Author Topic: Adam Pattison  (Read 1002 times)

Ramps

Adam Pattison
« on: October 07, 2009, 08:32:00 AM »
With clubs looking desperately for a ruckman, I would have thought that there would been some modicum of interest in Adam Pattison- he isnt a great player but he isnt a bad player either. A late 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder may have been possible I would have thought- especially seeing as most believe that the draft isnt that deep this year.

2004 National draft for us was just disgraceful. To think of it ...most of our drafts have been disgraceful.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Adam Pattison
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 04:15:31 PM »
With clubs looking desperately for a ruckman,

You said it all there Ramps, they are looking for a ruckman.   What is Patto, apart from a goal post.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 10:04:43 PM »
With clubs looking desperately for a ruckman, I would have thought that there would been some modicum of interest in Adam Pattison- he isnt a great player but he isnt a bad player either. A late 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder may have been possible I would have thought- especially seeing as most believe that the draft isnt that deep this year.

2004 National draft for us was just disgraceful. To think of it ...most of our drafts have been disgraceful.

I think its unlikely he will make it at AFL level and I suspect everyone out there knows it.  He may surprise us and come good, often talls take longer to come good but I'm not holding my breath.  I think he is one of the reasons we have kept Simmonds as a backup.  If patto fails it would leave graham and one of the younger guys as our ruck division, not a healthy position to be in.

Still he may have a bit of Justin Madden somewhere within that bean pole, just I dont see it.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2009, 10:10:38 PM »
Patto is a plodder at best. At his stage of his career I'm sure blokes like Cox, Lade, Hille were doing twice as much as Patto and with our record of nurturing players if there was something there pre getting drafted it stunted their growth once at the club. The lack of interest unfortunantely is a reflection of where Patto is at.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 10:22:26 PM »
Ruckmen now need to be 200cm+ tall and can leap. Patto fails on both accounts.

With Jamar re-signing today I wonder if a club would re-consider Simmo?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Jackstar is back

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2009, 10:56:22 PM »
Richmond reconsidering Simmo ?
He told me 2 weeks ago he was staying and signed a 1 year contract

the claw

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 11:07:01 PM »
lol he will be delisted what a spud. and to think a player with so many deficiencies lasted 5yrs only at the rabble footy club.