Author Topic: Benny Gale on SEN @ 5.30pm  (Read 1076 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Benny Gale on SEN @ 5.30pm
« on: January 14, 2010, 03:57:32 PM »
Benny Gale to be interviewed on SEN @ 5.30pm this arvo. Tune in.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Benny Gale on SEN @ 5.30pm
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 05:47:59 PM »
Benny was just on.....

* Sleeping giant thinking has made us lazy. In desperation in trying to get to our 11th premiership we've made poor decisions.

* it's going to take the whole organsation including our members getting on board (we exist for our members) sticking to a plan to achieve success.

* He'd be surprise if there's been a greater turnover of players at the club ever. But it's a proven formula. In the past we took shortcuts.

* Our people are more optimistic about the later half of the draft.

* Of the members who have come on board 1000 are new (never been members before) and half of those are under 18.

* Acknowledges there's a lot of work to do on-field. Hardwick has been very intensive on education and development. He knows what it takes.

* SEN guys feel like for the first time in a long time the whole club is on the same page. Gale said he's 100% positive we have a group of people committed to the team.

* Hardwick will be involved with our commercial partners as we go along.

* Asked if Richmond has ever bottomed out? As a player we finished 9th many times. Bottomed out last year. We knew something had to change and everyone from the Board down understood that.

* We'll be challenged over the journey but we need to be single-minded, to stick fat, and to stick to the long-term plan.

* At the AFLPA he was a big believer in free agency. A big believer in fairness and players controlling their own destiny. In deregularisation. Still feels that way. Doesn't feel his new position and that view are mutually exclusive.

* Loves his new job. Wakes up each morning with a passion to go to work. Feels a great responsibility. Will have some sleepness nights but if we can get this right it's going to be a beautful thing. But it'll happen only if we all work together.

* Is this year about development? Wins/losses? Is it about finals? Would answer that by saying we are focussed on winning our 11th premiership. We won't be making short-term decisions and will always judge things according to what it takes to winning our 11th flag.

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 06:01:12 PM »
I know its was no big secret but it didnt fill me with confidence when Benny admitted that previously the club as a whole hadnt been on the same page.  Although he did say they were all heading in the same direction now.

I did like the way he wouldnt get pushed into saying what was a pass this year in terms of win/loss, saying that ultimatly we are aiming at our 11th premiership and that is what we are working towards.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 06:03:16 PM »
Always good to hear from Gale, very honest and very SUPPORTIVE and POSITIVE of our club, the coaching staff and the players!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 10:53:54 PM »
he is a very intelligent man B.Gale, and when i heard he was CEO of Richmond, he won my belief in Richmond people wanting to help Richmond.

hopefully his appointed was the turning point at Richmond, because i personally love his attitude.

:)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 01:28:47 PM »
Benny was just on.....

* Sleeping giant thinking has made us lazy. In desperation in trying to get to our 11th premiership we've made poor decisions.

* it's going to take the whole organsation including our members getting on board (we exist for our members) sticking to a plan to achieve success.

* He'd be surprise if there's been a greater turnover of players at the club ever. But it's a proven formula. In the past we took shortcuts.

* Acknowledges there's a lot of work to do on-field. Hardwick has been very intensive on education and development. He knows what it takes.

* We'll be challenged over the journey but we need to be single-minded, to stick fat, and to stick to the long-term plan.

* Loves his new job. Wakes up each morning with a passion to go to work. Feels a great responsibility. Will have some sleepness nights but if we can get this right it's going to be a beautful thing. But it'll happen only if we all work together.

* Is this year about development? Wins/losses? Is it about finals? Would answer that by saying we are focussed on winning our 11th premiership. We won't be making short-term decisions and will always judge things according to what it takes to winning our 11th flag.

Now that's what I'm talking about. :)

Great stuff Benny. Club has my support no matter how tough this season might be. :clapping

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 01:22:31 AM »
At least they are aware of the magnitude of the job at hand and not b/s us on how they are this and this and this.
It's refreshingly honest.