Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]  (Read 225553 times)

tony_montana

Re: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]
« Reply #1335 on: October 13, 2011, 05:42:34 PM »
freo will cave and give pick 16 and 20 - bris should take it.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1336 on: October 13, 2011, 05:58:11 PM »
Barrett just said we are waiting to get the Maric trade out the way before hunting for a backman.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1337 on: October 13, 2011, 06:11:20 PM »
Barrett just said we are waiting to get the Maric trade out the way before hunting for a backman.

Hopefully adelaide stop playing this hard ball crap and come to the realisation that Maric is no super star and accept whatever we offer  :lol

dwaino

« Reply #1338 on: October 13, 2011, 06:18:15 PM »
Was just listening to Triple M in the car on the way home. Apparently Bulldogs offered pick 39 for Bate and Melfail declined and asked for a first rounder... Even Brownless said "get your hand off it" lol. Melbourne also said during the $cully crap they wouldn't mess their list an chuck money at blokes yet they are being pretty hypocritical at the moment. Brownless was saying down the road at the Cattery that after Ablett the next highest paid bloke was on just over $500k. How the hell can Melpoo justify their offer?

I really hate Melbourne. Seriously, they're about to overtake the cold pies on my hitlist.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #1339 on: October 13, 2011, 08:47:26 PM »
We're up to 90 pages of crap so far....

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1340 on: October 13, 2011, 08:53:53 PM »
Trade No.6

Pick 20 from GWS to Fremantle for end-of-first round compensation pick (received for losing Rhys Palmer to Giants).

That looks like a win to GWS. Not sure why Freo have done thing. Would of thought if the compo pick was on the table it would be worth more then pick 20 in this years draft.
It's interesting, if they activate that pick, they will get a pick later than 20.

Just a guess, they probably have their eyes on a certain player and don't think he will be around at a later pick?
Freo will hope picks 16 & 20 appeases Brisbane. I would want a top 10 pick at least if I was the Lions. In a compromised draft there's no guarantee you'll get two young guns at 16 & 20. A bit like us with Ottens when we accepted two late first rounders  :P.

GWS on the other hand will want to stockpile as many compo picks they can get their hands on just as the Suns did last year. It'll then allow them to have a stack of early picks in waiting for future drafts on top of having 11 of the first 14 picks in this year's draft.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1341 on: October 13, 2011, 09:08:15 PM »
AS far as Brisbane is concerned, Melbourne is clearly winning the race to snare the services of Mitch Clark.

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2011/10/13/melbourne-lead-race-for-clark-say-lions/

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1342 on: October 13, 2011, 09:18:23 PM »

GWS on the other hand will want to stockpile as many compo picks they can get their hands on just as the Suns did last year. It'll then allow them to have a stack of early picks in waiting for future drafts on top of having 11 of the first 14 picks in this year's draft.

Its just ridiculous they've already been warned about there trading not being in the spirit of the game.
I hope they get a phone call from AFL house and told to trade some of the picks for at least some what of a marquee player.

10 FLAGS

« Reply #1343 on: October 13, 2011, 09:32:51 PM »

Its just ridiculous they've already been warned about there trading not being in the spirit of the game.
I hope they get a phone call from AFL house and told to trade some of the picks for at least some what of a marquee player.

In recent times the AFL has had the first 10 picks done in reverse order for the media. I dont think the AFL is gonna be impressed with whats happening atm. Theyve turned it into a farce.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1344 on: October 13, 2011, 11:01:42 PM »

I reckon Brissy are thinking compensation pick and pick 12 for Clark and are hoping Mitch says stuff Perth I'm going to Melbourne.

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1345 on: October 13, 2011, 11:16:15 PM »

I reckon Brissy are thinking compensation pick and pick 12 for Clark and are hoping Mitch says stuff Perth I'm going to Melbourne.

