Author Topic: Senior Players  (Read 908 times)

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
Senior Players
« on: April 03, 2010, 11:33:18 AM »
Hey guys i know its a bit early for this :P but now that Richo, Brown ect are gone we would have a crap load of money yes? so i was think we could throw in a bid for some good senior players next year with end of contracts. i know this is like a 5 % chance but with the money we have got ... could we... dear i might say it .. throw in a bid to match gold coast 17 and give Gazza captaincy and a chance to lead tigers to a flag? or offer other senior players a spot?

if you could name some players we could pick up that would help us greatly with our new found money?

jackstar is back again

Re: Senior Players
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 11:36:32 AM »
or do we pay our duds more money eg What we did with Schulz in 2008 ::)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 11:41:53 AM »
Hey guys i know its a bit early for this :P but now that Richo, Brown ect are gone we would have a crap load of money yes? so i was think we could throw in a bid for some good senior players next year with end of contracts. i know this is like a 5 % chance but with the money we have got ... could we... dear i might say it .. throw in a bid to match gold coast 17 and give Gazza captaincy and a chance to lead tigers to a flag? or offer other senior players a spot?

if you could name some players we could pick up that would help us greatly with our new found money?

Don't think we can, CG17 have first crack at all uncontracted players, if Gaz does wan't to go he will have to go the GC17 or stay at the Cats. He wouldn't come to us anyway IMO for all the money in the world, his brother is at GC17 and I am sure he would want to play with him again.

Not really sure who is out of contract from other clubs but we do need some experience at the end of this year IMO.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 12:18:21 PM »

NO
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 12:57:33 PM »
Hell no
However, I have no problem chasing a 2nd tier ruckman so we can give Simmo the ass and give the developing ruckmen some protection

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 02:53:52 PM »

[/quote]
Not really sure who is out of contract from other clubs but we do need some experience at the end of this year IMO.
[/quote]

My point exactly  :thumbsup

Ramps

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 02:59:36 PM »
i agree that we should throw some money around even if we dont land anyone the clubs who retain players will pay over the odds and have cap issues, as for us we cant be anywhere near the cap so we sould pick out 1 or 2 targets and make some huge bids anyway.