Author Topic: Francis Jackson on SEN at 8am / Club by club: what the recruiters said  (Read 1663 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Club by club: what the recruiters said
By staff reporters
9:33 PM Thu 18 Nov, 2010

RICHMOND

Recruiting manager Francis Jackson said the Tigers filled a number of holes around the ground with their selections.

Draft summary

"We've think we've got a good mix of talls and smalls, but they're also versatile players that can kick the ball well, which was a focus for us coming in.

"Reece is just the all-round package; Jake Batchelor is a half-back flanker; Dean McDonald is a key forward and Tom Derickx is a big, strong ruckman, so we've covered a lot of bases with our picks."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/105404/default.aspx
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 08:31:43 AM by one-eyed »

Ramps

Re: Club by club: what the recruiters said (afl site)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 10:54:59 PM »
Dean McDonald is only 184cm tall ... wtf ... where does he see a key forward?

TigerTimeII

Re: Club by club: what the recruiters said (afl site)
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 06:57:51 AM »
i think he means dean can play a key role in the fwd line and be a dangerous goal kicker , something we lack

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Francis Jackson on SEN at 8am
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 08:35:46 AM »
Francis Jackson was just on SEN with Tim Watson, Andy Maher and Andrew Gaze.....

* Hardwick has made sure we give the kids every opportunity to play. We had 12 of the 14 kids we picked up last year play senior footy and we expect a similar return from this year's group.

* Conca - Inside and outside player. Played Soccer until he was 13 so he learnt from that good awareness and peripheral vision. Expect him to make the transition to AFL senior footy quickly given he played senior WAFL against men already. He wasn't a sudden riser and contender in the draft to us as he was best in 6 of his 7 colts games and best in his 2nd senior game against eventual premiers Swan Districts. He have rated him highly for a while now.

* Jackson - 189cm running half-back. Very good kick with high efficiency which was a important criteria we focussed on with all our picks.

* Helbig - Also has played senior footy for West Adelaide under Andy Collins who has a Richmond connection via his days as coach of Coburg.

* MacDonald - 43 goals 18 behinds in the TAC Cup. So very efficient around the goals and can also take a grab.

* Derickx - 201cm mature-age ruckman who played for Claremont in the WAFL Grand Final.

* Taking off you Richmond hat who is the best kid in the draft? Swallow will be the most certain from a consistent point of view but if Sam Day can reach his potential he'll be a very exciting talent. Scott Clayton has done very well with his Gold Coast picks.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Francis Jackson on SEN at 8am / Club by club: what the recruiters said
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 08:49:51 AM »
CLUB REACTION:
"Overall we're really happy. We tracked Reece Conca for a long time and we've seen every game of his live and rate highly. We got a real mixture of players and they all kick the footy well, which was a real focus for us. McDonald kicked 43.18 for Gippsland this year and he can mark it so we think in time he'll be a good player for us and Tom Derickx is a mature-age ruckman." FRANCIS JACKSON, recruiting manager

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/2010-afl-national-draft-who-your-club-picked-20101118-17zfd.html

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-draft-2010/richmond

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 09:40:07 AM »
CLUB REACTION:
"Overall we're really happy. We tracked Reece Conca for a long time and we've seen every game of his live and rate highly.

That's good to know. Means we've seen a lot of him and hopefully have made an informed decision. I presume Francis hasn't watched all his games personally. Who's our WA scout?

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Francis Jackson on SEN at 8am
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 10:28:12 AM »
Scott Clayton has done very well with his Gold Coast picks.

An absolute genius!!

He somehow got Swallow and Day despite only having picks 1,2 and 3 in the draft!!   :rollin
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 01:13:38 PM »
Let's see what the genious fj delivers.

I believe it was a condition of him coming on sen that the stuff up from it guy would not be mentioned.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 01:22:17 PM »
On what basis do you have that belief?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 04:08:18 PM »
Video of Francis Jackson talking about the draft and each of our picks.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/roar%20vision%20archive/tabid/11454/contentid/314631/default.aspx