Author Topic: Simmonds playing on good decision or not?  (Read 4728 times)

jackstar is back again

Re: Simmonds playing on good decision or not?
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2010, 07:15:46 PM »
wasnt the decision to move otto on already made before terry took over

Wallace tried to keep him, but he didnt want to play under Wallace and left for more money

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2010, 07:25:13 PM »
Keeping Simmonds was a good decision.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2010, 07:30:11 PM »
Keeping Simmonds was a good decision.

Agree

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2010, 08:17:02 PM »
Jack agree with Patto, a very suspect top 20 selection at the time and proven so 6 years on. Patto has come along way though IMO he was a mediocre Junior footballer at best. He was more a CHF that could ruck in teh forward line (Drew Petrie) than a full time ruckman... who knows what he drafted him for.

Simmonds.

I'm sorry he looks unfit, he's slow, he's kicking efficiency is suburban standard, his leap/ruck work is consistent with our ladder position 15th/16th in the AFL.

Band Aid option 1:
Rotate Polak/Tuck in centre bounce then pushing fwd with Vickory going around the ground.

Band Aid option 1:
Play Browne/Vickory rotating full time ruck with Polak/Moore filling up when needed.

You wont convince me in a million years that Simmonds staying was the right decision. I have huge respect for Troy and wish he was more competetive but he is a below par, unfit 30+ ruckman who hasn't beaten a top 8 ruckman since maybe 2006-07 at best.

Yes he may have a crack but so would I. And it's irrelevant when your jogging in the centre of the ground whilst a ball up is being contested by 1 Carlton Ruckman and 0 Tiger Rucks. It was Troy more often than Vickory at fault. Vickory spent maybe 30% of game in our fwd 50. Simmonds was 100% ruckman all game. The only thing I could think of was that it was Hardwicks plan of our defensive zone having Troy stay in the centre square as a big body...

Portecting our young rucks is a fine excuse but Troy wasn't the correct bodygaurd. I'd have been happy to see Tuck get beaten 100% of the time in the rucks and compete around the ground then see Troy win 20% of ruck contests and then big a log of skin floating around the middle of the ground..

It just was a bad call.
Go Tigers!

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2010, 08:22:07 PM »

Wallace tried to keep him, but he didnt want to play under Wallace and left for more money

that's not entirely true, the club offered him a reduced contract following two ordinary seasons in succession, Geelong showed interest, the club were cool on his VALUE and preferred the 2 first R draft picks that upping the ante on his contract. We could have retained him, TW preferred to roll the dice that netted us Meyer and Patto :banghead
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

jackstar is back again

« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2010, 08:25:41 PM »

that's not entirely true, the club offered him a reduced contract following two ordinary seasons in succession, Geelong showed interest, the club were cool on his VALUE and preferred the 2 first R draft picks that upping the ante on his contract. We could have retained him, TW preferred to roll the dice that netted us Meyer and Patto :banghead

Be careful here
You will cause an internet riot if you remind people who we got . Meyer and Patto :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead
Know the family, he went for $$$$$$$$$ and didnt want to play under Wallace

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2010, 08:49:32 PM »
jack ,otto saw we were a basket case and left,,thats my take on it now

Yes i'd love someone like him at the club...Do you think that maybe it would have been wiser to hang onto Patto for one more year and dispense with simmo?

Seen Patto at Northern Knights, was hopeless below his knees and was a bit uncoordinated.= aint going to make it.
There is a perception in the AFL if they are 6Ft 5 ins, they will make it,  :banghead
Need to just keep turning them over to you find a good one, we tend to hold onto them for too long.
If Browne cant play senior footballer regularly this year, he is out the door with Graham a step ahead of him.
Would try and trade for one of Brisbanes ruckman.
Absolute garbage that Browne will be delisted so soon, it's only his 2nd year. You can't give up on ruckmen that quickly.
Stop comparing rookie listed ruck projects against Top 5 picks in players like Ryder and Ottens. We have Vickery now, we have to wait for him to develop too.

Wouldn't mind us trying to get McCulloch from Brisbane, he wouldn't have much chance to play with Clarke, Leuenberger & Charman on the list.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2010, 08:53:52 PM »

Yes i'd love someone like him at the club...Do you think that maybe it would have been wiser to hang onto Patto for one more year and dispense with simmo?

Seen Patto at Northern Knights, was hopeless below his knees and was a bit uncoordinated.= aint going to make it.
There is a perception in the AFL if they are 6Ft 5 ins, they will make it,  :banghead
Need to just keep turning them over to you find a good one, we tend to hold onto them for too long.
If Browne cant play senior footballer regularly this year, he is out the door with Graham a step ahead of him.
Absolute garbage that Browne will be delisted so soon, it's only his 2nd year. You can't give up on ruckmen that quickly.
Stop comparing rookie listed ruck projects against Top 5 picks in players like Ryder and Ottens. We have Vickery now, we have to wait for him to develop too.

Wouldn't mind us trying to get McCulloch from Brisbane, he wouldn't have much chance to play with Clarke, Leuenberger & Charman on the list.

Oh yes you can get rid of them, thats why we aint any good, holding onto duds.
We aint been brutual enough with the players in the past.
If you dont show anything, move them on.
Would think Browne would need to play at least 5-8 senior games to be considered a contract in 2011., otherwise out the door

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2010, 11:19:26 PM »

Oh yes you can get rid of them, thats why we aint any good, holding onto duds.
We aint been brutual enough with the players in the past.
If you dont show anything, move them on.
Would think Browne would need to play at least 5-8 senior games to be considered a contract in 2011., otherwise out the door
Bullshiet!!

TigerTimeII

« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2010, 12:53:58 PM »
simmonds really lead the way on thursday nite lol
he is poo crapola, and should have been delisted
he must be the softest weakest black belt going around, no physical toughness and no mental strength,
he can go play with his non venomous snakes