The big question falls to Clark can he hold off from moving back to Perth for a few years and cash in on demons big money offer.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1346 on: October 14, 2011, 02:06:45 AM »
Trade talk - Day 4

* Mitch Clark (Brisbane Lions) Huge Melbourne offer (4 years, $2.2m) tempting, but Fremantle still frontrunner.

* Brent Macaffer (Collingwood) Not offered a contract and will leave the club via trade week or national draft.

* Addam Maric (Melbourne) Almost certain to get to North Melbourne, his preferred destination.

* Mark Blake (Geelong) Has met with one potential suitor, but future remains unclear.

* Matthew Bate (Melbourne) Dogs offered pick 39, which was rejected. Bate keen on Whitten Oval.

* Rick Ladson (Hawthorn) Outside chance to go to GWS.

* Josh Hill (Western Bulldogs) West Coast still keen.

* Ben Hudson (Western Bulldogs) Brisbane Lions still in the frame.

* Adelaide is now targeting Hawthorn ruckman Brent Renouf, who had been linked with a shift to Port Adelaide.

* The Power, which will gain the services of out-of-contract West Coast midfielder Brad Ebert before Monday's trade deadline, is leaning to former West Coast and current Swans ruckman Mark Seaby ahead of Brent Renouf.

* Hawthorn has strengthened its resolve to recruit Geelong back-up defender Tom Gillies due to the uncertain future of Hawks premiership defender Stephen Gilham, who has a degenerative knee condition. But Gillies is contracted to the Cats, who have been reluctant to strike a trade deal.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/brisbane-big-man-mitch-clark-in-line-for-3m-payday/story-fn69a32t-1226166306148
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/melbourne-demons-leading-race-for-mitch-clark/story-e6frg7mf-1226166215912

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1347 on: October 14, 2011, 02:11:04 AM »
DeepThroat still trying to convince BF he's in the know. Too bad he obviously missed seeing RFCO say earlier that we had no interest in McLean  :wallywink.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Sorry for my absence, I've been very busy with other personal things.

1stly my mail on Ivan Maric being done by lunch time was incorrect and i take that, my source tells me it was all but done. But the Super deal that was scuttled by the AFL threw everything out of whack and sent crows back to the drawing board. But it was wrong and that's that.

2ndly
I'm told it will happen tomorrow but I'm not going to promise.

3rdly
Luke macguane will end up at either Suns or Lions

4thly
Thursfeild has had interest from Carlton & Sydney

5th
Goddard is almost done, 2 top in 10 picks and maybe picks 20

6) If Goddard does not happen Foley is the next target pick 5 & 14 has been floated, foley has had a contract extention put to him a few weeks ago and has not been willing to sign at the surprise of RFC, fearing he has already been approached by GWS.
It's what I've been told so don't shoot the messenger, I like foley.

7) our efforts to secure Tim Mhor has failed.

8 ) solapeck & dan Stewart are still targets

9) there is a mid feilder we working on, Lucas & Stevens are still being considered the 2.

10) I'm also told that we are waiting till Monday ready to swoop on any deal that may fail with other clubs and players that clubs might need to offload cheaply just to releave cap pressure, but the club has a strict criteria on what type of player we take.

11) brock maclean has been put to us with the blues 1st pick in exchange for our 5th rounder or player with a low salary ie Connors or white, conditional we pick up his salary. We have declined there offer but would consider it if they got there pick under 20 or offered Lucas with him.ie Lucas & maclean for our pick 55 & player."

"Fair Call I can also tell you that Luke and or Connors with pick 37 might get deal done tomorrow. "

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=22591559&postcount=572

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #1348 on: October 14, 2011, 06:19:31 AM »
Problem with any McGaune deal is that he is on 450k a year. If deal gets done..it means there is more than one stupid AFL club in the comp.
Seems as though the Hawks know how to work trade week..most other clubs are all talk

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #1349 on: October 14, 2011, 07:18:04 AM »
Foley for pick 5 and 14???????  :lol

This guy is FOS