Author Topic: keeping the faith  (Read 1110 times)

Offline tiger till i die

• RFC Hall of Fame
keeping the faith
« on: April 14, 2010, 05:28:34 PM »
I was walking out of the SCG with my head down .. not in the happiest mood when a group of old tigers saw me and said " keep your heap up buddy cause right now we are all they have got" which nrightend up my night a little.. just thought i would share it with you guys  :)

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: keeping the faith
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 05:39:22 PM »
thanks for the TTID! I keep telling people who havent signed up, that now is the time they really really need us, Its very easy to follow a winning team, takes a lot more strength to follow a team when theyre down. Do I sound like I'm trying to convince myself? lol

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 05:41:59 PM »
I was walking out of the SCG with my head down .. not in the happiest mood when a group of old tigers saw me and said " keep your heap up buddy cause right now we are all they have got" which nrightend up my night a little.. just thought i would share it with you guys  :)

Do they mean we are all the team has?  ???

I would be more inclined to say that we are at the worst on-period of our clubs existence and it is through these times that true greatness emerges. If we can swallow the pain and remain true to the hardship we must endue then we will become the club we all remember and hope to create again.

No one can empathize with the pain of Tiger supporter, no other barracker can hope to understand the endless disappointment, frustration and suffering. We can only hope and believe that we are finally building the foundations of success which has crumbled continuously beneath our efforts in the past.

We can take comfort that this year and perhaps next, will be the lowest point in our history but we endure it because we know it could bring about the greatest era from all the hardship.

This is what keeps me coming back. It's what helps me suffer through the opposition ridicule which has turned to sympathy. It's what makes me keep my son still barracking. It's what makes me watch the embarrassing games.

This is the beginning, it's not the end. We are rising and the other clubs will soon begin to fear the 'Eat 'em alive' cry once again.

This is how I keep the faith

Stripes

TigerTimeII

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 05:50:35 PM »
i have faith an dthe scoreboard in sydney  didnt really reflect how the game went, all it showed is we were unable to put the score on the board, but in general play we matched sydney

we must look at the bigger picture and the stage of our development , its not about the scoreboard atm, dimma know sthat

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 05:52:38 PM »

Do they mean we are all the team has?  ???

I would be more inclined to say that we are at the worst on-period of our clubs existence and it is through these times that true greatness emerges. If we can swallow the pain and remain true to the hardship we must endue then we will become the club we all remember and hope to create again.

No one can empathize with the pain of Tiger supporter, no other barracker can hope to understand the endless disappointment, frustration and suffering. We can only hope and believe that we are finally building the foundations of success which has crumbled continuously beneath our efforts in the past.

We can take comfort that this year and perhaps next, will be the lowest point in our history but we endure it because we know it could bring about the greatest era from all the hardship.

This is what keeps me coming back. It's what helps me suffer through the opposition ridicule which has turned to sympathy. It's what makes me keep my son still barracking. It's what makes me watch the embarrassing games.

This is the beginning, it's not the end. We are rising and the other clubs will soon begin to fear the 'Eat 'em alive' cry once again.

This is how I keep the faith

Stripes

lol stripes you forgot the hallellujah!....but otherwise.....nicely said :gotigers

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 06:12:31 PM »
My faith is fine, rock solid in fact

2010 = no expectations, so no real pain

I've seen positives every week. the scoreboard isn't what it's about in 2010, it's about the future, which means seeing how the kids go and how those who've been around a few season go under a new regime

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 06:14:18 PM »
Good thread! We have truly bottomed out i believe! It is credit to us all that we remain so loyal!

Offline Carvels Ring

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 06:20:14 PM »
We can always bottom out at lower levels.  we have proved that time and time again.  However, there is more hope around the place than in the past few years.  Once we realised that Spud was a dud and Wallace was a charlatan we really caved in as supporters.  i think we are fair dinkum again and backing Hardwick.  More players will get axed at the end of this year and we will keep turning them over and over until we are competitive again.

Go Tigers!

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 07:19:16 PM »
I lmao when some simple minded boofhead suggested we haven't bottomed out yet, so what, when simmo and cuz stop making their "massive" contribution we will be really stuffed ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled