Author Topic: Alternative ticket's brochure/info  (Read 5872 times)

Ox

Re: Alternative ticket's brochure
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2004, 02:31:27 PM »
Alot of fluff in that glossy brochure.  Alot of fluff coming out of the incumbents also.  I don't pay much attention to fluff.

Alot of "during the past 5 years" 's in the brochure.  I have a memory - I know what happened in the past 5 years.  I was there.

Alot of looking in the rear view mirror stuff.  Don't take much notice of that.

I know what happened in the past - Bad.

I know what's happening now - good.

I can feel what's gonna happen in the future - exciting.

If Casey is so evil, then why is Miller so adamant that he is the right man to lead us to success.  Does Miller know something that no-one else knows ?  Does Casey have explicit photo's of Miller ?

What's the go ?

Great Post Harry  :thumbsup
Straight from the heart (while u relax at work on the internet)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2004, 02:40:35 PM »
Clearly, this group has taken a band-aid approach to solving issues that go way back.

The reason I say that this is just a get Casey campaign is because if they had taken the approach that RFC has been a basket case for over two decades, then I would agree that they knew what they were talking about and that something needs to be done about the situation.

But, as Harry says, they are deluded if they think that things have only been bad for the past 5 years.

They could come in and undo what has been done over that time, but that still wouldn’t solve the issue of why we have under-performed on the field for this amount of time.  And as long as they fail to recognise this then they can do nothing that can bring us any sort of success.  They will just take us back to the glory days of the 1990’s.

On the other hand, Miller has started on the path to undoing what has been done over all those years.  He has seen and recognised what this group aren’t even aware of.

They’ve been aiming for Casey all along and that’s where they went completely wrong.  They haven’t just missed the target, they haven't even managed to get on the board, if they think that's all that's been wrong with this Club.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2004, 03:11:18 PM by Tiger Spirit »
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2004, 07:06:52 PM »
Alot of fluff in that glossy brochure.  Alot of fluff coming out of the incumbents also.  I don't pay much attention to fluff.

Alot of "during the past 5 years" 's in the brochure.  I have a memory - I know what happened in the past 5 years.  I was there.

Alot of looking in the rear view mirror stuff.  Don't take much notice of that.

I know what happened in the past - Bad.

I know what's happening now - good.

I can feel what's gonna happen in the future - exciting.

If Casey is so evil, then why is Miller so adamant that he is the right man to lead us to success.  Does Miller know something that no-one else knows ?  Does Casey have explicit photo's of Miller ?

What's the go ?

The very first paragraph lost me.

They stated that 5 years ago we had a team that was emerging as a force (or something along those line).  This spells DELUDED with a capital D.E.L.U.D.E.D.  We were no where near an emerging force then and our list was just as bad as the list last year.  If they can't realise this with the aid if hindsight then how can they lead a club to success when careful planning is required. 

I don't care about penny pinching and conservatively breaking even while finishing thereabouts.  Take some risks and go for glory.  Sure you will hit some massive lows like what we experienced during the past 2 years, but the peaks will mind blowing.  Time to go full throttle !!

Couldn't have said it better myself Harry   :thumbsup.

I was on the floor laughing at that paragraph of the brochure as well Harry ...."a team that was emerging as a force"  :rollin... Oh Please!  ::). I must have not appreciated the master coaching of Jeff Geischen and that Hilton and Bidders (traded for our first two draft picks at the end of 98) plus Plapp, Powell and co were going to lead us to premiership glory  :lol. How about giving our core group a major pay rise when we hadn't made the finals in 4 years and were heading for a 12th placed finish! Please stop your killing me here  :rollin.

I mean I could compare 1999 to 2004 as well:

1999: No one decent wanted to coach us. Rejected by about 4-5 coaches before ending up with Spud by default.
2004: Land our first choice coach Terry Wallace

1999: Traded away top draft picks for Duds.
2004: Score 5 of the 20 most talented kids in the country. Trade Fiora for Simmonds (still cracks me up that one).

