Author Topic: Tigers lash Ben Cousins relapse claim (Herald-Sun)  (Read 5633 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Ricky rapped over Cuz claims (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2010, 09:13:50 AM »
``I worry sometimes that people are almost willing him (Ben) to fail. It's pretty disappointing . . .

I think there's no doubt about this.
Society is a pretty sick place these days given it's fascination with watching celebrities who fall off the perch and make no mistake unfortunately Benny's footballing achievements are currently trailing a distant second in the papers to his celeb appeal. We've seen it all before.
Pretty disgusting how personal battles have become a source of entertainment for the masses.
The media has a lot to answer for in this regard but I guess there's a lot of people who've always loved the freak show.
Olarenshaw is copping the flack here but Caro started this recent wave of crap. She's wearing the ringmaster's hat. :P

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Ricky Olarenshaw apologises for Ben Cousins rumour (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2010, 02:25:53 PM »
Ricky Olarenshaw apologises for Ben Cousins rumours

* Finn Bradshaw & Eliza Sewell
    * April 09, 2010 12:55PM

PLAYER agent Ricky Olarenshaw has apologised for broadcasting rumours about Ben Cousins.

Earlier this week, Olarenshaw - who works for Channel Seven on its Friday night broadcasts as well as representing several AFL players - said during his regular spot on radio station Gold FM that Cousins had gone off the rails and was considering walking away from the game.

The club denied the allegations, saying Cousins had missed their Round 2 loss to the Western Bulldogs with knee soreness, not for any other reason.

"On Tuesday I spoke on this program about some rumours than were circulating that Ben Cousins may have lost his way, and an announcement was imminent about his future," Olarenshaw said on Gold FM this morning.

"I spoke with Richmond Football Club and his management during the week and they assured me his knee problem kept him out of Round 2 and he is in a good place mentally and physically at the moment and there is no question about his future at the club.

"I apologise for airing those rumours and putting Ben Cousins and the Richmond Football Club unfairly in the spotlight and causing unnecessary upset to Ben."

Later this morning, Richmond coach Damien Hardwick said the club knows exactly what Cousins is up to and is happy with the veteran despite the rumours, MX reports.

"We take (the rumours) with a grain of salt to be perfectly honest," Hardwick said today.

"It’s been dealt with so we move on pretty quickly.

"We know exactly where Cuz is at and what he’s doing and we’re happy with the way he’s going at the moment.

"We just hope his onfield stuff can take care of itself and (he can) move forward from there."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/ricky-olarenshaw-apologises-for-ben-cousins-rumours/story-e6frf9jf-1225851819849

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers lash Ben Cousins relapse claim (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2010, 03:26:35 PM »
Good to see some one in the media realise their mistake and deal with it.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2010, 03:52:35 PM »
Hopefully this will be the end of the innuendo and invasiveness.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers back fit Ben Cousins (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2010, 06:33:04 AM »
Tigers back fit Ben Cousins
Scott Gullan
Herald Sun
April 10, 2010

BEN Cousins will play tonight against Sydney and is an important part of Richmond's future.

That was the declaration yesterday from Tigers coach Damien Hardwick following another turbulent week for his veteran midfielder.

Earlier this week Cousins' fitness and long-term future was questioned on radio by player manager Ricky Olarenshaw, who said he "may have lost his way again".

The 31-year-old missed last week's game against the Western Bulldogs because of what the club said was a knee injury.

"He's trained well this week, which is pleasing," Hardwick said. "He'll play and hopefully he plays well for us. He's an important player for our side.

"He adds a lot of experience and he knows how to play the game and our young guys can learn a lot off him.

"What 'Cuz' does is actually provide great on-field leadership for us, which is really important at this stage of our young players' careers."

Earlier yesterday Olarenshaw apologised for broadcasting rumours about Cousins.

The former Essendon premiership player - who works for Channel 7 as well as representing several AFL players - said during his regular spot on radio station Gold FM that Cousins had gone off the rails and was considering walking away from the game.

"On Tuesday I spoke on this program about some rumours that were circulating that Ben Cousins may have lost his way, and an announcement was imminent about his future," Olarenshaw said.

"I spoke with Richmond Football Club and his management during the week and they assured me his knee problem kept him out of Round 2 and he is in a good place mentally and physically at the moment and there is no question about his future at the club.

"I apologise for airing those rumours and putting Ben Cousins and the Richmond Football Club unfairly in the spotlight and causing unnecessary upset to Ben."

Hardwick said the club was getting used to dealing with Cousins rumours.

"We know exactly where Cuz is at and what he's doing and we're happy with the way he's going at the moment," Hardwick said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tigers-back-fit-ben-cousins/story-e6frf9jf-1225852063065

Offline 3rogerd

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2010, 03:16:39 PM »
Hopefully this will be the end of the innuendo and invasiveness.

dont bet on it...im sure there is more to come.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Underworld figure John Kizon describes his mate Ben Cousins (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2010, 05:08:14 AM »
Underworld figure John Kizon describes his mate Ben Cousins
Liam Houlihan
Sunday Herald Sun
April 11, 2010

UNDERWORLD kingpin John Kizon has defended mate Ben Cousins against claims the recovering drug addict suffered a relapse.

Describing the partyboy footballer as "a guy with a big heart", the Melbourne-born WA crime identity talked of their close friendship and how he had tried to help Cousins.

"I spoke to a good mate of his about 10 minutes ago. He's good as gold," Kizon, pictured left, said. "He's a bit flat mentally that he keeps getting injured. He's been down in the dumps because of his injuries."

Player manager Ricky Olarenshaw claimed during the week Cousins "may have lost his way again ... there have been lots of sightings of him out and about with his behaviour a little bit erratic."

Cousins' management has denied the claim and Olarenshaw has apologised.

But Kizon, who features in Cousins's coming documentary, said he was pleased his mate no longer suffered his old drug problems.

"All we ever did is try to help him. All we've ever said is, 'Mate, listen, you're going down the wrong track, pull your head in or you'll get a kick in the guts'," Kizon said.

"But he's over 16. He's responsible for his own actions. How many times can you talk to a guy?

"I still speak to Ben occasionally."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/underworld-figure-john-kizon-describes-his-mate-ben-cousins/story-e6frf7jo-1225852226891

FNM

« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2010, 09:36:57 AM »
Anyone note the Herald Sun's double standards when it comes to their own "Pack of Fools"
They fobbed off the Jon Anderson story and let him write his own piece on it, and then compare today's front page.
 :banghead