Author Topic: Dean Putt  (Read 5874 times)

richmondrules

Re: Pick 51 - Dean Putt
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2007, 12:47:28 PM »
i highley recommend you's watch the the footage of him on the RFC website. you's will be impressed!

Sorry nugget didn't read the last sentence of you post, this is the vision I am talking about.  ;)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2007, 03:37:16 PM »
Yeah I watched it and like Rance and Cotchin I was super impressed.  :thumbsup :thumbsup Putts flexibility and speed for a big man were nothing short of
outstanding!

Cotchin does play like a Garry Ablett Jnr type and if he turns out to be half as good, I'll be happy! The thing that impressed me the most about Trent was his anticipation and ability to slip out of impossible situations. Some of the footage was from a game in the mud yet all his skills made it look like he was playing on a good track.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2007, 06:34:10 PM »
Yeah I watched it and like Rance and Cotchin I was super impressed.  :thumbsup :thumbsup Putts flexibility and speed for a big man were nothing short of
outstanding!

Cotchin does play like a Garry Ablett Jnr type and if he turns out to be half as good, I'll be happy! The thing that impressed me the most about Trent was his anticipation and ability to slip out of impossible situations. Some of the footage was from a game in the mud yet all his skills made it look like he was playing on a good track.
I can't get the vision on Mozilla (it says you need IE) but if that's the Vic Metro vs SA game in the mud tiga then yep you're on the money. In one passage of play he scooped the muddy ball off the deck under pressure and drilled a 50m pass to the leading CHF's advantage side so the defender had no chance of spoiling  :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2007, 06:35:24 PM »
This is interesting.  Not sure if anyone picked it up but I noticed that, when asked about Dean Putt, greg miller said

Quote from: Miller
“Big Dean is a potential power forward,” Miller explained.

“He’s very quick, very athletic, 202cm and again he adds to the size of our list.”

http://richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=53777

He didn't say "potential ruckman" or "forward who can ruck" or the other way around - just "power forward."  A 202cm full forward - hope he can kick. 

Maybe we'll still short a ruckman... 

Dean is a ruckman who rests up forward. The fact that he is so handy up forward meant that he was increasingly used there.
The more versatile our talls are the better.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2007, 06:56:36 PM »
THE LOWDOWN ON THE TIGERS' 2008 RECRUITS
RFC email

DEAN PUTT:  Draft pick No. 51

Recruited from:  Calder Cannons
Born: 10/4/89
Height:  202.5cm
Weight:  89.7kg

Athletic tall with good speed and endurance combination, highlighted by 2.93 seconds for 20 metres and a 14.1 beep test at the recent AFL State screening session.  Showed significant improvement during the second half of the '07 season and was the Cannons leading goalkicker.  Proved very hard for opposition sides to match up on during the finals series because of his size, agility and skills.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2007, 12:07:48 PM »
New Tigers in focus: Dean Putt
10:43 AM Tue 18 December, 2007

By Ben Broad

for richmondfc.com.au

AS A player who's completing a traineeship in greenkeeping with the name Dean Putt, Richmond’s tall draftee is every sports journalist’s dream.

The fact that he is also handy with a golf club is just an added bonus.

But it’s on the footy field that Tigers fans care if Putt is any good.

Full article: http://richmondfc.com.au/tabid/6301/default.aspx?newsid=54372
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

richmondrules

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2007, 12:26:44 PM »
New Tigers in focus: Dean Putt
10:43 AM Tue 18 December, 2007

By Ben Broad

for richmondfc.com.au

AS A player who's completing a traineeship in greenkeeping with the name Dean Putt, Richmond’s tall draftee is every sports journalist’s dream.

The fact that he is also handy with a golf club is just an added bonus.

But it’s on the footy field that Tigers fans care if Putt is any good.

Full article: http://richmondfc.com.au/tabid/6301/default.aspx?newsid=54372

I'm having all sorts of problems using the click here link for the video. The link below works for me.

http://wm9.streaming.telstra.com/wh_afl1/OnDemand/PreSeason08/071212_putt.wmv

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2007, 01:52:45 PM »
i just hope he does better then the last No. 19 from Calder Cannons we picked up !

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2007, 02:45:40 PM »
It'll be interesting which position he finishes up playing mostly - in the ruck or up forward? He could end up swapping with Patto during games down the track.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Dean Putt
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2009, 01:58:32 PM »
Putty is off to Southport to play alongside Cleve....

http://www.southportsharks.com.au/football/seniors.php

Southport have moved quickly to bolster a ruck division depleted by the loss of Queensland and Team of the Year big man Broc McCauley to the Brisbane Lions, signing former Richmond giant Dean Putt.

Putt, originally from the Wood End via the Calder Cannons, had two years at Punt Road without breaking into the senior side but is seen as a perfect replacement for McCauley after his rookie list selection by theLions.

Twenty-year-old Putt is an exceptionally mobile 203cm and 98kg, invariably running with many of the Richmond midfielders in the long-distance work.

He was drafted by the Tigers at No.52 in the 2007 AFL National Draft after playing a key role in the Calder Cannons’ 2007 TAC Cup premiership in his third year in what is the game’s primary development nursery in the country.

The prized capture of Putt adds to Southport’s already impressive list of recruits, which includes former Grogan Medalist Matty Payne, who has returned to Queensland after 12 months with SANFL club Sturt, plus 16-game Richmond key forward Cleve Hughes, former Adelaide and Carlton player Darren Pfeiffer and Victorian Amateur Open and U23 representative utility player Cam MacLaren from Marcellin Old Collegians.

They compensate for the loss of McCauley, Justin Kahlefeldt, Jason Burge, Fraser Pope Damien Charleston,David Meli,Cam Betts and Mark Lynch.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2009, 05:37:28 PM »
anyone know where Justin Kahlefeldt lobbed???
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2009, 06:04:21 PM »
anyone know where Justin Kahlefeldt lobbed???

Coburg

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2009, 09:49:30 PM »
The problem Putty had was he was a small trapped in a KPP's body. Looks like he and Cleve are up there  trying to get GC17's attention.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Putt's Punt (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2010, 08:59:08 AM »
Not on the web but this is in today's Sunday Herald-Sun.

PUTT'S PUNT
By Craig Hitchison
Sunday Herald-Sun 03 JAN 2010, Page S20

FORMER Richmond big man Dean Putt is punting on a future with the Gold Coast, joining AFL Queensland powerhouse Southport.

The 203cm ruckman trained with Hawthorn before Christmas, but he was overlooked in the pre-season and rookie drafts.

Putt spent two seasons with the Tigers before being dumped at the end of last year.

Former teammate Cleve Hughes has also joined Southport, which has a partnership with the Gold Coast.