1999: Give our 4 highest profile players $$$ and long contracts to keep them at the club despite us failing again.
2004:  Offloaded not committed and $$$ chasing players (Waves at Brad).

1999: Up to our 4th coach in 5 years
2004: First new coach in 5 years

1999: Going round in circles (I've even got that heading in OER's RFC history page for 1992-onwards) lead by ametuers employing quick fixes because they shirk at the tough decisions.
2004 (post Aug): Long-term planning, conservative budget forecasts and a positive direction forward lead by professionals who know what they doing. All the tough decisions have been made.

Well if that fairy floss load of glossy codswallop is the Alternative's idea of a plan then expect a further 20 years in the mire if they get in  :help.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2004, 02:43:40 AM »
OK

Even though I think Miller is worth more to Richmond at the present than any/all of the alternate which means I will vote Casey's Ticket.

I wouldn't expect anything less than some valid points in any alternatives spin.

2 things I really liked

1/ Commit to the cause of saving the tiger species - I am a bit biased here as the Tiger is my favorite of all animals and the way this    Majestic beast has been treated by Humankind is a very sad reflection of us as a species. in 1900 100,000 Tigers in the wild and today a mere 5,000. I would like to see whoever ends up on the board consider this. May be a good way of getting sponsorships maybe Crocodile hunter or oz zoo. good for PR

2/ This is one of my major bugbears and that is the playing of home games at Telstra Dome and away games for that matter.

So you can get a gist here is the letter I sent to RFC and the reply I got names removed

HI

Once again I will have a bitch, something I have been on about for
ages.

9 Games at the G
9 Games at Telstra 4 HOME ???????????

Which one is our home ground again ?????????????????????

I take my 10 year nephew and both of us have memberships and at Telstra
it is impossible to get a decent seat most of the time.

WHY should I keep wasting my money on memberships when we only get 7
home games at our home ground ??????????

I HATE TELSTRA AND THE AFL !!!!!!!

NB the bit about membership was bluff just trying to emphasise my displeasure I will allways purchase a membership

The reply

Michael,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the dissatisfaction you have found with
the season 2005 draw.

When Telstra dome was constructed deals were compiled between the AFL all
Clubs including those whom played all their home games at the MCG.
The deal saw clubs nominate to play the majority of their home games at
Telstra Dome although clubs such as Richmond, Melbourne and Collingwood
found that their existing heritage was critically important in trying to
keep the majority of their home games at the MCG.

Therefore a compulsory deal that was constructed by the AFL and these clubs
in particular saw a minimum 3 home games fixtured at Telstra Dome, if
additional games were to be played this would be of an advantage to
home teams in regards to match receipts (payment of cash admission by all
public patrons). Additionally we unfortunately have no control over the
scheduling of away games.

The above was an extract of the reply

Collingwood (Heritage MCG) You have got to be joking  :gobdrop

I bought a cheersquad membership so my nephew and mate's kid could get good seats at Telstra (Ha youv'e got to be joking) the cheersquad has very limited seats and at big games you just continually get shoved out until there is no spots left.

We have 4 home games and 5 away at telstra and 9 games all up at the G

Poowood have 5 home and 1 away at Telstra and 12 games at the G

Richmond must get this right  >:( our home is the G  :thumbsup

froars

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2004, 04:02:54 AM »
I mean I could compare 1999 to 2004 as well:

1999: No one decent wanted to coach us. Rejected by about 4-5 coaches before ending up with Spud by default.

1999: Traded away top draft picks for Duds.
2004: Score 5 of the 20 most talented kids in the country. Trade Fiora for Simmonds (still cracks me up that one).

1999: Give our 4 highest profile players $$$ and long contracts to keep them at the club despite us failing again.
2004:  Offloaded not committed and $$$ chasing players (Waves at Brad).

