then decide if they like any of these players and talks start. If your list has poo players on there, they wont get traded.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1329 on: October 13, 2011, 03:17:18 PM »
Melbourne are trying to top up it seems.
It seems they feel that they have a side that can challenge if the rumours about Mitch Clark have substance. If they feel that with Neeld, Craig and Schwab holding the reins they are in that position good luck to them. Personally 47 years of poor on field performances can't be wiped away by some panic buying and a first year coach.

As for us we clearly recognise we are in a rebuild mode that may still have 2 possibly 3 years to run.
At the right price we will look at all offers but not try to land a big fish merely because they are there and regardless of the cost. Our picks are sacrasanct and if we can upgrade on trades player for player or upgrade on picks then right now that is the go.

We need to establish a firm core and then we can top up with these Mitch Clark type players who will cost plenty ie next year when free trade is in play so that we can have the salary cap space to negotiate with these players or when we have established ourselves as a genuine finals side who are looking to find the missing link that will take them to premiership glory. Would rather land a big fish or some big fishies next year rather than pay overs for someone now merely b/c they are available and merely b/c some are impatient and want us to win the flag next year which realistically is beyond us.

I would rather give the club the chance to go for the flag 2014 onwards with the efforts the off field people at the club and the strides they have made in our finances etc. I can understand peoples impatience I too am a mid 30 something life long fan but before we are ready to burn the place down lets just keep what we have and work out what we need rather than spend spend spend in a state of hysteria panic and fear in order to create an illusion of false hope grandeur and glory.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1330 on: October 13, 2011, 03:21:16 PM »

As for us we clearly recognise we are in a rebuild mode that may still have 2 possibly 3 years to run.
At the right price we will look at all offers but not try to land a big fish merely because they are there and regardless of the cost. Our picks are sacrasanct and if we can upgrade on trades player for player or upgrade on picks then right now that is the go.

We need to establish a firm core and then we can top up with these Mitch Clark type players who will cost plenty ie next year when free trade is in play so that we can have the salary cap space to negotiate with these players or when we have established ourselves as a genuine finals side who are looking to find the missing link that will take them to premiership glory. Would rather land a big fish or some big fishies next year rather than pay overs for someone now merely b/c they are available and merely b/c some are impatient and want us to win the flag next year which realistically is beyond us.

I would rather give the club the chance to go for the flag 2014 onwards with the efforts the off field people at the club and the strides they have made in our finances etc. I can understand peoples impatience I too am a mid 30 something life long fan but before we are ready to burn the place down lets just keep what we have and work out what we need rather than spend spend spend in a state of hysteria panic and fear in order to create an illusion of false hope grandeur and glory.

I agree with this. At this current time of our rebuilding process 2 solid good players are worth more to us then 1 great/very good player. So I would rather keep our first round and compo then trade them for someone like Clark.

gerkin greg

« Reply #1331 on: October 13, 2011, 03:25:44 PM »
Pretty much agree T-Bag.

Weed out the duds through smart upgrades and add to the list with solid drafting. Forge them into a competive hungry unit through hard work and some finals campaigns. Then add the missing pieces through Free Agency and smash out a couple of flags.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1332 on: October 13, 2011, 05:03:52 PM »
Clark's manager Colin Young says he is confident Mitch Clarke will still get to Fremantle despite bid from Melbourne.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1333 on: October 13, 2011, 05:10:46 PM »
Clark's manager Colin Young says he is confident Mitch Clarke will still get to Fremantle despite bid from Melbourne.

Ducks and drakes and smokescreens.

gerkin greg

« Reply #1334 on: October 13, 2011, 05:23:09 PM »
Smoke and shadows behind the windows