Author Topic: Jack Riewoldt and Dustin Martin --- Signed, Sealed and Delivered  (Read 3165 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers strike double gold (RFC)
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2010, 02:39:31 PM »
Tigers strike double gold
richmondfc.com.au
By Tony Greenberg
Thu 26 August, 2010

Richmond young guns, Jack Riewoldt and Dustin Martin, have signed new contract extension deals with the Club, binding them to Tigerland at least until the end of 2013.

The talented pair is contracted to the Tigers for the 2011 season, but they have agreed to terms for a new agreement, which will extend their tenure at Punt Road by a further two years.

“We are delighted that Jack and Dustin have shown such strong commitment to the Club,” said Richmond’s General Manager of Football Craig Cameron.

“They firmly believe in the direction we’re headed, which is great, because they form an integral part of our plans for the future.

“I’m sure all Richmond supporters would be thrilled by the efforts of both Jack and Dustin this season, and the particularly pleasing aspect is they’re so young, with scope for much more improvement.”

Watch Riewoldt and Martin for the final time on the field for season 2010, on Sunday against Port Adelaide at Etihad Stadium.  Reserve your seats here.

Riewoldt, 21, has had a breakout season in his fourth year of league football, kicking 75 goals and leading the race for the Coleman Medal by six goals, with just one round to play.

He has scored four goals or more eight times this season, with a career-best return of 10 goals against West Coast at the MCG in Round 12.

From Round 8-15, he booted 43 goals - the highest tally by a player over a consecutive eight-match period in AFL football since Essendon’s Matthew Lloyd in 2001.

Who will take Jack home in 2010?  Find out at Richmond's Jack Dyer Medal presentation evening on September 1 at Crown Palladium.  Find out more here.

Martin has had a major impact in the midfield throughout his debut season with Richmond.

The 19-year-old, who was the Tigers’ first pick (and the third, overall) in the 2009 AFL National Draft, is averaging just over 20 disposals per game in his 20 appearances.

He has racked up 20 disposals or more on 10 occasions, with a season-high 26 against Brisbane at the Gabba in Round 13.

Martin is ranked No. 2 at the Club this season for inside-50 entries, with 70, just behind Brett Deledio, who has 74.

And, he’s ranked No. 3 at Tigerland for total disposals, with 401, behind Shane Tuck, 493, and Brett Deledio, 533.

Riewoldt and Martin join another rising Richmond star in Trent Cotchin, who earlier this year signed a three-year extension deal with the Club, also securing his future at Punt Road at least until the end of the 2013 season.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/101149/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Riewoldt, Martin happy with deals (RFC)
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2010, 02:59:09 PM »
Riewoldt, Martin happy with deals
richmondfc.com.au
By Luke Holmesby
Thu 26 August, 2010

EMERGING star Jack Riewoldt says he had no hesitation in signing a new deal with Richmond that will see him at Punt Road until the end of 2013.

Riewoldt, 21, has blossomed as one of the league's best forwards in his fourth year, kicking 75 goals and leading the race for the Coleman Medal with one round to play.

His hauls included a 10-goal effort against West Coast in round 12, and he managed 43 goals in eight games from round eight to round 15.

“We’re building a group here that is going to take us forward and hopefully we are going to have success in the future with the guys who are playing out here,” he said.

“A lot of us pride ourselves on being a group here and I think Geelong have built the same thing. St Kilda have done the same thing. They are the groups who have been successful. We are building something from the bottom up here and it is just what we are working on.”

Dustin Martin, 19, who has also signed with the Tigers until the end of 2013, has had a major impact in the midfield in his debut season with Richmond after being selected at No.3 in the 2009 NAB AFL Draft.

He has averaged more than 20 disposals per game in his 20 appearances, and ranks second at Richmond for inside 50s and third for total disposals.

Martin, who was linked in the media with Team GWS, said he never seriously entertained the thought of leaving the Tigers for one of the expansion clubs.

“It didn’t bother me too much. That was discussed between my manager and Craig (Cameron). I just concentrated on my footy and it didn’t faze me too much,” he said.

“It’s been really exciting with the other young blokes around me. Having a few wins has made it a lot more exciting and hopefully we can finish off good this weekend.”

Riewoldt and Martin join fellow young gun Trent Cotchin in committing to the club's future. Cotchin signed a three-year extension earlier in 2010 that will tie him to Punt Road until the end of 2013.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/101175/default.aspx