1999: Up to our 4th coach in 5 years
2004: First new coach in 5 years

1999: Going round in circles (I've even got that heading in OER's RFC history page for 1992-onwards) lead by ametuers employing quick fixes because they shirk at the tough decisions.
2004 (post Aug): Long-term planning, conservative budget forecasts and a positive direction forward lead by professionals who know what they doing. All the tough decisions have been made.

Somebody send this as a flyer to RFC members - boootiful stuff MT  :bow

froars

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2004, 04:42:10 AM »

Why did we land Wallace?  It was painful the way they extended Spud's contract and stuck by him, but that was the only way we could lure a decent coach in the future.  If we had dumped Spud after a year or so, and gone back to our old Richmond ways of knifing coaches instead of supporting them, we would have ended up with Gerry Gee as coach this year  :rollin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2004, 06:11:00 PM »

Why did we land Wallace?  It was painful the way they extended Spud's contract and stuck by him, but that was the only way we could lure a decent coach in the future.  If we had dumped Spud after a year or so, and gone back to our old Richmond ways of knifing coaches instead of supporting them, we would have ended up with Gerry Gee as coach this year  :rollin

Beautifuly said Moi  :thumbsup

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2004, 06:33:51 PM »

we would have ended up with Gerry Gee as coach this year  :rollin

I agree Moi. Short term embarassing pain for likely long term pleasurable gain. (A bit like a vasectomy ;D

I'm a fan of Gerry Gee but I reckon if we got him as coach he'd just Ron Blaskett's puppet. 8)
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

froars

Re: Lorena for President lol
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2004, 07:30:56 PM »
(A bit like a vasectomy ) 
Vasectomies work for me.  Sometimes i've even felt like doing the operation myself  :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2004, 06:10:25 AM »
2 things I really liked

1/ Commit to the cause of saving the tiger species - I am a bit biased here as the Tiger is my favorite of all animals and the way this    Majestic beast has been treated by Humankind is a very sad reflection of us as a species. in 1900 100,000 Tigers in the wild and today a mere 5,000. I would like to see whoever ends up on the board consider this. May be a good way of getting sponsorships maybe Crocodile hunter or oz zoo. good for PR

We could have Steve Irwin outside the 'G and on hearing the crowd roar he says "Crikey, what was that! Sounds like ferocious Tigers in there. You wouldn't want to muck with 'em so sign up and join 'em!"  ;D

2/ This is one of my major bugbears and that is the playing of home games at Telstra Dome and away games for that matter.

We have 4 home games and 5 away at telstra and 9 games all up at the G

Poowood have 5 home and 1 away at Telstra and 12 games at the G

Richmond must get this right  >:( our home is the G  :thumbsup

I must admit I like watching footy at the Docklands now. You get use to it. However I still prefer the 'G by a mile unless stuck up high in the southern stand where the players look like ants.

I agree with you CUB that we should play all our home games at the 'G - our real home ground. Problem is we're stuck with that Telstra deal until approx. 2006 so there isn't anything the Club can do about it. Likewise with the official websites  :scream.

The deal means we're forced to play at least 3 home games at the Dome. On top that if we play Freo or Port say we are then exposed to a financial loss if a small crowd turns up (I can't remember what crowd figure you need there to break even). So we play an extra 4th home game there on the proviso we are guaranteed income.

We need a consistently winning side or at least one that plays good footy to watch before the AFL will listen. Big attendances and tv audiences talk. The last 3 years under Spud of 10 goals per game sent fans to sleep.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2004, 01:20:00 PM »
In today's (Sun 5/12/04) Sunday Hun on page 80 Rosanne Michie (who's col;umn is referred to as "Australia's Brightest Sports Gossip Column) has this to say and I must admit I had a chuckle.....

"Richmond's drama filled boardroom wrestle is about to get messier (ed: is that really possible :o)

Tiger chairman Clinton Casey is believed to be seeking legal advice over a booklet prepared by the rival ticket, which Casey claims defames him.

And in yet another twist in saga, it appears the Charles Macek-Brendan Schwab ticket has made its own little corporate governance blunder. (ed: a bit more than "little" :lol)

They produced 25,000 of the booklets to send out in the official club ballot mailout this week. But the publication contravenes the club's rules, according ot our spy. 

"The By-laws say you can only submit one A4 page on each of the candidates. So they will  have to send the booklet out to the 18,000-plus members at their own expense." said our man on the inside.

"If they do send it, it will be at their own peril as Clinton may sue."

This follows the recent damaging fallout after Casey's didn't do its hoemwork on its attempt to recruit Rex Hunt."

===================

Sorry but I cannot help but  :lol :rollin :lol :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2004, 02:10:04 PM »
If Casey deciced to sue over defamatory and slanderous remarks made on Richmond sites over the past couple of months I reckon he'd keep a whole law firm busy. :)
With 2 lawyers on the alternative ticket (Schwab & Hall) you'd think they might have more carefully run a professional eye over their manifesto.
Will be interesting to see if Rhett Bartlett removes the "visionary" statement from his site in light of this reported possible action.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2004, 04:32:21 PM »
If Casey deciced to sue over defamatory and slanderous remarks made on Richmond sites over the past couple of months I reckon he'd keep a whole law firm busy. :)

LOL ;D

With 2 lawyers on the alternative ticket (Schwab & Hall) you'd think they might have more carefully run a professional eye over their manifesto.

It's funny but at the same time somewhat concerning to see so-called experienced lawyers and big business people failing to understand bleedingly obvious rules. For heaven's sake you don't need to be a lawyer to know the election rules about needing to be a member and submitting a single A4 page of paper per candidate. Neither side in all this can't take the high moral ground on having an eye for detail  :P.   

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Alternative ticket's info
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2004, 02:12:14 AM »
The Big 4 - www.tigersbig4.com.au

2 December, 2004

Dear Fellow Richmond Member,

Richmond Football Club Election

We are delighted to provide you with our vision for restoring the mighty Richmond Football Club to its rightful position as one of the most feared and respected clubs in the AFL - a 'Big 4' Melbourne-based club - both on and off the field.

In addition to our vision and strategy for the Club, you will see that our plans have the full support of some of the most respected and revered names in the history of the Tigers.

There is a lot of talk in this election about 'stability'. Re-electing Clinton Casey will not bring stability to the Richmond Football Club. Stability will only come from electing a leadership team with the acumen and integrity to be trusted with rebuilding the Club's finances and uniting the Richmond Football Family.

As you will see, great care has been taken in assembling the 'Big 4' Team. We are a united force and we invite you - our fellow Members - to join with some Tiger legends in sharing our vision for the future.

We hope you will take the time to carefully read about the 'Big 4'. Please follow the 'how to vote card' by voting for all 9 members of the 'Big 4' Team. Remember, you must lodge your vote by 17 December 2004.

EAT 'EM ALIVE!!!!!!!!

Signed:

Charles Macek  Bryan Wood  Sharon Hall
Brendan Schwab Trevor Barrot Colin Radford
Michael Humphris Robert Edgley Peter Welsh

The Big 4 Brochure [PDF File] - http://www.rhettrospective.com/Big%204.pdf

---------------------------------------------------------

"I believe strongly that Clinton Casey came in on a banner of 'time for a change' because we hadn't had success. Five years later nothing has changed. Traveling in on the train to watch Richmond play over the past few years, and traveling home again after another loss -I have seen and shared the disappointment and disillusionment of so many Richmond people. In the end,
I just want to see Richmond win - on and off the field. The record of the past five years speaks for itselt No one can claim that we are better off than we were five years ago. That's why I am supporting change and the Tigers' 'Big 4' team." - Francis Bourke

---------------------------------------------------------------

The Big 4 - www.tigersbig4.com.au

Dear fellow Tiger,

We would like to introduce ourselves to you and to outline our vision and strategy to ensure that the Richmond Football Club regains its place at top of the AFL competition.

