Author Topic: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]  (Read 225556 times)

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trade week targets & rumours? [merged]
« Reply #1410 on: October 14, 2011, 11:30:26 PM »
Be interesting to see if any deals get done over the weekend.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1411 on: October 14, 2011, 11:50:22 PM »
Edit: So far Essendon, Bulldogs, Dees, Hawks and Saints have declared no interest in Fev. So that leaves 4 other Melbourne clubs.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/10469342/bulldogs-wont-revive-fevolas-afl-career/
Apart from Jeannie Pratt, no one at Carlton wants Fev back so that leaves 3 - Pies, North and us - and I don't see us wanting Fev either with Jack and Vickery kicking 100 goals between them, Griffiths in wings and of course our own old temporary mature rookie forward in Miller lol.

Also on One Week at a Time i think it was, just before the end of the home and away season when Dimma was on, they put the question to him and he said it was a very different situation with Cousins and the club has changed. He also clearly stated "not at our club." I think it's a no brained anyway as we have our own Coleman medalist, emerging big forwards, not to mention he doesn't even fit the MO. Confident we haven't even looked in Fev's general direction.
Good memory dwaino. So it's down to either the Pies or North. Not sure why the Pies we go with Fev when they have just re-signed Dawes to play alongside Cloke. So it's top-up Naught Melbourne as Tucky would say as favourite IMO.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #1412 on: October 15, 2011, 12:00:32 AM »
Edit: So far Essendon, Bulldogs, Dees, Hawks and Saints have declared no interest in Fev. So that leaves 4 other Melbourne clubs.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/10469342/bulldogs-wont-revive-fevolas-afl-career/
Apart from Jeannie Pratt, no one at Carlton wants Fev back so that leaves 3 - Pies, North and us - and I don't see us wanting Fev either with Jack and Vickery kicking 100 goals between them, Griffiths in wings and of course our own old temporary mature rookie forward in Miller lol.

Also on One Week at a Time i think it was, just before the end of the home and away season when Dimma was on, they put the question to him and he said it was a very different situation with Cousins and the club has changed. He also clearly stated "not at our club." I think it's a no brained anyway as we have our own Coleman medalist, emerging big forwards, not to mention he doesn't even fit the MO. Confident we haven't even looked in Fev's general direction.
Good memory dwaino. So it's down to either the Pies or North. Not sure why the Pies we go with Fev when they have just re-signed Dawes to play alongside Cloke. So it's top-up Naught Melbourne as Tucky would say as favourite IMO.

Yep Naught are going for a desperate attempt to increase their membership base albeit briefly from  5 to about 12 so that Brayshaw and co can say they have had the biggest increase in membership ever recorded and to have one last crack at finals and maybe give Brent Harvey Michael Firrito and Drew Petrie one last chance to get beaten by a top 4 side by 15 goals as they did in the 2007 finals before they go into oblivion.

I hope they finish ninth again and they can be called Ninth Melbourne as someone has already mentioned before they fall down the ladder further and be referred to again as Naught Melbourne.

Alot of absolute terrible clubs none more so than Naught, St Kilda and Melbfail. :lol :rollin :lol

gerkin greg

« Reply #1413 on: October 15, 2011, 12:07:23 AM »
Dooks called Fev to Norf a while back

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #1414 on: October 15, 2011, 12:20:38 AM »
Dooks called Fev to Norf a while back

Yes, other members seem to be a bit slow on the uptake today :P :huh

gerkin greg

« Reply #1415 on: October 15, 2011, 12:37:56 AM »
FFS Jackstar was right, Bate is a gun

Melbourne has rejected the Bulldogs' offer of pick 39 for forward Matthew Bate. The Demons have asked for a first-round pick, a demand the Bulldogs believe is excessive. Bate is contracted for next year.

FFS Dees, get a clue
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 01:13:39 AM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1416 on: October 15, 2011, 01:20:03 AM »
Stick to the topic ppl in this and other threads and leave all the other "stuff"  ::) to PMs. Other posters don't want to wade through it.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1417 on: October 15, 2011, 04:19:22 AM »
THE Western Bulldogs, North Melbourne, Melbourne and Essendon have ruled out giving fallen Coleman medallist Brendan Fevola a third AFL home.

A Kangaroos spokeswoman said North Melbourne was ''definitely not'' the club.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/clubs-deny-fev-interest-20111014-1lpb9.html#ixzz1amGtk1eY

So that leaves Collingwood then?

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #1418 on: October 15, 2011, 05:55:19 AM »

Melbourne has rejected the Bulldogs' offer of pick 39 for forward Matthew Bate. The Demons have asked for a first-round pick, a demand the Bulldogs believe is excessive. Bate is contracted for next year.

FFS Dees, get a clue

Think you should get a clue, he can play and is better than half the duds on our list.

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #1419 on: October 15, 2011, 09:50:38 AM »
THE Western Bulldogs, North Melbourne, Melbourne and Essendon have ruled out giving fallen Coleman medallist Brendan Fevola a third AFL home.

A Kangaroos spokeswoman said North Melbourne was ''definitely not'' the club.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/clubs-deny-fev-interest-20111014-1lpb9.html#ixzz1amGtk1eY

So that leaves Collingwood then?

And us?

I smell a Cousin's style backflip coming and I like it!

Why wouldn't you through Fev on the rookie list. It is a wasted spot anyway and Fev would be insurance if a key forward went down. He would certainly be a lot better value than Westhoff or Miller.

Plus he would give us a spike in membership.

If he stuffs up of the field then cut him loose, anyone who says that stuff effects other players in condoning individuals who are mentally weak.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

TigerTimeII

« Reply #1420 on: October 15, 2011, 10:26:08 AM »
from what i hear the tigers are def thinking about fev  :shh

Gigantor

« Reply #1421 on: October 15, 2011, 11:10:22 AM »
as good as fev was in a past life..i can imagine the potential problems we might get ,not just off field but on field also..with maybe noses getting out of joint with jack,tyrone ,and later ben...i can see a roach/taylor scenario happening here

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #1422 on: October 15, 2011, 11:12:48 AM »
I think if Miller calls it quits he will defiantly be on our radar ;)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1423 on: October 15, 2011, 11:21:58 AM »
Plus he would give us a spike in membership.

I agree he would in a DOWNWARD spike  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

gerkin greg

« Reply #1424 on: October 15, 2011, 11:57:58 AM »

FFS Dees, get a clue

Think you should get a clue, he can play and is better than half the duds on our list.

Just winding you up slackjaw  ;)
He's slower than a three-wheeled shopping trolley