We are:

Trevor Barrot  Robert Edgley  Sharon Hall
 Michael Humphris Charles Macek  Colin Radford
 Brendan Schwab Bryan Wood Peter Welsh

We have deliberately included this single sheet on behalf of all nine members of the Tigers' Big 4 team, because we sincerely believe that the Richmond family has been divided for too long and only a team - committed to working together for the benefit of the Club and its supporters - can deliver sustained success.

With this in mind we would encourage you, in filling out your ballot paper, to mark the box next to the names of all nine members of the Tigers' Big 4 team, as shown above.

A far more detailed document with individual candidates' biographies and endorsements from some of the most respected names in the history of our proud Club has also been mailed to you. You may have already received this document or should do so shortly.

We have also established a website: www.tigersbig4.com.au, where you can down load our strategy, plan and credentials. We will be updating this site throughout our campaign.

We hope you will take the time to carefully read about the 'Big 4' before casting your vote in this election, which will shape the future of our famous Club.

The starting point in any plan is to set in place a strong and united leadership team with the acumen and integrity to be trusted with the task of rebuilding the Club's finances.   .

You may have recently received the 2004 RFC Annual Report which shows that the Club recorded a loss of $2.19 million for this year, the worst in the history of the Club. This is on top of the $880,000 loss in 2003 - leading to a combined loss in excess of $3 million over the past two years.

With all of these factors in mind, we would ask you to read this summary [Ed. below] of the Tigers' Big 4 vision.

--------------------------------------------------

The Tigers' Big 4 Team

"Our aim is to restore the Richmond Football Club to its rightful position as one of the most feared and respected clubs in the AFL - a Big 4 Melbourne-based club - both on and off the field."

------------------------------------------------------------

ONE- The Tiger

The name, jumper, emblem, song and home (Punt Road) are the icons of our famous Club. We will ensure the Richmond Tiger - and all that it represents - is valued as a Big 4 club. This will be measured by:

- the AFL fixture and blockbuster status for the Tigers; - sponsorship revenue;

- the financial and professional support of coterie groups; and - merchandise sales and revenue.

TWO - The Team

Next to our fans, our players are our most important asset. Playing for Richmond will be a Big 4 opportunity for the game's best players. We will:

- build our finances to ensure we can pay 100% of the salary cap;

- re-energise the Jack Dyer Foundation for its stated purpose;

- ensure our player welfare and development programmes are world's best practice;

- commit our future to the MCG through new negotiations with the MCC and the AFL;

- negotiate a new lease for the Punt Road Oval that gives the players access to facilities that match the AFL's best; and

- ensure our team is supported by an absolute commitment to implementing the latest and most sophisticated sports science and conditioning methods.

THREE - The  Fans

The fans are the heart and soul of the club and have supported the Tigers through thick and thin. As the Board, we will reciprocate and build on that loyalty and commitment. No other factor will be more important to our success than:

- a membership base of 40,000, or 10% of all Tiger fans; - average attendances of 40,000; and

- blockbuster crowds of 60,000 plus.

FOUR - The Finances

Of course, securing the financial viability and future of the Richmond Football Club is essential if we are to implement our plan. We now know that the Club has lost $3 million over the past two years. Our first job will be to restore our financial position and achieve a positive trading result and working capital position. We will do this by:

- adopting the highest standards of corporate governance under the leadership and guidance of Charles Macek and Mike Humphris, both internationally respected experts in this field; and

- re-engaging with influential supporters who have "walked" in recent years disillusioned with the Club's culture and performance; their direct financial contribution, business networks and expertise will be needed to supplement limited Club resources.

We thank you for taking the time to read this material and hope you share our vision to restore Richmond to its rightful position as a Big 4 AFL powerhouse.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2004, 02:25:11 AM by mightytiges »

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Alternative ticket's reconsidering??????
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2004, 01:12:33 AM »